A Photograph of You & I

More Than Hormones

Regular P.O.V

I woke up in a place that was both familiar and unfamiliar to me. In a bed that was not my own and wrapped in its warm cotton sheets.

I blinked a few times before slowly rising. The shades over the windows were closed but I could see a white light pouring in the cracks they didn't cover. I couldn't put my memories of the previous night in any order and I fought with my memory for some time while trying to do so.

It was then I realized whose bed I was in.

Hesitantly I began to untangle myself from the warm cocoon I had created for myself and touched my bare feet to the cold wooden floor. I shivered as the sensation of the cooler air registered in my mind and I lightly tiptoed over the dresser and pulled the already open sock drawer, so its contents were more visible.

Knowing he wouldn't mind, I selected a newer looking pair of thick socks and slid them on my feet. They were much too large and baggy but they kept my toes warm.

Carefully, I went back to the bed and enveloped myself in its warmth again, although it had slightly faded from being exposed.

As I lay there I tried, again, to reassemble my thoughts and memories of the previous night. I vaguely remembered that at midnight I had kissed and run out on the only man that I could claim to have very nearly loved - in my entire life. Then there was the crying and breaking down over something so significant I found myself ashamed that I had forgotten it.

" Just know that no matter what you want us to be, and even if you give your heart to someone else...I'll always belong to you."

I mentally slapped myself for not saying anything that was meaningful back. No, instead I cried and passed out.

"Way to go." I said to myself as I again uncovered myself with every intention of heading downstairs to face the men who would undoubtedly give me the cold shoulder this morning.

My plan was soon foiled as two of them, instead, came to greet me.

I had just reached the door when it flew open revealing clearly hungover Ryan and Bam. I chuckled a little at their disheveled appearances but my laughter was soon silenced by the identical hard looks they each gave me.

"Morning." I said brightly, hoping to lighten their moods. My attempt was to no avail and their expressions didn't get lighter at all.

"Come with me." Bam ordered, taking my arm gently and walking me in front of him.

"Where are we going" I asked, worried they might make me face something I wasn't ready to.

"You'll see." Ryan answered from behind me as we headed down the main flight of stairs.

When I saw who occupied the leather couch in the living room I knew exactly where we were going and I realized that they were indeed going to make me face what I wasn't ready to.

"Yo, Vil!" Bam yelled as we approached the couch. My heart thudded in my chest as he stirred. I was almost sure they could hear it.

"Go away." A very sleepy, and most likely, hungover, Ville mumbled from his place on the couch. I sighed in relief. I still had time to escape. Then I realized the issue of no transportation. And as I looked out the glass doors the weather looked very unforgiving as well.

"Forget it, you're stuck here." Ryan whispered in my ear. I found it a little eerie that he guessed my plan before I'd even completely formulated it.

"No Ville, get up." Bam insisted.

"Bam, stop." I said quietly, not wanting to provoke him and more than was necessary. Especially not this early in the morning.

"No Aina, you two need to sort this shit out. I refuse to have him moping around and you acting like absolutely nothing happened last night when " He started.

"BAM!" Ville's voice bellowed from the couch as he sat up and rubbed his red eyes. I prayed they weren't red from crying.

Bam, Dunn, and I all looked at Ville in stunned silence. That man nearly never yelled. The sound of it was weird coming from him.

"Bam, this is Aina's and my problem. Don't get into it." Ville continued quietly. "This is absolutely none of your business."

Bam just looked at his friend with fire in his eyes. He clearly wasn't used to be being put in his place, especially by the man he called his idol.

Dunn and I looked between Ville and Bam, sensing the unspoken words that passed between them. After a few tense moments, that seemed to last forever, Bam backed down.

"Fine." He said simply, but with a tone of anger to his voice. He stormed out of the living room and Dunn released the easy grip he had on my arm. I sighed as he too, left.

I felt stares on me as I turned my head away from Ville. I was ashamed to look at him, feeling unworthy of his attention after how foolishly I had acted the night prior.

"Come here, Darling." His rich voice flowed around me and I found myself weak to its power. Slowly, but surely I took a seat on the leather couch next to him. I was sure to keep a safe distance however.

"Thank you." I said, looking up into his green eyes. They sparkled despite their redness.

"For?"

"Letting me take over your bed." I replied with a smirk. He chuckled lightly in response. "And for keeping Bam out of this." He nodded and covered his face with his hands.

A few uneasy moments passed between us. Neither of us saying a word when there was so much that needed to be said. Yet neither of us seemed to be capable of mustering the courage to say them. It was with a heavy sigh that he rose from the couch.

"I'm going to go get a beer." He said, walking quickly away from me.

"It's not even noon." I commented.

"Since when has that ever stopped me?" He called back as he started down the stairs toward the bar.

Bam's P.O.V

"He's got some fucking nerve!" I paced back and forth in my bedroom while Ryan sat on the edge of the bed, flipping through some magazine.

"He had a point." Ryan said shortly. I glared at him but he paid no attention, which infuriated me to no end.

"They're screwing this whole thing up!" I continued as I turned to begin my repetitive walk again.

"Then maybe nothing is meant to happen." Ryan said pessimistically.

"SHUT UP!" I bellowed, having had enough of his negativity. "Those two are meant for each other. They're just too damn stubborn to see it!"

This time Ryan had nothing to say. He merely looked at me with sympathetic eyes. I sighed and plopped down on the floor, cradling my head in my hands.

"They see it. They just don't want to do anything about it." He said quietly after some time.

I looked back up at him expectantly. He shook his head indicating that he had nothing more to say. I narrowed my eyes again.

"Well what the hell! I had to fight tooth and nail to get those two out here for just one night. And now look at what's happened. Ville's in worse shape than before and Aina is trying to pretend like there was nothing between them!" I began ranting about the obvious again.

"Bam, you can't make everything go how you want it to. They were teenagers when they told each other they had feelings for each other. Those feelings are probably long dead. Maybe Aina had a point about Ville clinging to his past because he's upset about his split with Jonna." Ryan said. I refused to believe anything he said.

"No Ryan, this is something that goes much deeper than teenage fucking hormones."

"Well, then what do you suggest we do? Ville told you this is his and Aina's problem to work out. Not yours."

I looked at him with annoyance. "It became my problem the second they walked through my door."