First Love

chapter 32

Annie's pov
I stayed there that night in my old room, it felt strange to be back there but good too, I felt safe curled up in my old bed, like nothing could get to me.
The next morning I awoke to pancakes and orange juice, my mums speciality. She tried talking to me about the night before but I didn't really feel like talking about it.
I hung around for a while after eating breakfast, before heading off back home.
Once I got there I went straight to my room and began to pack a bag, I had to get away for a while to clear my head, my friend has a beach house about an hours drive away so I called her up and asked if I could stay there.
"Good old Annie, always running away from everything," I said out loud as I packed.
I stayed there for two weeks, it was nice to just be by myself, it gave me a lot of time to think things through.
The day that I went back home was the day before Frank went back to New Jersey for a month or so.
As soon as I got in I picked up the phone and dialled his number.
"Hello," he said sounding tired or bored, maybe even both.
"Hey," I replied.
"Annie! where have you been?" He asked.
"I just had to run away for a while," I said.
"Is everything ok? I heard about you and Adam," he asked with a hint of concern in his voice.
"Yeah, yeah everything's ok. I'm fine," I replied.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes, I swear. I just needed to be by myself," I said.
"Oh," he replied.
"Look, forget about all that. What are you doing tonight? I don't wanna miss you before you go." I said.
"Well I was planning on doing uh nothing, but if I had to choose between that and spending time with you I know which I'd prefer." He said, I could almost hear his cheesy grin.
"Ok well, I'll meet you over at the ice cream place at like eight ok?" I said.
"Ice cream! it's like November," he said laughing.
"I didn't say we'd get any, just to meet there. I mean it is like in-between us," I said rolling my eyes.
"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" He asked.
"How could you possibly know that?" I asked in reply.
"Oh please, I know everything," he said.
"Yeah right, you probably have cameras all over my apartment." I joked.
"Well duh, how else would I know everything!" He laughed.
"You perve!" I replied.
"Ok so ice cream place, eight o'clock," he checked.
"Yes," I replied.
"Ok then, I can't wait." He said.
"Me neither," I replied before hanging up.

