First Love

chapter 19

Annie's pov
It was my birthday the next saturday, I woke to find a rose on the pillow next to me along with the note. Opening it up I read what it said.

open the top drawer of your dresser

I got out of my bed and walked over to the dresser, opening the top drawer I came across another rose and another note.

look outside your door

I opened the door and yet again there was another rose and note, reading it I began to smile.

go downstairs

Not wanting to disobey the note I did as it said, as I walked downstairs I spied another rose and note on the bottom step.

go to the dining room.
p.s. I love you

'ahh Frank, you're too cute,' I thought as I walked to the dining room.
Opening the door I was suprised to see a huge breakfast laid out for me, and Frank standing on the other side of the table making a 'ta da!' gesture with his arms.
"Oh my gosh," I said as I tried to take it all in.
"Happy birthday baby," said Frank walking over to me before pulling me into a hug and kissing me softly on the lips.
"Frank! did you do all of this?" I asked pulling away.
"Haha no, you're aunt did it all but she had to go to work so I thought I'd take all the credit," he said laughing. "But the flowers and notes were all my idea," he said looking proud.
"Well thankyou very much," I said kissing him.
"Ok enough chit-chat, let's eat and then you can have your present," he said smiling.
After we finished eating I expected Frank to give me a gift but instead he told me to get dressed.
"Why? where are you taking me?" I asked, patience was never one of my strong points.
After getting dressed Frank lead me out to his mum's car that she'd obviously leant him, or at least I hoped she had.
"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked getting in the car.
"Let me think. uh no! put this on over your eyes," he said holding up a scarf.
"Are you serious," I asked.
He just tilted his head and raised an eyebrow which I took as a yes.
"Ok then, but if you take me to like dome forest or something to try and have your wicked way with me I will have to hurt you!" I said laughing.
Frank poked me before starting the engine, we drove for a while, stopping ever now and then at red lights which always produced some sort of a profanity to come out of Frank's mouth.
Finally we made it to our destination, Frank wouldn't let me take the scarf off of my eyes yet so he came around to my side and helped me out of the car.
"Ok just walk a little bit forward," he said holding on to my waist. "Ok stop!" he said before taking the scarf off.
Opening my eyes I looked around, Frank had taken me to a beach.
"I know you miss living near the ocean, so I thought you'd like to come here". he said as I turned to face him.
"This is the best present ever!" I said before kissing him.
"Mmm. Oh well this wasn't your actual present but if you like this so much I can just take it back for a refund," he said grinning.
"No! you can still give it to me," I said smiling.
"Hmm well, we'll se about that," he said leading me to the sand.
We sat just watching the waves and talking for an hour or so, me in Frank's arms.
"Are you going to go back home?" he asked me suddenly.
I honestly hadn't thought about it, although staying in New Jersey was only meant to be a short-term thing.
"I don't know," I said holding his hand. "Why do you ask?"
"I was just wondering," he replied.
After a while we began to get cold and headed over to a diner to get some hot chocolate.
"Do you want your present?" He asked smiling.
"Yes," I said grinning.
"Ok then," he said as he pulled out a small box from his pocket.
I opened it to see a silver necklace with three charms on it, a heart and the letters A and F.
"Frank it's beautiful," I said looking up at him. "Will you help me put it on?"
"Sure," he replied. "I'm glad you like it," he said before kissing the back of my kneck as he did the clasp up