First Love

chapter 30

Frank's pov
In the second week of October the record company paid for us to go home to Jersey for a week, I was really excited to be seeing my family, friends, hey! even my dogs.
The morning after we got home I was woken up by someone kissing me on the lips, I opened my eyes to see Kelly laying next to me on the bed.
I expected to feel a sudden urge of passion at the sight of seeing my girlfriend who I'd been apart from for months but I didn't. I felt as if I were just looking at a friend.
"What's wrong?" she asked seeing te expression forming on my face.
"Um, nothing," I said faking a smile.
Not to sound rude or anything but Kelly was the kind of person that turned a blind eye to certain things, even though it was obvious that there was something wrong, she took my word that there wasn't.
I'd never felt so bad in my life, here she was probably really excited to see her boyfriend after months apart and I didn't really care if I saw her or not.
I knew then that even if I wasn't going to tell Annie how I felt I had to at least tell Kelly, she deserved to be with someone that could love her the way that she loved them.
Later on that morning we went for a walk in the park near my house, sitting down on a bench I gestured for her to join me.
"Kelly there's something I need to tell you," I said taking her hand.
"Ok," she said rubbing my hand with her free one.
"Um, I'm really sorry but I don't love you the way that I used to," I said wishing I didn't have to see the look on her face as she took in what I said.
"What, why?" she asked shocked.
I took a deep breath before saying anymore.
"Ok, look. Since we went to LA maybe even before I, I don't know how to say this. I love you kelly, but as a friend not a girlfriend." I said finally.
"Is it because of her?" she asked. I'd told her all about Annie a long time ago and she'd always been a little uncomfortable with me getting back in contact with her.
"Yes," I said looking down. "But nothing's happened between us. Seeing her just made me realise that deep down I never really stopped loving her."
"Does she love you too?" she asked.
"I don't know, I don't think so." I replied.
"Then why break up with me? So you don't love me like you used to, it doesn't matter. I want to be with you," she said before kissing me.
"Kelly," I said pulling away. "It's not fair on you."
"I don't want to be without you," she said tears forming in her eyes.
"I'm sorry kelly," I said watching her as she walked away.

Annie's pov
A few days after Frank went home I was laying on my bed when my cell phone started ringing, after searching my room for it I found it underneath some magazines. The caller ID showed that it was Abbie calling so I answered it, rather than shove it back under the magazines to avoid talking to anyone.
"Hello," I said sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Oh my god! guess what!" she said excitedly.
When will people learn that I hate doing this? I thought to myself.
"Um, you won the lottery?" I replied.
"Ha! I wish," she laughed.
"I don't know, I'm not good at this." I said leaning my head on my free hand.
"Ok I'll give you a clue. You can now have something that you want." She said.
I sat there for a moment trying to work out what she meant but came up with nothing.
"I don't get it," I replied.
"Oh Annie! you're no fun," she said with a sigh.
"I know, I know. I'm sorry," I laughed.
"Ugh! fine I'll just tell you." She paused for dramatic effect. "Frank broke up with Kelly!" The way she said it made me picture her jumping up and down.
"Are you serious?" I asked suprised.
"Yes, isn't that great?" she asked.
"Not for Kelly," I replied.
We talked for a little while longer before she had to go, Mikey and her were going out to dinner with his parents or something.
I lay back down on my bed and began to think, I hadn't expected Frank to break up with Kelly, Abbie told me that it was because he didn't love her anymore but as far as I'd known they were like crazy in love. I'd even thought that maybe she was his one, I mean they had been together for years.
I started to think about my own relationship, I loved Adam but he didn't make me feel the way that Frank had, and pretty much still does. I made up my mind right then and there as to what I was going to do, I just had to wait a few weeks.