Wretched

1/1

"WRETCHED!"

Brian Haner Jr. was less than pleased. When he was less than pleased, he was Synyster Gates. And when he was Synyster Gates, everybody suffered.

Men and women alike scattered to the hills as the roaring voice tumbled down the dimly lit hallway, ending all the bustling conversation that had been taking place. Within seconds, all the hallways were empty with nothing but the soft, dull flickers of candlelight to accompany them. Loud, thunderous foosteps echoed for miles as Brian, now Synyster Gates, stormed towards the throne room where the rest of his friends awaited him. He was livid, that much was certain by the grim frown on his face, and the way his chocolate brown eyes flashed with foreboding.

Synyster burst into the room at a high rate of speed, casting glares at his fellow males as he approached the thrones. The only one who bothered to look at him was Shadows, whose visage was completely calm and devoid of emotion. Synyster had a feeling that said mask was worn just especially for him, seeing how Shadows had no reason to be angry. On his lap sat his pride and joy and also his wife, Bree. She too looked utterly repulsed at Brian, for a grimace was on her face, and she turned away when he approached his seat.

"Fuck you all," he muttered foully under his breath as he took his position on the first throne to the right of Shadows.

"You're late," Shadows said dryly.

It was obvious to both Synyster and those who still had the courage to remain in the room that Shadows had noted the mood he was in today, and had chosen to piss him off even more.

"She's not here," Bree murmured, her eyes trained on her husband. "She's resting."

"What the fuck for?" he snapped back, not even bothering to look at her.

"Watch your tone, Gates. this is the daughter of Hades that you're bashing," Shadows reminded him, a hint of an edge in his voice.

If there was one thing that separated Shadows and Synyster, it was the fact that Shadows was committed. If someone so much as raised their voice while speaking to Bree, he would have a bitch fit. Not only would the person who offended him have to suffer, but everyone would feel the extent of his anger for days. Brian, on the other hand, was just pissed off all the time. He was moody and often tyrannical at points, nothing and everything getting on his nerves. And never, ever did he stick up for the girl that was supposed to be his.

"I don't know, Gates," Bree snapped, her feisty side appearing as she glared at him. "It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that she's pregnant, would it?"

"Now now, children. Fighting on account of me is not tolerable."

All eyes immediately went to the entrance to the throne room, where a woman was standing. She was wearing a black, sleeveless dress with gold embroidery, and Brian's beanie on her head. Her hands, which were tiny and dainty, were folded over her 5 months pregnant stomach, a clever smile tugging at her lips. Despite the heels she was wearing, she glided into the room like it was nothing out of the ordinary, and bowed to Shadows. Synyster's jaw clenched in agitation as he noticed that she was purposely avoiding looking in his direction.

Although Wretched was the daughter of the great, evil, and pious Hades, ruler of the Underworld, she was completely and one hundred percent different. Her father was harsh and cruel, not a hint of kindness in his body. Wretched, however, was sweet and careful, and at times very timid. She did have a sense of crude humour which had developed deeper lately, but the rumor was that it was the effect her pregnancy had on her. That was what happened when normal women had children with demon lords.

"Wretched, you should be resting." Bree's voice brought Synyster out of his thoughts as she leaped up from Matt's lap and skirted towards her friend.

Wretched smiled softly, her dark brown almost black eyes filled with emotion as she embraced Bree. Brian snorted as they hugged each other tightly, Bree murmuring words of encouragement to the only friend she had here.

"Relax, Syn. She's pregnant." From his right came the voice of Zacky Vengeance, the self-righteousness in it only pissing him off more.

He grit his teeth as his head swiveled towards the emerald eyed man, words of fury scathing hot on his tongue.

"Yeah Haner. At least give me some slack considering I'm carrying your child," Wretched spoke up, a smirk on her face as she looked at Bree.

The fact that hardly contact at all existed between the woman he had come to acknowledge as his as well as the mother of his soon to be child and himself struck a chord deep within him. He swallowed hard but didn't say anything, which surprised nearly everyone in the room. Brian was well known for ripping someone a new asshole when presented with a condescending tone, but his voice seemed to have escaped him.

