First Love

chapter 7

Annie's pov
I hadn't been to see Frank for a few days, we'd talked on the phone but things were still a little strange. I wasn't exactly sure where I stood with him, are we something or not? was there something going on between him and Crystal still.
After school on wednesday I decided to go over to see him, walking towards his house I saw him sitting on the porch steps playing with one of his dogs.
"I don't know what's cuter, the dog or the goofy smile on your face," I said laughing.
"Annie, you're here!" he said standing up and hugging me.
"Yeah, I'm here," I said pulling away.
"Do we have to have some kind of a talk?" he asked seeing the expression on my face.
"Yeah, I think so." I said nodding.
Frank sat back down on the steps and I joined him.
"Ok then," he said taking hold of my hand.
We both sat there waiting for the other to begin talking, not liking the silence I took a deep breath before beginning to speak.
"Frank, I really like you." I said looking down at his hand. "But I don't know where I stand, I mean do you want something to happen between us or is there still something going on with Crystal, I mean she did come over to see how you were and all." I continued.
"Me and Crystal? fuck no. that's over, way over. I wouldn't have anything more to do with her even if you paid me, she just doesn't seem to get the point." He said before turning my head towards his. "And as for us, I really really like you and I would love for something to happen between us," He said moving some of my hair away from my face.
"Really?" I asked, just so that I could hear him say it again.
"Yes really," he replied. "In-fact on Sunday after we kissed and all I was going to ask you on a date sometime when it doesn't hurt me to like move, but then well you know."
I began to feel a smile creep accross my face, ok a grin.
"Well are you going to like ask me now," I asked shyly.
"Oh of course," He replied. "Annie, would you like to go out on a date with me this weekend?"
"Hmm, I'll have to check my diary but I'm pretty sure that I can..." My reply was cut off by Frank leaning in and kissing me.
'Oh my goodness, his lips are so damn soft!'

Frank's pov
Saturday...
I couldn't believe how nervous I was, it's not like we haven't kissed or anything.
I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom making sure I looked ok, I had on a black t-shirt, shirt and jeans.
"Hmm, well this is the best you're going to get," I said to my reflection before going downstaris, stealing a flower from one of my mum's vases and heading out to pick up Annie. My mum had offered to lend me her car but right now I wanted to avoid being in them unless absoloutely needed.

Annie's pov
Looking in the mirror I turned to make sure everything looked ok. My hair was down, my aunt had attempted to curl it for me but it hadn't taken so now it was just slightly wavy and I'd decided to use my contacts for a change.
I still wasn't too sure about my outfit, a dark blue vintage style dress, unfortunately before I had the chance to try anything else the doorbell rang.

Frank's pov
Annie's aunt let me in, as I stood waiting for her to come downstairs I looked around the living room. On one of the walls were a bunch of pictures, I began to walk closer to look at one that looked like Annie but younger.
"One step further and your arm and ribs wont be the only things causing you pain!" I turned to see Annie standing by the stairs.
"Wow," I thought out loud while looking at her, "You look so beautiful." I said blushing, this caused her to blush a little too.
"Thankyou," she replied walking towards me.
It was then that I remembered the flower, I pulled it out from behind my back but must have caught it on something as I did so, because as I held it out the head fell off.

Annie's pov
I realised that probably wasn't how he'd planned that to go but rather than feel sorry and tell him it was ok, I burst out laughing.
"Oh my god. haha. that's one of the funniest things." I managed to say while pointing at the stalk he was still holding in his hand.
"I guess so," he replied joining in with my laughter.
"You kids are retarded," said my aunt walking in. "Now clear that up and get out of my house," she said before turning on the tv and laying down on the couch.

Frank's pov
I took Annie to this little diner where as far as I know they serve the bet veggie burger in New Jersey, and then to go see a movie. Being the gentleman that I am I let her choose the movie, so I spent the next two hours of my life watching some ballerina chick falling in love with some guy from the ghetto. The only good thing about it was the sad parts, which let me 'comfort' Annie.

Annie's pov
"So what did you think of the movie?" I asked Frank as he walked me home.
"Erm yeah, it was good." he replied.
"Oh Frank, I'm sure you're good at many things but one of them is not lying." I said poking him in the arm.
"Yeah! so what do you think I am good at?" he asked raising an eyebrow.
"Well, I have noticed that you're not too bad doing that thing with your lips," I said playing with my hair.
"The thing with my lips, you mean this?" he asked kissing me briefly.
"Yeah that's the one," I replied before kissing him back.
Slowly he moved his good arm around my waist before slipping his tongue into my mouth.
You know those kisses in the movies where the music starts playing and fireworks go off in the background? this was one of those.