First Love

chapter 35

Annie's pov
It was just coming up to eight and I was standing in front of my mirror making sure that I looked ok, just as I had on our first date. I had a short black dress on, with black tights and boots.
"Not too bad Miss Valentine," I said to my reflection.
I picked my bag up off of my bed and walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch I waited for Frank to arrive.
After about twenty minutes the doorbell rang, late but I didn't really mind, I wanted to take my time answering it, you know keep him waiting but I ended up jumping up and running to the door.
"Hey," he said smiling and holding out a bunch of flowers in his hand.
"Hey," I said taking them from him and walking towards the kitchen to put them in water. He looked gorgeous, in jeans, a black t-shirt and blazer.
I quickly found a vase, filled it up with water and placed the flowers inside, as I turned to face Frank he came right up to me and placed a soft kiss upon my lips.
"Are you ready?" he asked pulling away.
"Yes," I replied walking back into the living room, putting on my coat and picking up my bag.
He took hold of my hand and led me out to Gerard's car which he'd borrowed, he opened the door for me and I sat down watching him as he walked around to the drivers side.
"So where are we going?" I asked as he turned the engine on.
"Can't you just wait and see?" He asked grinning.
"I suppose so," I replied.
After a while we pulled up outside a small italian restaurant.
"Wait there," he said getting out of the car and walking around to open the door for me.
"I'm quite capable of doing that myself," I said smiling.
"Yes well, chivalry isn't completely dead." He said kissing me on the cheek and leading me towards the door.
"Table for two under Iero," he said to the lady by the till.
"Follow me," she said with a smile, before leading us to a small table by one of the windows, where we could see the ocean.
"Here are your menu's, a waitress will be along soon to take your order. Can I get you a drink while you wait?" She said quickly.
We ordered our drink and sat looking at the menu's, every so often I'd look up to see Frank watching me, whenever I did so he'd flash me his cute smile before looking back down.

Frank's pov
We ordered our food and talked as we waited for it to come, it seemed to take forever but I didn't mind.
After we finished eating we watched the restaurant's band play for a while, a few older couples were in front of them dancing.
"Would you like to?" I asked Annie as I held out my hand and gestured towards the people that were dancing.
"Um sure," she replied hesitating slightly.
"You scared I'll show you up?" I asked smiling.
"I'm scared you'll trip me up," she replied laughing.
I put my hand to my chest in mock suprise before leading her to the 'dancefloor'.
It felt so good, to be able to put my arms on her and not feel awkward or guilty.
"You know you look beautiful tonight," I said as we moved to the music.
"So do you, or is that not manly enough?" She said smiling.
"Haha, is anything about me manly?" I asked.
"Well there's one part that definately is," she winked.
"First date and your mind's already in the gutter, tsk tsk." I said before kissing her on the forehead.
"Mmm," she said closing her eyes.
We danced for two songs before sitting back down, a few of the older customers looked towards us and smiled which was both kinda creepy and nice in a way.
"Do you want anything else?" I asked.
"No, I'm full." She replied smiling.
I asked the waiter for the bill, payed and then helped Annie put on her coat.
"Thankyou very much," she said kissing me softly as we stood outside.
"My pleasure," I replied kissing her harder.
"So what's now?" she asked brushing my hair away from my face.
"What do you want to do?" I asked in reply.
"I don't know, go for a walk maybe," she said taking hold of my hand.
We walked for a few minutes before sitting down on a bench facing the ocean, I put my arm around her shoulder and she nuzzled in to my neck.
"Isn't it beautiful?" she asked, I could almost hear the smile in her voice.
"Yeah it is," I replied looking at her.
"The ocean," she said turning my head away from her.
"I don't wanna look at the ocean," I protested moving her hand away.
She looked up at me and smiled, her lips looked amazing, I leant down and kissed her frantically, I'd waited a long time to do this and I couldn't wait any longer, small kisses weren't enough anymore. I licked her buttom lip and pushed my tongue gently into her mouth causing a little moan to escape from her.
We sat there for who knows how long, cuddling and making out before slowly walking back to the car.
The drive to her apartment didn't take long, I walked her up to the door and pulled her into my arms.
"I can't believe this is actually happening," I said softly.
"Me neither," she whispered as if saying it out loud would make it less real.
We stood in each others arms for a moment before I pulled away.
"Annie," I said looking into her beautiful green eyes.
"Yes Frank?" She said biting her lip.
"I don't wanna let you go, I mean I don't want to not be with you again," I said.
"I don't want that too," she said shyly.
"Ok so, this is going to sound really dumb but uh. Do you wanna like you know, be my girlfriend," I said blushing. (Ok my memory sucks, did I write that the first time around? haha)
"Of course!" she said throwing her arms around me.
I stayed for a while and we talked about the past and how stupid we were for not telling each other how we felt sooner, we also decided that we were going to take things slowly which is why I ended up going back to my own apartment once it got late.