First Love

chapter 12

Annie's pov
As Frank and I walked to school together, he wasn't his usual talkative self and I could tell that something was on his mind but he wouldn't tell me what it was.
"Frank tell me!" I pleaded.
"Hey look at that dog"" he said pointing across the street.
One the other side of the street was some skinny dog chasing it's tail.
"Don't try and change the subject," I said pinching him.
"Ow!" he said rubbing his arm. "That hurt," He said pouting.
"I'm sorry," I said kissing him gently on the lips, he grabbed hold of me and began trying to stick his tongue in my mouth.
"Not in the street!" I said pulling away, blushing as I looked around us to see if anyone had seen.
"Erm hello, we made out in the park the other day."
"Oh yeah, well until you tell me what's up there will be no more of that," I said in a stern voice.
"Annie, stop going on. it's nothing." he said a little angrily.
"I don't mean to go on, I just don't like seeing you like this," I said. "Look I'll make you a deal, if you tell me what's up I'll let you feel me up after school." This made him grin like the cheshire cat.
"Really?" He asked excitedly.
"Yes," I said blushing again.
"Ok, I didn't wanna tell you because I don't want you to worry. But I got another letter like before." He said holding my hands.
"What did it say?" I asked.
"Um it was just this little poem riddle type thing about us, I can't remember exactly, I threw it away." he replied looking down.
"Who would do that, and why? it makes no sense." I said feeling sad.
"I wish I knew," he replied kissing my forehead.

Annie's pov
After school Frank had to go to the hospital for a check up so I started to walk home by myself.
"Annie!"I turned around to see Hannah running towards me.
"Hey," I said as she almost tripped trying to stop suddenly.
"Hey," she said with a smile. "What are you up to?" she asked walking alongside me.
"Oh nothing, I was just going to go home." I replied watching her trying to get her breath back.
"Bor-ing," she sang. "Why don't you come over to mine, we can help each other with our science thingy."
"Oh yeah, sure but I can't stay long." I said, my parents called at like 7pm every day to make sure I was home, sometimes my aunt let me go out after though.

Hannah's annoying brother was home so once we got there we went up to her room, she had like a million posters up on the walls and about the same number of cd's piled up around her room.
"Hey do you want a drink?" she asked throwing her bag down.
"Yeah, please," I replied doing the same.
Once Hannah left the room I began to look at who's cd's she had, over on the desk I saw a couple of new ones that I'd been thinking of getting. I walked over and picked them up to get a better look, as I did I noticed an envelope underneath them, it was addressed to me.
I put the cd's down and picked up the envelope, it looked like the one that I'd recieved before but before I could open it Hannah came back in.
"What's this," I asked holding up the envelope.
"Erm an envelope," She replied walking towards me.
"It's like the one I recieved last month, and it's adressed to me, why would you have it?" I asked.
"I um, I found it on your doorstep," She replied without meeting my eyes.
"If you found it on my doorstep why didn't you give it to me?" I asked a little confused.
"Well as you said it looked like the other one you recieved and I didn't want you to see it and get upset again." She replied trying to take it out of my hand.
"I never showed you the other one, how would you know?" I asked keeping hold of it.
"I don't know," She mumbled.
It was then that I began to get this terrible idea in my head, I didn't want to believe that it could be true but it seemed like the only explanation.
"Hannah, did you write those letters?" I asked.
'Please say no, please say no!"
"Yes," She replied moving away from me.
"Why?" I asked feeling both angry and sad.
"Isn't it obvious?" She asked.
"Um no." I replied walking towards her. Suddenly another thought came into my head.
"Oh my Gosh, you like Frank!" I said almost shouting.
"No," she said coming closer to me.
"Then what?" I asked.
"I like you!" She said before grabbing hold of me and kissing me.

Annie's pov
I pulled away and went over the last few moments in my head. Did that really just happen or was I dreaming? I pinched my arm to check, no such luck I was awake.
I didn't know what to do, I felt angry at her for sending those horrible lnothes, confused at the thought that I may have given her the wrong impression about our friendship, and sad that I may lose one of my best friends by what I was about to do.
"Are you completely out of your mind? How dare you do this!" I said waving the envelope around.
"I'm sorry," she said quietly.
"Sorry! sorry's just a word, you don't have to mean it to say it. Can you imagine how these notes made us feel?" I shouted.
"Look I didn't mean to hurt you, I just didn't know what to do." She replied sitting down at the end of her bed.
"You didn't know what to do? Hannah you could've just told me." I said lowering my voice.
"But you got together with Frank," She said.
"So what, you thought you'd scare us apart?" I asked sitting down next to her.
"I don't know," she replied shrugging her shoulders.
"I don't know what else to say, what to do. I love Frank and you tried to ruin that, I don't know if I can forgive you for that. I said standing up.
"You love him!" She said looking up, an expression of shock appearing on her face.
Realising what I'd just said I paused for a moment, did I love him?
"Yes I do," I said smiling.
"I have to go," I said picking up my bag, as I walked out onto the landing I was sure I could hear Hannah crying. I felt bad leaving her like that, but I had to, what she'd done was wrong.

Frank's pov
As we pulled into the driveway I saw Annie sitting on the porch steps, she looked up at us and waved.
"Ooh look it's Annie, I can't believe my little Frankie has such a pretty girlfriend," Said my mum grabbing my cheek.
"Mum!" I said in embarrassment as I got out of the car.
"Hey," I said hugging Annie. I waited until my mum had gone inside to say anything more.
"Seeing as I couldn't see you after school do I get to feel you up now?" I asked with a wink.
"Oh you know I would love to let you do that but uh, I have something to tell you." She said putting her arms around me.
"Hmm, and what would that be?" I asked.
"I know who sent the notes," She said.
"What? who? how did you find out?" I asked moving the hair out of her eyes.
"Hannah, it was Hannah," She said sadly.
"Are you serious?" I asked in suprise.
I knew there was something not quite right about her but I hadn't expected that.
"Yeah, I went over to her house after school and I found an envelope like the ones we'd recieved. I asked her about it and she told me she'd sent it." She said holding on a little tighter to me.
"Why would she do that?" I asked resting my head on hers.
"Um, she kinda likes me as more than a friend." She replied.
I had certainly not expected to hear that, it made sense I guess but woah!
"Well I can see why she does," I said with a smile.
"Yeah I know, I'm just so irresistable right?" She sid with a grin.
"Yes, yes you are," I replied nodding my head like one of those dogs that sit in the back of your car.
She didn't say anything else, just kissed me before pulling away.
"I have to go," She said stroking my face.
"No fair," I said pouting.
"I'm sorry, I promise tomorrow we can have a little play date if you know what I mean." She said with a glint in her eye.
"Oh I think I do," I said kissing her briefly.
"Bye little Frankie poo," She said as she begun to walk away.
"By Annie uh poo haha," I said waving.
I watched as she walked down the street, as she got towards the end she turned around and looked at me.
"By the way," she shouted, " I love you!".
What? did she just say she loved me? before I could say anything in return she turned the corner.