Frank's pov
Looking down at my watch I saw that I was twenty minutes late, damn Mikey for making me help him plan a romantic candle lit dinner for Abbie. Knowing him he'll probably have burnt the building down by the time I get home.
As I approached the ice cream place I saw Annie standing outside looking so beautiful, it was a little windy and her hair was blowing about like in the commercials.
She turned and saw me as I walked towards her, her expression changing from calm to happy.
"Frank," she said walking towards me. "I should me mad at you for being this late you know," she said tapping her watch.
"I'm sorry, it was all for a good cause," I said smiling before pulling her into a hug.
"If you say so," she replied all muffled because her face was buried in my neck. It took all my strength to end that hug.
"I missed you," I said looking into her eyes.
"I bet you're just saying that! you probably didn't even notice I was gone," she said laying her hand on my stomach and pushing me back slightly.
"How could you suggest such a thing?" I asked dramatically.
She smiled before taking hold of my hand.
"Forget that," she said. "What are we going to do?" She asked.
I rubbed my chin as if I were in deep thought.
"Hmm well, ooh there's a movie I wanna go see," I said turning towards her.
"Ok," she said in reply as we began to walk towards the movie theatre. Once we got inside we bought some popcorn and the biggest soda they had.
"One straw, eww boy germs!" She joked as we walked away from the counter.
"How dare you! my germs happen to be very nice," I replied laughing.
"Haha really, do they have names?" She asked.
"Well you see I started to name them, but there were just too many." I replied.
"I rest my case." She said laughing.
We walked into the screen that was showing our movie and walked up to the back row, as we sat down in the corner I instictively put my arm around Annie's shoulder, she just smiled and moved closer to me.
We spent most of the duration of the movie talking about how rubbish it was and throwing pieces of popcorn around, after a while one of the stewards came up to us.
"Excuse me, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. We've had complaints about you disrupting the movie." He said.
"Fine by me," Said Annie standing up.
I stood up too and began to walk down the steps to the exit, as we got near the bottom Annie stopped.
"Oh by the way, he get's his memory back and marries her at the end!" She shouted before grabbing my hand and running out.
Once we got outside we collapsed in a fit of giggles.
"I doubt they'll let us back in there...Ever," I said as we began to walk.
"Yeah, they'll probably put our pictures up. We'll be like the movie theatre Bonnie and Clyde." She said.
"If you say so Clyde," I said looking around.
"Clyde! I'm not Clyde, I'm a girl." She shouted poking me.
"Care to prove that?" I asked winking.
"You wish," she said sticking out her tongue.
"Ok, so what are we going to do now, it's only like half past ten." I asked.
"Let's go to the arcade!" She said jumping up and down.
"Ok," I said as she ran in the direction of it.
I ran after her, finally catching up and grabbing her around the waist.
"Frankie let me go! I wanna beat your ass on the dance machine." She said struggling to release herself from my arms.
"Oh baby," I said letting go of her. "As my man MC Hammer said, you can't touch this."
"Of course not," she said sarcastically before going over to the machine and putting the money in.
"Sure you wanna show yourself up like this?" I asked.
"I think I can handle it," she replied pressing the button to start.
"You know, I uh I hurt my leg the other day," I said after we'd finished.
"Oh how convenient," she said nodding her head.
"It's true, look!" I said walking with a limp.
"You know it's funny how that only started after you got your ass beaten," she said laughing.
"No, no it was always there, you just didn't notice it." I said grinning.
We played some more games for a while before getting hungry, as we walked out of the arcade Annie wrapped her arms around her body, it was getting quite chilly and she only had a light jacket on.
"Here," I said taking off my coat and handing it to her.
"I'm ok," she said.
"No you're not, take it!" I said shoving it in her hand.
"Fine," she said putting it on.
"Good," I said watching her.
"Thankyou," she said holding my hand as we walked towards a diner.
We sat down at a table and ordered some food, while we were waiting we talked about some random things and played thumb wars which by the way I won.
Finally our food came and we started to eat, picking up one of my fries I pretended it was a very tiny person.
"Mwuahahaha! I shall bite off your head," I said looking at it.
"Oh no, no please don't!" Said Annie joining in.
"I'm sorry but I must," I said before biting the top off and dipping the rest in ketchup.
"Ahh ahh! I have no head!" Said Annie as I moved the bloddie remains across my plate.
A bunch of people sitting at a table close to us looked over as if we were crazy, we just ignored them and carried on.

Annie's pov
After a while Frank felt the effects of the ginormous soda we'd drank earlier kicking in and excused himself to go to the bathroom.
I sat there for a moment just thinking, all night I kept trying to say those words, those three simple words that I'd said so easily many times before but they just wouldn't come out.
As the waitress walked by I stopped her.
"Can I borrow your pen please?" I asked her.
"Sure you can," she said with a smile.
I took the pen from her and grabbed a napkin from the holder, quickly I wrote down what I wanted to say and handed the pen back to her.
As I saw the door to the bathrooms open I quickly folded the napkin and slipped it into one of the pockets of Frank's coat.
"Miss me?" he asked as he sat down.
"Of course, I mean you were gone for ages. What were you doing in there?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"Wouldn't you like to know," he said winking.
We sat and talked for a little while more before leaving. Frank walked me home, holding my hand the entire time and I felt as if I were on cloud nine hundred and ninety-nine.
When we finally arrived at my door we stood for a moment just looking at each other.
"I wish you didn't have to go away for so long," I said fiddling with my keys.
"Oh please, you'll hardly notice that I'm gone," he said smiling before pulling me into a big hug.
"Do you wanna come in for a while?" I asked pointing towards the door.
"I'd love to but I've got an early morning," he said kissing me on the cheek. "Bye Annie."
"No goodbyes. See you soon," I smiled.
"Oh yes, I'm sorry. See you soon." He said walking away.