First Love

Chapter 3

Frank's pov
I sat on the steps outside the entrance of school waiting for Mikey to arrive, after a while I felt someone stand next to me, looking up I saw Annie.
"Hey Frank," she said as she sat down, "Monday morning huh, don't you just hate it?" she asked with a smile.
"Show me someone who doesn't," I replied laughing.
We sat in silence for a few minutes.
'should I say something?' I thought to myself, 'yes, ahh but what?'
"Are you ok?" she asked placing a hand on my arm.
'wow, that feels good.' I thought.
"oh uh yeah, why do you ask?" I replied.
"You just looked like you were in pain or something," she said.
"I was just thinking," I said as she started to laugh. "what's so funny?" I asked a little confused.
"Well you know, sometimes when someone is thinking you tell them not to hurt themselves," finally getting what she was saying I didn't know whether to laugh or be offended.
Before I could think of a way to reply without sounding dumb Mikey walked over.
"Hey Frank," he said kicking my foot, "who's this? your new girlfriend?" he said pointing at Annie.
"No!" I replied giving him an I'm so going to kick your ass look, before blushing.
'geez, what's going on? I'm turning into like a thirteen year old girl!'
"I'm Annie," she said standing up and holding out her hand, "and you are?" she asked raising an eyebrow.
"I'm Mikey," he replied shaking her hand.

Annie's pov
Mikey and Frank invited me to eat lunch with them, so here I was sitting in the shade underneath a large tree with them and Mikey's girlfriend Ashley.
She was really pretty with light brown hair and brown eyes, they made a really cute couple.
"So how come you moved to New Jersey?" asked Mikey looking away from Ashley for the first time since we'd sat down.
I really didn't want to start talking aboout it so I tried to make my answer as brief as I could.
"My parents thought it would be good for me to get away for a while." I replied looking down at my hands.
"Get away from what?" he asked.
"Geez Mikey, what's with all the questions?" asked Frank butting in.
"I'm just curious," Mikey replied shrugging his shoulders.
"Yeah well I don't think Annie wants to be fuelling your curiosity," said Frank.
"Ooh, get you!" said Mikey in a girly voice before standing up. "We'll just leave you to be all gentlemanly by yourelf," he continued taking hold of Ashley's hand and then walking away.
'Ok this is a little awkward' I thought.
"I'm sorry about Mikey," said Frank with a half smile.
"oh it's ok," I replied "I just don't really want to bring up the past right now."
"I understand, we can talk about something else like uh the desensitisation of children towards violence," he said giggling slightly.
'Oh my goodness. He's so cute!!'
"Hmm I don't think so," I said shaking my head. "How about you tell me about your band."
"Ok," he said with a happy look on his face, I guess this is something he really loves. "We're called my chemical romance as you already know, and we've been together for about a year," he paused for a moment. "There's me and Ray on guitars, Mikey on bass, Bob on drums and Mikey's older brother Gerard on vocals."
"So when you're not being rock stars, what do the other guys do?" I asked. "I mean I haven't seen any of them around school."
"Well uh, Gerard recently graduated from art school and now he doesn't really do anything, Ray works in a music store and Bob's a model for Playgirl," replied Frank.
"He's a what?" I asked in suprise, "Are you serious?"
"Haha, no. I just thought it would sound more interesting than saying he's looking for a job right now." he said laughing.
'Wow! he's has the most beautiful smile, and his lips look so...'
"Woah, we should go, it's almost time for art." Frank said interrupting my thoughts.
Looking down at my watch I saw he was right, sighed and stood up brushing a few strands of grass off my skirt. Frank stood up too and handed me my bag before challenging me to see who could get to class first.

Annie's pov
I spent most of art talking to Frank about our favourite bands and fun things to do around here, which he offered to show me some time.
Now I was sitting in science listening to the teacher going on aboutthe o-zone or something.
"oh dear God, please let there be a fire drill or hey maybe even an earthquake, anything so that we don't have to sit through any more of this," said Hannah who was sitting next to me.
"You know I think he might be a little busy performing miracles with sick children to give you a chance to get out of class," I said as I drew on my notebook.
"Yeah you're probably right," she replied with a sigh. "Oh I know what will pass the time," she said grabbing hold of my arm. "You could tell me what you were doing with that Frank kid during lunch."
"We were just talking," I replied.
"Aww, look you're blushing! you like him don't you?" she asked turning my face towards hers.
"He's nice," I replied " we have a lot in common."
"You know that's not what I meant," she said crossing her arms across her chest and giving me a stern look which eventually made us both laugh out loud.
"Ladies, would you mind telling the class what's so funny?" asked our teacher who was in serious need of a plucking.
"No, I can't say we do," replied Hannah.
"Any more of your attitude and you'll be in a little place I like to call detention," she said before turning back to the board, "now pay attention."
Hannah and I turned to each other and began pulling faces.
"Did you not hear me?" shouted our teacher looking over at us.

Annie's pov
My second week here and I'm already in detention, geez my mum is going to have a field day when she finds out about this. On the plus side Frank is in here too, sitting a few seats away from me.
Every so oftern he looked over at me and stuck his tongue out. Time seemed to be going slower than it ever had, but those brief moments made it a whole lot better.
After detention ended I began to walk out of the school with Hannah, Frank came up behind us.
"So ladies, what were you in for?" he asked putting his arms around our shoulders.
"Disrupting the clas with our 'attitude'," said Hannah making quotation marks with her fingers.
"Tsk tsk," he replied shaking his head.
"And you?" I asked.
"Oh well it's a long story, you see there I was minding my own business in gym class when this asshole Johnny started being a little bitch to mr, and of course the teacher only seemed to start payng attention when I told him to go fuck himself so..." he said before pausing for a moment, "that's how I came to be in detention with you badasses."
"Haha very funny blah blah blah," said Hannah rolling her eyes before narrowing them. Even though I hadn't known her for long I knew when she was up to something.
"Oh hey you know what, I just remembered that I've gotta go see a guy about um something so I can't walk home with you today." She said.
"Oh really?" I asked. knowing that she was trying to get me and Frank alone.
"Yeah, sorry." she said skipping away. "Bye Annie, bye cute dude," she shouted grinning.

Frank's pov
I knew Annie's friend had left so that we could be alone. 'Geez is it really so obvious that I kinda like her?'
We walked for a while in silence before talking a little about her moving to Jersey and living with her aunt, it turns out that she only lives just a few minutes away from me.
"Hey um, you know I offered to show you areound," I said looking down at my hands.
"Yes," said Annie quietly.
"Well, I have band practice tomorrow but I thought maybe I could do that on wednesday," I continued standing still.
"Oh yeah that would be good," she replied smiling.
I thought I heard her quietly add 'really good' onto the end of that but I couldn't be sure.