First Love

chapter 28

Frank's pov
Taking Back Sunday were on a break from touring and Adam had invited us over to his for some beers, pizza and a movie, we arrived at around six and rang the doorbell but no-one answered. We stood waiting for a few minutes before trying it again, after still getting no reply Gerard called Adam on his cell phone.
"Where the fuck are you?" he asked when Adam answered.
"You're at your house, well so are we come and answer the fucking door," he said after a moment.
A minute or two later Adam opened the door looking dishevelled in just his jeans, no shirt.
"Hey," he said with a big grin.
"Hey," we all replied.
"Sorry about not answering the door before, I was a little uh busy," he said winking at us.
"With yourself?" Asked Gerard.
"Last I checked I wasn't you, I can have sex with people and not just my own hand." he said laughing before leading us inside.
Walking into the living room I saw Annie sitting on the couch, I know we're supposed to be just friends now but it broke my heart to think about what they'd been doing.
All evening Adam sat with his arm around Annies shoulder, kissing her neck every so often and whispering in her ear.
I should be happy for them right? I know I should, she's my friend, he's my friend, they make each other happy. That's all that should matter right?
But instead of thinking how cute and happy they looked together I just sat there my finger throbbing where her ring was, wanting to stab him or something every time he touched her.
After a while I couldn't take it anymore so I feigned a headache and went home.
It wasn't too late by the time I got back but I didn't really feel like doing anything so I went to bed, I just lay there for ages picturing them together in bed.
It was then that I realised just how I felt, I loved Annie, I always had. I'd never loved anyone as much as I'd loved her, not even Kelly and we'd been together for two years. It was always different with other girls, I never really felt excited when I talked to them on the phone or knew I was going to see them.
I wanted to tell her but she was with Adam now, I kept picturing me saying to her just how I felt and her laughing in my face. I know she'd never do that but it didn't stop me imagining it.

Frank's pov
Eventually I managed to get off to sleep, I don't know what time though but I knew it was late because I heard Mikey and Abbie get home. I think she's moved in here, if not she's wasting her money paying rent on her own place seeing as she spents like ninety-five percent of her time here. I don't mind though, she's really nice.
As I was poring the milk into my cereal she came in to the kitchen.
"Good morning!" she said cheerfully, patting me on the back.
"Morning," I replied sleepily.
"How's the head?" she asked pouring herself a cup of coffee.
"What?" I asked confused.
"Your head, how is it? I mean you were acting like you were dying last night." She said looking at me suspiciously.
"Oh, yeah it's ok thanks," I said looking down at the bowl.
"Mikey told me you were a bad liar," she said laughing slightly.
"What makes you think I'm lying?" I asked.
"Look Frank, I know what's going on with you. I see the way that you look at her, and well I just want you to know that you can always talk to me if you want." She said placing her hand on my arm.
"Thanks," I replied with a smile. "But if I were to talk about it, I'd have to think about it even more than I already do and I don't think I could handle that."
"Maybe you could just tell her," she said.
"Absoloutely no way, there's no way she feels the same way. I don't want to ruin our friendship." I said sadly.
"You don't think this is going to affect your friendship, I mean sooner or later you wont be able to see her because the thought of her and Adam, and keeping your feelings secret will drive you crazy." She said.
I knew she had a point but I just couldn't do it, I'd lost her once before, I didn't want to lose her again.