First Love

chapter 41

Frank's pov
The next morning when I woke up I resisted the temptation of turning over and going back to sleep, sitting up I looked over at the clock on my bedside table squinting a little I saw that it was 9.30am.
"Oh shit!" I thought out loud.
Standing up I ran to the bathroom, had a quick shower and then came back into my room to find something to wear. There was something that I had to do before going to see Annie, once I was dressed I ran downstairs and found my mum in the kitchen.
"Morning sweetheart, would you like some breakfast?" She asked.
"Um no thankyou," I replied.
"Off to see Annie?"
"Yeah, well there's something that I need to do first. Are you busy?" I asked.
"No I'm not busy," she replied.
"Ok great, well we have to go like now." I said grabbing an apple off the counter.
"Like this very minute?" She asked.
"Yep," I replied walking towards the door.
After my mum quickly got her jacket and bag we got into the car and drove into town, 20 minutes later we'd parked and walking along a line of stores.
In-between a bakery and a clothes store was the one I needed to go inside.
"Do you know what you're looking for?" Asked my mum as we walked in.
"No, that's why you're here." I replied with a grin.
"Ahh boys!" She sighed as she walked over to one of the counters.
"Good morning, may I help you?" Asked one of the shop assistants as we started to browse.
"Oh um, no thankyou." I replied as I looked around.
"How about this?" Asked my mum.
"No, no I don't think so." I sighed.
Finally after a while I found what I was looking for.
"This, mum come look. This is it," I said jumping up and down excitedly.
After I'd paid we made our way back to the car, looking at the dashboard clock I saw that the time was now 10.50.
"I guess we were in there longer than I though," I said as I fastened my seatbelt.
"You'll still have a little time with her by the time we get to Hannah's house." Said my mum as she started the car.
"Yeah," I replied looking down at the bag in my hands.
However we soon realised that that may not be the case, while we'd been shopping there had been an accident and most of the roads out of town were blocked.
"What are we going to do?" I asked feeling worried.
"I'll try and find a shortcut, don't worry." Replied my mum frowning.

Annie's pov
I sat on the couch nervously shaking my leg, looking down at my watch I saw the time was 11.23am.
"There's been an accident in town so traffic's slow, you should really leave." Said Hannah's mum walking over to me.
"I know, it's just he said he'd be here." I said feeling both sad and angry, I know he's not the most punctual but he said that he would be here before I left. And if he think's I'll forgive him if he arrives in the seven minutes until I leave, ugh I don't even want to pollute my mind by thinking of what I'll do to him.
"Hey Annie, I'm just going to put your bags in the car," said Hannah as she walked towards the door.
"Oh ok, thanks." I said looking up.
A minute later she came back in, I looked down again at my watch, 11.26.
"I didn't see him coming," she said seeing my expression.
I honestly felt like crying at that moment, after everything that had happened these past few days I just wanted to see frank before I left.
"Maybe you could quickly drive over to his house before going to the airport, you know boys they tend to sleep in late." Said her mum laying a hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah, yeah do you mind?" I asked Hannah.
"No, but if he starts being mean to me again I may have to hurt him." She joked, I think.
"Haha ok then, thankyou." I said before standing up and hugging her and walking towards the door. "Thankyou so much for letting me stay," I said kissing Hannah's mum on the cheek.
"Oh that's ok, you're always welcome here." She smiled.
I smiled in return before opening the door and walking out to the car, before getting in i had a look around for Frank, not seeing him I got in and waited for Hannah.
A few minutes later we'd parked outside Frank's house and I was walking up to the front door, as I got there I rang the doorbell. After waiting a minute or two and getting no reply I began knocking thinking that maybe the doorbell was broke or something but still no reply. I walked along to the front window and peered inside, I saw one of the dogs playing with a chew toy in the living room but that was the only sign of life.
"Annie, we really should go." Said Hannah who'd stepped out of the car.
Looking down at my watch I saw that it was 11.42, reluctantly I walked back to the car and got in.
Hannah tried to lighten the mood as we drove to the airport but the tears came anyways.
"He promised me that he would come," I said as the airport came in sight.
"I know he did, but I'm sure there's a good reason why he hasn't." She said.
"Yeah, I guess so." I replied.

After arrving at the airport we parked the car, got my bags out and walked towards the entrance. After a few minutes we found the right check-in desk, they did all the usual stuff before handing me my boarding pass and directing me to the security check.
Hannah took a hold of my hand and walked over to security with me.
"I'm so sorry our reunion wasn't very fun," I said attempting a laugh.
"This wasn't fun for you? Are you serious?" She asked sarcastically.
"Let's just say I can think of better things to do," I replied.
"You're probably right." She said hugging me.
"It was really nice seeing you again though," I said squeezing her.
"Yeah it really was," she gasped.
Just as we pulled away from each other I heard shouting, turning around to see what was going on I could make out a figure running towards us.
"Frank!" I shouted in suprise.