First Love

chapter 9

Next day
Annie's pov
"Good morning!" said my aunt in a disgustingly happy voice, how can she be like this so early in the morning?
"Morning," I replied with a mouth full of toast.
"Manners wouldn't kill you," She said tapping me on the arm.
"Well it would have been ruder for me to not reply," I replied with a grin.
"Don't try to be a smart ass," Said my aunt pouring herself a cup of coffee.
"I'm terribly sorry," I replied
"Well if that were a sincere apology than I'd forgive you, but as it wasn't get you're ass out of here to school." She said sticking her tongue out at me. Sometimes I wondered which of us was the more mature one.
As I walked outside the door I saw an envelope sitting on the door mat.
"What is this?" I said aloud picking it up. It said Annie on the envelope so I opened it hoping it may be from Frank.

Ask your boyfriend where he was after he left you yesterday.
It's crystal clear what's going on.

"Huh?" I didn't know what to think, was the Crystal thing a clue? had he been with her? if so why? he said that he hates her...
As I arrived at school I saw Frank sitting on the front steps, when he saw me he walked over and gave me a hug.
"Good morning," He said kissing me briefly.
"Yeah...morning." I replied pulling away.
"Ok, what's wrong?" He asked.

Annie's pov
We walked over to a quiet spot and sat down on the ground.
"Annie, what's wrong?" Asked Frank with a concerned look upon his face.
"Why did you have to go yesterday?" I asked playing with the grass.
"I had to see someone," he replied.
"Who?" I asked continuing to look at the ground and not him.
"Why?" he asked moving my head so I was looking at him.
"I just wanna know." I replied quietly.
Frank let out a sigh and shifted uncomfortably where he was sitting.
"I went to see Crystal," he said taking his turn to look down at the ground.
"Crystal! why did you go see her?" I asked, this is what I'd feared.
"It's not what you may think, you see. uh! it's going to sound so stupid." he said shaking his head. "Ok yesterday I got this letter, and well it said something that sounded a lot like something Crystal would say. So I went to see her to ask about it," He replied taking hold of my hand.
"A letter! what did it say?" I asked suprised.
"I don't wanna say, it was pretty creepy." He replied.
"I got one too," I replied.
"What! what did it say?" he asked with a shocked look on his face.
"To ask you where you were yesterday,"I said. "Why would she send me a letter saying that when she was the one that was with you?" I asked.
"She had no idea what I was talking about, it wasn't her who sent them." Frank replied.
"Well then if she didn't send them, who did?" I asked holding his hand a little tighter.
"I don't know," he replied looking worried.