First Love

chapter 24

Frank's pov
Laying on my bed that night I stared at the piece of paper that I held in my hand for what seemed like forever, knowing that if I called the number on it I'd be able to talk to the one person that had truely made me happy in my whole life.
My attention moved from the piece of paper down to my hand and the ring on my finger, taking it off I read the words that were engraved inside, as I reached for my phone to dial the number it began to ring.
"Hey Kelly," I said connecting the call.
After I finished talking to her I didn't really feel like trying to call Annie so I placed the piece of paper in my jeans pocket and watched tv for a while before heading off to bed.

The next morning I woke up to the light streaming in through my window, squinting I turned over to look at the time, 11.34.
I got up from the bed and walked over to my bathroom, after taking a shower I dried myself off and walked back into my room to get dressed.
I looked around for the jeans I'd thrown on the floor last night but they were gone, after finding some others to wear I walked into the living room where Mikey was eating cereal and watching cartoons.
"Dude, did you borrow my jeans," I asked.
"Unless you haven't noticed I'm a lot taller and well less pudgy than you, why would I borrow your jeans," he said laughing at what he thought was him being funny.
"I dunno, they're not where I left them, if you didn't take them who did? the invisible people that live under my bed," I said sarcastically.
"Since when is Ray invisible and living under your bed?" he asked moving his eyes away from the tv.
"Ray took my jeans?" I asked.
"Yeah he came by earlier and asked if we had any laundry, I said he should just take whatever you had on the floor," he replied.
"Oh ok," I said sitting down next to him.
I watched cartoons with him for a few minutes, suddenly I remembered that I'd put the piece of paper with Annie's number on it in the jeans.
"Oh shit!" I thought out loud.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"When did Ray take the washing?" I asked standing up.
"A couple of hours ago," he said lookin away.
"Where did he take it to?" I asked.
"Uh, the laundry place," replied Mikey as if he were talking to a five year old.
"The one down the street?" I asked grabbing my jacket.
"I guess so," he said shrugging his shoulders.

Leaving the apartment I ran as fast as I could but by the time I found Ray my jeans had already made friends with the washing machine.
"Ray! did you find a piece of paper in my pocket?" I asked.
"Um no, I kinda didn't look," he said scratching his arm.
"Are you serious?" I said in disbelief.
"Yeah, sorry man was it important?" he asked.
I told him about how Gerard had met Annie which he already knew, and that Gerard had given me her number which I put in my jeans and so on.
"Dude I'm sorry," he said placing a hand on my back.
"It's ok I guess, I mean it's probably for the best right?" I asked knowing that I'd be looking for her everywhere I went now.
"Yeah, yeah I'm sure it's for the best," he replied unconvincingly.