First Love

chapter 16

Annie's pov
The next day I went to buy the groceries with my mum, just as I bent down to pick up some feminine hygiene products I looked up and saw Frank and his mum turn into the aisle.
"Fuck!" I said trying to think of a way for this to be less embarrassing. I looked for somewhere to hide but it was a straight aisle, what did I expect? I hoped they wouldn't see me.
"Hello Annie," said Frank's mum standing beside our basket.
Frank smiled and mouthed 'I'm sorry!'
"Het," I said standing up and quickly dropping the packet into the basket.
We all stood there saying nothing for a moment.
My mum let out a cought and looked from me to Frank and his mum, suggesting that I should introduce them.
"Oh uh, mum this is Frank and his mum Linda," I said pointing towards them, "Frank, Linda this is my mum Callie."
"Aah so this is Frank, you're right he is a cutie," she said smiling at me. Geez why didn't she just stab me? it would've killed me faster than the embarrassment.
"It's very nice to meet you both," she said holding out her hand.
"You too," said Linda taking hold of it.
"Your mum!" Frank mouthed. I nodded a yes.
"Why is she here?" he whispered as our mothers talked.
"Just visiting for a few day," I whispered back.
"And you're hanging out with her," he said.
"Yeah, I always hang out with my mum in grocery stores," I said sarcastically.
"Annie!" he said tickling me.
"I dunno, she's different. nice," I said moving his hands away from my waist.
"Aww, aren't they cute?" said Linda.
"They really are," replied my mum.