First Love

chapter 8

Frank's pov
I woke up with a smile on my face, a first for a monday morning, especially one where I had to go back to school. I didn't mind though, at least I'd get to see Annie.
The doorbell rang just as I finished getting dressed, I made my way downstairs grabbing my bag as I went and opened the door to Mikey.
"Hey man," he said giving me a man hug. "This was on your doormat." He said holding out an envelope in his hand.
I stared at the envelope, the handwriting didn't seem familiar.
"You know it's easier to read if you open it, " laughed Mikey. "You never know, you might have another amirer!"
"Yeah, I highly doubt it." I replied turning it over and opening it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, so I read it over a few times to let it register.

I wrote your name across my heart
but then you ripped it out
I'll show you how it feels to hurt
to scream to shout
the blood will flow out from your veins
as red as her hair
and all you'll be forever more
is a memory in the air

"What the fuck?" I said before handing it to Mikey.

Frank's pov
School went ok, it was nice to see my friends and newly gained girlfriend. Also I guess maybe the jocks do have a slight amount of compassion because they left me alone all day.
I didn't tell Annie about the letter I'd recieved, on the way to school me and Mikey talked about it and came up with a pretty good idea as to who the writer was.
After school I walked Annie home, she kept asking me if everything was ok, saying that it seemed like a little part of me was somewhere else.
"I'm fine really," I lied.
Can you believe it, I'm already lying to her.
"If you say so," she said standing in front of her door. "Do you want to come in?" She asked with a smile on her face.
"Yes," I replied. "But I can't, there's something that I need to go and do."
"Oh," she said looking dissapointed. "Ok, well I'll see you tomorrow." She said before kissing me on the cheek and going inside.

Frank's pov
I stood outside Crystal's house, I really didn't want to see her but I had to know if it was her who sent the letter. I didn't move for like five minutes and as I started to the door opened.
"I knew the orphan girl wouldn't last long and you'd come back to me," said Crystal leaning against the door.
"Oh please, don't flatter yourself." I replied moving slightly as she walked up to me.
"That's real nice," she said sarcastically.
I hated how she always seemed to hide behind her sarcasm.
"Look Crystal, however stimulating this conversation is it's not why I came here." I said looking right at her.
"Stimulating huh? is that all you want me for Frank?" she said with a mischevious smile.
"Crystal! can't you just be serious for once," I shouted.
"Fine. what do you want?" she replied looking hurt.
"The letter wasn't funny Crystal, can't you just let me move on?"
"Letter, what letter?" She asked.
"The letter you left at my house this morning." I replied.
"Frank. In all the time we were together did I ever write you a letter?" She asked raising her eyebrows.
"Um, no." I replied.
"Well then what makes you think I would send you one now?"
I didn't know what to say, she had a point, even if it sounded like her, writing threatening letters wasn't exactly her style.
"I don't know." I replied, "But if it wasn't you then who could it have been?" I asked.
"Well last I checked I wasn't psychic so I have no idea," replied Crystal walking towards the door. "Now if that really is all you came here for then maybe you should go, you're making the lawn look untidy," she continued as she closed the door.
Crystal was a lot of things, but not a liar.

When I got home I went online, Mikey wasn't really a talking on the phone person.
(I'm not going to attempt to think up s/n's for them because they'd probably sound ridiculous. lol)
Mikey Did you go see her?
Frank Yeah I did.
Mikey How did it go?
Frank Bad I guess.
Mikey So it was her.
Frank No.
Mikey Are you serious?
Frank Yeah I'm serious.
Mikey Are you sure?
Frank Yeah I'm sure...
Mikey Then who was it?
Frank If I knew who it was I'd be giving them a fucking piece of my mind right now & not talking to you.
Mikey hmm...
Mikey Well I do believe I did suggest you could have another admirer.
Frank WTF? Mikey I'm a social outcast, I somehow doubt that.
Mikey Well Annie likes you & she's pretty damn cute, I mean I can still hardly believe that...
Frank Shut the fuck up Mikey!!!
Mikey Haha, look it was probably someone messing around, maybe one of the jocks figured out that seeing as you're already hurt and all it would be morally wrong to inflict physical pain on you so they're going for the whole make you paranoid thing...
Frank Yeah, whatever...I'll see you tomorrow.
Mikey Ok then...bye!