Telling You What You Want To Hear

Chapter Nine

Jakel’s P.O.V.

I kept my eyes looking out the window, away from the boy in the driver’s seat next to me. What was I supposed to think about this man that suddenly walked into my life and turned things around? Sin surely was a bad person, but then why did he help me, offer me a ride home, not make fun of me for crying?

I just didn’t understand, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to. I stole a glance at the man driving. He looked fine to me, just another person, albeit a good looking one, but he was just there, he didn’t seem fazed at all by what had happened. I saw him glancing at me, and I quickly looked away, out the window again.

“Why are you avoiding me?” He asked, and I sighed, looking back at him.

“I’m not avoiding you.” I whisper, turning my attention back to the things out the window. Please don’t say anything more, I’m not in the mood for this, I just want to go home and sleep and-

“You’re staring at me, but when I look at you, you look away so quickly, like it’s nothing.” He said softly, and I noticed that he had been keeping his voice calm and controlled, trying not to scare me.

“I’m not staring at you.” I mumbled hoping he would just drop the subject.

“Come on doll, you know you want this.” He said, laughing a little, and I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. “Aww, little Jakel…what happened to the bubbly little boy I me this morning?” He asked, and I looked back out the window, ignoring the question.

The next time he spoke, his words were softer, “It’s ok to be afraid.” He said, and I turned towards him angrily.

“I’m not afraid, and I don’t want you saying I am.” I growled, and he looked at me with a strange look.

“Whatever you say.” He said, and focused on driving as yet again I looked back out the window.

I ran my hand along the side of the car, it was really nice, and smelled new. I drew my eyes down to the fabric, looking at the intricateness of it, tracing the small delicate patterns of it.

My other hand had been resting on the arm rest on the opposite side that I was on, and I felt something on it, and I gasped, trying to pull away, but Sin held my hand tightly, not so that it hurt though.

“L-let go.” I said, looking him in the eyes. We were stopped at a red light.

“Why? I just want to hold your hand…” He said softly, and his thumb stroked the back of my hand soothingly.

“Just don’t.” I said, trying to pull away again, but he wouldn’t let me.

I sighed in frustration, looking at my right hand, at the design there. A minute ago, it had been so unique, entrancing to trace, and now when I looked at it, I just wanted to tear it off it annoyed me, simply because it was his.

“May I get out now.” I asked, and he laughed.

“No, dear, why would I let you out? That’s the point of giving you a ride home.” He said, laughing, and I glared at him.

“You don’t know where I live.” I told him, and the boy smiled.

“True that, so I’ve just been driving around until you realize that.” He said, smiling, and I glared at that look.

Why, I just wanted to slap that stupid smirk off hisbeautiful ugly face.

I looked around, trying to get my bearings, and my eyes widened, “You dunce, we’re already over halfway to the next city!” I exclaimed, looking at him in shock.

“I didn’t know where you lived; I thought maybe it was over here.” He said, looking like he honestly thought that.

I was going to hit him, when I realized that he was still holding my hand. I blushed and before he could hole me tight, I yanked my hand away, clutching it to my chest.

Then I hit him.

“Ow, what the hell, you’re getting rid of my brain cells.” He growled, and I smirked.

“it’s not like you have all that many anyway, when you have that little, a few less won’t matter.” I said offhandedly, looking out the window, seeing him pulling into a coffee shop.

He pulls into a parking spot, and I give him a look, “What are you doing?” I asked, and he shrugged, getting out of the car.

“I’m kinda hungry, and this place has this amazing mac and cheese.” He said, and went to shut the door. “You’re welcome to come in.” He added, and closed the door, walking in the shop.

I sat in the car for a moment before seeing a creepy man sitting in an old tattered truck, just staring at me. I shivered slightly in my coat and looked around, seeing no one else in the lot.

Trusting the demon I know, I climbed out of the car, locking it, and hurrying inside to where Sin surely was.

I took a deep breath as I opened the door. I put on a smiley face and walked in. I would not show what I was feeling. My brother always told me that I was too easy to read. I’m hoping that today, that would change.

As soon as I walked in, I noticed two things, one, that Sin was ordering, and two that there was a hot boy studying at the table in the corner.

He’s seen me cry, he’s seen me at my weak point, now lets show him what you can do, Jakel. I told myself, and pranced up to him, skipping a few people in line.

“I’d like mac and cheese please.” I said, smiling, I wrapped my arm around Sin’s, and he looked at me strangely in an are-you-bipolar-or-something sort of way. I smiled up at him, and kissed his cheek, and he wore a small smile, but it was obvious on his face that he was still confused as hell.

Sin paid for both of our mac and cheeses, and we stood to the side, waiting. Should I or shouldn’t I? I wondered, as he began speaking.

“What happened to you?” he asked, and I shrugged, still smiling.

“I decided not to get down about anything.” I said, thinking deeply. I mean, he did buy me mac and cheese. I reasoned with myself. “I’ll just see how good the mac is.” I said, not realizing it was out loud until Sin chuckled at me.

“Do I want to know.” He asked, with an eyebrow raised.

I giggled, “No, you probably wouldn’t want to know,” I said, taking my mac and cheese as the lady handed it to me.

“Thanks.” I said to the lady, then turned and went to sit by the corner, just because it was too bright outside.

Sin followed me, and sat down across from me. My eyes widened, and I pulled out my phone. “Oopsie, I have to text my brother, and tell him I’m fine. You did kinda kidnap me.” I told him, and he shrugged.

“You won’t see me apologizing.” He said, and smirked at me.

I sent Kota a quick text, and then put my phone away; I looked down at the mac and cheese, and it looked really good. I picked up the flatish spoon and tried a bit, and let me tell you, it was amazing. I love macaroni and cheese, but this? It was so good.

“Holy shit! This stuff is so orgasmic!” I screamed, and everyone in the shop gave me a strange look, including hot boy, only two tables over, but he was out of my mind now. Sin was way hotter and besides, he bought me this amazing shit.

I heard a strangled choking sound, and when I looked up, I saw that Sin was laughing so hard he was choking on the noodles he just ate.

My eyes widened. “Please tell me I did not just say that out loud.” I said, almost afraid, and the still-laughing boy nodded.

My face flushed, and He started talking, “It’s ok, because I think you’re hot stuff too.” He whispered conspiratorially, and now it was my turn to choke, though I was only choking on my own spit.

My phone went off, and still trying to get a deep breath, I pulled it out, as Sin ate his macaroni and cheese and watched.

The text was from Kota, and he said be home by 7. Yeah it was probably a good thing I didn’t tell him I was here with Sin, but Sin seemed different earlier than he did now.

“Sin,” I said softly, and he looked up at me. I was glancing at the table, “Why…Why did you do that earlier? It doesn’t seem like something the you I’m with now, would do…” I said softly, and looked up at him to see that he was looking out the window.

I sat quietly and waited for an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so this was uber long, like 1,500 words, and I normally write like 400 per chapter for this story. So….i want some comment love please!!!

Thanks to my lovely commenters:
Danny Worsnop –how’s this one for length:D
And
wo0two0t789 - i know you commented forever ago, but i'm glad you like it

so...

Comments&Subscribe