First Love

chapter 15

Annie's pov
"So tell me about your school, have you made lot's of friends yet?" asked my mum as we sat having our hair done. I can't believe I actually agreed to this, I'll probably end up looking like an even bigger freak than I already was.
"It's ok, I've made a few friends," I replied watching in the mirror as the stylist began to cut my hair. I didn't know whether or not to tell her about Frank.
"Alyssa told me about your little boyfriend," no need to bother I guess. "Is he cute?" she asked winking.
"Ok mum, what's going on here?" I asked ignoring everyone around us.
"What do you mean Annie?" She asked looking over at me.
Is she serious? how can she ask me that!
"Well you're being nice to me, buying me nice things, taking me to have my hair done, showing interest in my life! no offence but I don't remember you doing any of that in uh ever!" I replied, looking over at her I saw her expression change from smiley happy to sad. "Are you and dad getting a divorce?" I asked.
"What? no! Annie, I know that I haven't been the most caring and attentive mother but I do love you. And after everything that happened with you I realised that I had to change. One of my beautiful daughters was in pain and I was so obsessed with myself that I didn't even notice." she said wiping away a tear that had landed on her cheek. I don't think I'd ever seen her cry.
"I'm sorry I made you cry," I said reaching over to hold her hand.
"Oh sweetheart don't you apologise, I'm glad you said what was on your mind." She said with a smile/
"I love you mum," I said.
"I love you too Annie," she said in return.
We sat looking at each other before the stylists standing behind us clapped and 'awwed!'.
"So is he cute?" she asked turning around to look at herself in the mirror.
"Yeah he is," I replied blushing before turning around myself.

For some reason once we left the salon I found myself telling her about everything, the whole Crystal and Hannah thing, and me and Frank. I left out the whole us losing our virginity the evening before thing though, I felt that was a little too much to share just yet.
"All of this and you've only been here for two months!" she said in suprise. "I'm sure my teenage years weren't this eventful," she said laughing.
"Well I wish mine weren't," I replied laughing a little.

Frank's pov
My mum got fed up of having me just sitting around the house with nothing to do, so she lifted my grounding.
I decided to go and see my beautiful Annie but when I got to her house no-one seemed to be in so I decided to go to Mikey's. As I was walking to his I saw Hannah on the other side of the street, I crossed over to her side but when she saw me she went to cross over to where I had just come from.
"No, Hannah wait," I said.
"Why?" she asked looking at me. "So you can tell me how what I did was stupid and I should be ashamed of myself blah blah blah. Don't bother, I already know that." She said defensively.
"I wasn't going to say that," I said walking towards her.
"Then what?" she asked.
"Everyone has their own way of showing how they feel, yeah your's may not have been the smartest but it's what you felt you needed to do." I said.
"Frank, can you just get to the point?" she asked.
"Fine, what you did pissed me off, in fact everything you do does, but you're not my friend so I can deal with that. But Annie really cares about you and even though what you did made her a little angry, it hurt her even more. You're like her best friend and you shouldn't throw that away." I said before walking away.