First Love

chapter 29

Annie's pov
It's two weeks since Adam went back on tour, I miss him but not as much as a girlfriend should miss her boyfriend.
It bothered me, I loved him I really did but it felt like there was something missing.
Something else was bothering me too, for the past few weeks I'd hardly seen Frank, I knew he was working and all but he hardly called me and when I called him to suggest meeting up he was always busy, I think he's avoiding me but I can't think of a reason why.
I really missed him, maybe more than I missed Adam.
As I walked around the grocery store I began to think about how bad a girlfriend I am, I mean here I am with a gorgeous, talented boyfriend who's like crazy about me and all I can think about is Frank.
"Hey Annie," I looked up to see Abbie standing in front of me holding a basket.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked.
"Oh you know just making sure the boys don't starve," she replied laughing.
"Oh," I said looking down at my basket.
"Missing Adam?" she asked.
"Honestly not really, I know it's awful right." I said keeping my eyes on the basket.
"I'm trying out a new career as an agony aunt, if you wanna talk to me feel free. I wont tell, I promise." She said.
"I don't even know what there is to say, I just, there's just so much going on in my head right now." I said finally looking up at her.
"I understand," she said touching my arm and smiling slightly.
I don't know what happened next but all of a sudden I lost control of myself, it felt as if I'd left my body and was watching myself from above, you know like how they have in the movies and all.
"I think I still love Frank," I said.
Abbie just stood there staring at me in suprise for a moment.
"Are you serious?" she asked.
"Yes," I said embarrassed, I couldn't believe I'd just told her that, Abbie was nice but I hardly knew her.
"Wow, does he know?" she asked.
"No, I can't tell him." I replied looking down again.
"You should," she said.
"He doesn't feel the same way, I'd just make a fool of myself." I said.
"No, no you wont. You should tell him, he might feel the same." She said touching my arm again.
"I doubt it," I said looking up at her. There was something in her eyes, did she know something that I didn't. Maybe Frank felt the same way, but it's not as if he'd tell her, or would he.
We talked some more as we walked around the store, Abbie kept urging me to tell Frank how I felt, saying it would be better if I just got it out in the open. I guess she's right but how do you tell your friend that you think you love them, how does a girl with a boyfriend tell the friend who has a girlfriend of two years that she loves him?