First Love

chapter 26

Annie's pov
A few days later Frank called me and invited me to a party that Gerard and Ray were having at their apartment.
I took Rain along, partly because I didn't want to hang around all by myself looking like a great big freak and partly because Frank had told me that there'd be friends of theirs from other bands there and Rain wanted to see if there were any hot ones there.
"Honey not everyone goes that way," I said as we walked along the path leading up to the apartment block.
"Uh hello, look at me!" he said moving his hand across his body. "I'm fucking hot," he said in all seriousness.
"Yeah, of course you are," I said sarcastically.
"You better take that sarcasm of yours back!" he said grabbing me.
"What if I don't?" I asked.
"Well, I don't wish to talk about it. But you'll see," he said putting on his 'menacing' face.
When we arrived at the front door I began to feel really nervous, I wished I'd had a few drinks before coming here to build up my courage but knowing me I probably would've just ended up drunk.
Rain noticed my hesitation to ring the door bell, so he pushed me out of the way and did it himself.
"Hey," he said with a big grin as Mikey answered the door.
"Hey," he replied looking a little confused. "Fuck me! Annie is that you?" he shouted noticing me standing next to Rain.
"Yes sir," I said smiling as he pulled me into a hug.
"Well come on in," he said holding my hand.
Before I could look around for Frank he began introducing me to anyone and everyone.

Annie's pov
Five minutes or so later I found myself abandoned by both Rain who'd spotted somecute guys that Mikey assured liked to have their cake and eat it too, and Mikey who'd gone to suck his new girlfriend Abbie's face off or something in a corner.
I stood looking around at everyone else in the room, I saw Gerard sitting on the couch talking to some guy so I walked over to say hi.
"Het Gerard," I said sitting down next to him.
"Hey pretty lady, how are you?" he asked hugging me.
"I'm good," I replied. "How are you?" I asked.
"Great, I'm great," he replied.
"Um, where's Frank?" I asked trying not to sound desperate.
"Oh um, he wasn't feeling too great earlier," he replied tucking his hair behind his ear.
"Oh," I said looking down at my hands.
"He said he might try and come later," he said. I smiled at that before excusing myself to go and get a drink.
Standing at the makeshift bar, a table laden with various alcoholic goodies I began to feel out of place.
"Are you like stalking me?" asked a voice from behind me.
Turning around I came face to well chest with the second most beautiful man that I'd ever seen.
"No," I replied nervously. "Would it be so bad if I was though?" I asked smiling.
"A girl as beautiful as you stalking me! I wouldn't say no," he said shrugging his shoulders.
"I bet you say that to all the girls," I said winking.
"Of course not!" he said acting suprised.
"If you say so," I said with a smile.
"Ahh ok, how about we start again?"
"Sure," I replied watching him as he walked away and then returned.
"Hey, I'm Adam Lazzara," he said holding out his hand.
"Annie Valentine," I said taking his hand.
"Valentine! Are you serious?" he asked keeping his hold on my hand.
"I know, corny right?" I said laughing.
"No, no it's nice. I like it," he said with a smile.
Damn!
"So Adam," I paused to clear my throat. "What is it that you do?" I asked.
"Oh well I'm a brain surgeon that uh, that likes to rescue injured animals in my spare time," he said keeping a straight face.
"Wow, I'm impressed." I said placing a hand on my chest.
"Yeah, I get that a lot," he smiled. "How about you?" he asked.
"Well my imagination obviously isn't as wild as yours because I can't think of anything to top that," I said laughing. "I'm a student," I replied.
"What are you studying?" he asked taking a sip of beer from the bottle that was in his hand.
"Photograhpy," I replied.
We continued talking for an hour of so about a bunch of random crap before dancing together in a clearing in the centre of the room.
"Do you always move so well?" he asked holding on to my waist.
"Depends on what you mean," I replied raising an eyebrow.
"Oh shit, are you flirting with him? You groupie whore," said Rain butting in and causing everyone to look our way.
"Rain!" I said trying not to die from the embarrassment.
"Oh sorry! Keep your panties on, that's if you're wearing any," he replied nudging me with his elbow.
"Shut up asshole," I said pushing him away.
"Allright allright, look I met someone so I'm gonna go," he said moving away. "Have fun Red," he said before looking at Adam and then winking at me.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," I said with my head in my hand.
"It's ok," said Adam lifting my head.
"I should probably go too," I said noticing a few people still looking over at us.
"Do you live near by? I could walk you home," he smiled.
"Oh you don't have to do that," I replied.
"I want to," he said.
We held hands as we walked, it felt nice. Every so often one of us would comment on the weather or something but for the most of the time we remained silent.
"Well this is it," I said as we arrived at my apartment.
"Oh, ok," he said looking at my door.
"Goodnight Adam, thankyou for walking me home," I said as I put my key into the lock.
"That's ok, it was my pleasure," he said before kissing me on the cheek. Before I knew it we were making out on my doorstep, I didn't want to stop but we couldn't stay out there all night and I wasn't the kind of girl who just invited guys in when I'd only really just met them.
Eventually we said our goodbyes, after walking inside I leant back onto the door and slid to the floor, I kept going over the night in my mind, I went to see the man who I was pretty sure I was still in love with and met someone else. Geez I guess I am a groupie whore.

Frank's pov
When I got to the party the night before I saw Annie talking to Adam, he had his arms around her and they looked pretty cosy so I went to talk to some people hoping that she wouldn't see me.
After a while they left together and throughout this morning I kept thinking about what had happened after, Annie wasn't the kind of girl who just, or was she? it had been a while since we had been together and people can change right?
I didn't know why it was bothering me so much, Annie and I were over a long time ago. We'd both moved on, I was with Kelly and she was with Adam, or at least I thought so now.
"What's wrong with you?" asked Mikey pushing me out of the way so that he could get into the kitchen.
"Huh?" I asked missing what he'd said.
"What. is. wrong. with. you?" he said slowly.
"Nothing, I was just thinking." I replied shaking my head.
"You miss Kelly?" he asked.
Actually I didn't, it was nice to be so far away from her and her nagging, not that I'd admit that to anyone.
"Yeah, yeah I miss Kelly." I replied.
"You still suck at lying," he said laughing.
"I'm not lying!" I protested.
"Yeah right, of course not," he said sarcastically.
I figured I might as well just tell him what I was thinking about, if I didn't he'd just go on and on about it.
"Did you see Annie last night?" I asked trying to sound casual.
"Yeah. Someone elses saw her too." He said raising an eyebrow.
"Do you think something happened?" I asked.
"Why do you care? she's not your girlfriend anymore," he said taking a bottle of water from the fridge.
"No but she's my friend, she might have been drinking and I don't want anyone taking advantage of her or anything." I said leaning against the counter.
"He wouldn't take advantage of her," he said opening the bottle.
"Yeah, I know." I mumbled.
"Geez Frank, why don't you just come out and say it. You still like her! You want to hug her, kiss her, marry her." He said poking me.
"I do not!" I said pushing his hand away.
"Aww, little Frankie has a crush. I should go call the guys." He said walking into the living room towards the phone.
I don't know what came over me but I tackled him onto the couch.
"Woah, you like me too. You greedy boy!" he said causing me to laugh.