Status: Comment :)

I Miss You.

I Miss You.

My eyes open but they immediately close as they come in contact with the bright sun that comes through my bedroom windows.

I put my right hand a few inches in front of my eyes and make my way out of bed, I walk over to the windows and pull the curtains so that they meet in the middle, I turn around and look at the huge bedroom. It was so lonely without Matt here, I let out a sigh and walk over to the bed again and throw myself down on it.

I look to my left and see my mobile phone lying there, without hesitation I pick it up and starts dialing the number I know by heart.

“Hey babe” I heard his voice and I fell in love again.

If there is one thing that I love about Matt (besides his amazing looks and buff-ness) it’s his voice, no matter where we are or what’s happening his voice keeps me safe. I love the way he whisper sweet nothings into my ear when we are alone in our house watching a movie or when I get scared half to death by the lightning and he uses his voice to calm me down, like I said; I love it.

“Hey” I said while playing with a lock of my hair, twirling it around my point finger.

“What’s up? is something wrong?” He asked with a small hint of concern in his voice.

“No, nothing’s wrong. I’m just bored and alone” I said pouting to myself.

“I’m sorry babe, but good news is I’ll be home in a few days though” He said and I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

“I can’t wait” I said excited.

There was a small silence between us, not an awkward one and not an uncomfortable one, it was normal, hearing each other’s small breath over the phone. I closed my eyes and pretended he was right beside me lying in bed.

“I miss you” I hear him say and I opened my eyes again.

“I miss you to baby” I replied feeling sad.

“Yo Matt, you’re needed in the studio” I hear Matt’s best friend Jimmy shout.

“One second” I hear him shout “I’m sorry babe but I have to go” He said.

“It’s ok, I’ll talk to you later?” I asked with hope.

“Of course” He said with a small laugh.

“Awesome, well go record your album and remember the faster you work the faster you can get home to me and I have a surprise for you” I said gently biting my lower lip.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I can’t tell you that, then it wouldn’t be a surprise. You’ll just have to wait and see.” I said with a giggle at the end.

“Fine, I’ll guess I’ll just wait” He said in a bored tone.

“Now you have something to look forward to” I said.

“I already had someone to look forward to when I got home” He said and I giggled still twirling my hair, I must admit, it felt like we were in high school again.

“You’re too sweet” I said licking my dry lips.

“Seriously Matt” I heard Jimmy in the background.

“I’m coming, I’m coming” He said.

“Seriously? They can’t record the album without you, what kind of a band are they?” I asked jokingly.

“I know, apparently they need a singer to sing, what is all that about? I honestly thought I got the job because I am so good looking” He said which made both of us laugh.

“MATT!” I heard Jimmy shout.

“Ok go. Before Jimmy goes all ninja crazy on you” I said.

“I’m going, I love you” He said.

“I love you too Dimple-kins” I said loving the nickname I have for him.

“Bye” He said and then I heard the dial tone.

I sighed and put the phone at my side, I looked up at the ceiling and ran my hand through my hair before I got up from the bed and walked over to the stereo.

I looked through the small CD collection we had until I found the one. I smiled just looking at the CD. I put it in and pushed play.

There was a small cough at the beginning “Uhm, testing testing. Is this thing on?” I hear Matt’s voice.

“Ok, so Emma it’s your 24th birthday and I made this song for you as a gift, but don’t worry I have something else for you in case I blow this up” He said and I hear the nervousness in his voice which still to this day makes me ‘aw.’

“It’s called ‘Dear God’” He continued and I could hear the piano starting to play. I smiled to myself and turned the volume up.

I walked into the bathroom and began to undress as Matt started to sing. I remember the first time I heard this song, it was the first time anyone had heard it, Matt thought it didn’t sound as good since it was just the piano and his voice but I love it, it’s been my favorite song ever since I have first heard it.

I turned on the shower and when it was just hot enough I stepped inside. I close my eyes and let the water run down my body as the chorus begins.

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed
Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired, I'm missing you again, oh no, once again


Every time Matt is gone I put on this song because even though he isn’t here, it still feels like it.