Sequel: Vernacular

Lead and Gold

In the far off land of Arcania, a mass panic has overtaken the countryside. Masses of men and women flock to their town leaders, ranting and raving of an unholy entity stalking their homeland. In the small town of Renil, Godricke Sylvas, the town leader, is confronted with the same plea. Somewhat reluctantly, he undertakes what is rightfully his duty. However, his duties turn into more than just a simple hunt. By the end of his search, Godricke will be forced to reconsider his outlook on the contrast between Human and Monster, and decide which side he truly serves.
  1. Materia Prima
    Step 1: Solutio or liquefactio, the "dissolution" or "liquidation" of the materia prima
  2. Nigredo
    Step 2:Putrefactio, also nigredo, a "blackening" or a descent into the nether sphere in which the materia becomes black or putrid. This stage is symbolized by the raven and by the burial of a dead body in the earth.
  3. Albedo
    Step 3:. Albedo or "lightening", the putrid or blackened substance is made white or pure once again, symbolized by the transition of the raven into a white dove.
  4. Citrinitatio
    Step 4:Citrinitatio or "yellowing". The materia must be re-enriched by "philosophical milk" or lacta philosophica, the completion of which is indicated by the assumption of a yellow colour, symbolized as cauda pavonis or peacock's tail.
  5. Rubedo
    Step 5:Destillatio, also, rubedo or "reddening", symbolized by a red dragon
  6. Coagulatio
    Step 6: Coagulatio or fixatio, a coagulation or solidification of the materia
  7. Tinctura
    Step 7 :Tinctura, the completion of the Stone.