But fuck, did she ever look gorgeous pregnant. The animalistic side of Brian, the angry Synyster Gates swirled in the pit of his stomach, demanding that he claim what was his in the most possessive way possible. But the part of him that was more attuned to humanity pushed the animal away because he knew that being dominant with her was no way to keep her. The two sides, however, were horrible at figuring out what exactly it was that Wretched needed to hear, and that was the problem.

"You called, Synyster?" Wretched spoke again, getting ready to bow in front of her five masters.

"No. That is unnecessary. You are with child. Come and sit," Plague said.

Everyone turned to look at the icy blue eyed man, who sat with his hands crossed in front of him. His face was expressionless, and he made no move to get up from his seat. Wretched nodded at Plague's request and stepped up on the platform before nervously clasping her hands over her belly.

"Where am I to sit, Master Plague?" she questioned.

"On Gates' lap, where you should be," Plague replied, tapping his hand impatiently on the arm of his throne chair.

The room grew invariably uncomfortable and everyone shifted in their seats. Synyster said nothing and stared straight ahead, silently fuming. Wretched cleared her throat and nodded again, slowly walking towards Syn's throne chair. She daintily sat upon his lap but still looked visibly uncomfortable as she smoothed the material down over her pregnant belly.

"You called, master?" she asked in a small voice, looking down at her hands.

"I did," Syn said through clenched teeth, finding it difficult not to look at the timid beauty on his lap.

"What can I help you with?"

"Nothing. It's done now."

From the left of the pair came Bree's snicker, and Shadow's quiet scolding of her to hush up. Syn ignored it by grinding his teeth, his eyes still trained on Wretched.

"We should leave them," Plague murmured, noticing the tension in the room.

The rest of the masters agreed, and before Syn or Wretched had time to object, everyone else had left the room. The tension thickened again, and Wretched stood, awkwardly scuffing her heel against the marble floor.

"You can still sit, you know," Syn said gruffly.

"I'm fine."

"You're pregnant."

"I'm fine."

"Like hell you are. Sit back down," Syn ordered, getting up from his seat and offered it to her.

Wretched bit her lip but held her tongue, quickly taking up the spot that Syn offered her. They connected eyes and she blushed, quickly looking away from the man that used to be her lover.

"Something angered you today, and that's why you called for me. You're never happy when you bother to acknowledge that I'm here," she murmured, rubbing her damp palms on her legs.

"That's not the reason why I call for you," Syn objected.

"Then what is it, Brian? You used to be happy and you used to care about me but when I told you I loved you you suddenly acted like I had shot you in the face!" Wretched screamed, looking pained as her eyes went back to him.

Brian was taken aback by her vehemence, and blinked rapidly for a few moments before he realized that he should dignify that with a response. But, he had taken so long and Wretched was angered.

"I'm pregnant with your baby, Brian. I kept the child because I love him or her and I love you. I was hoping that it would bring you around as well," Wretched said.

"Wretched, I don't hate you, okay?"

"But you don't love me. I get it Brian," she sighed, her hands once more taking their place over her stomach.

"We're not meant to love. Do you think that this is easy for me?" Brian inquired incredulously.

"You're not meant to love, but Matt loves Bree. He adores her and gives her whatever she wants. Same with the other masters. They treat their wives and girlfriends with respect and dignity, and they are always looking out for them. I have to do this all on my own!"

Brian sighed heavily, and sat down on the edge of the throne chair. Wretched's eyes were stained with tears, and she miserably shooed them away, looking down at the floor. Brian's heart leapt into his throat, for he didn't enjoy making her cry.

"Wretched," he started slowly, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry."

She shook and trembled under his hand, her own coming up to clasp his. He was surprised by the action but said nothing, just continued to looking down at her while maintaining the contact.

"Tell me you love me, Brian," she begged him, the tears now falling freely down her cheeks.

"I..I," his mouth flailed to find the words and the hurt already spread across her face quickly.

"Just tell me or I'll go. My father will take me back I'm sure of it."

"There's no way I'm sending you to live with your father!" Brian boomed, getting up and standing in front of her.

Wretched looked up at him, her eyes solemn and her face aged slightly with fatigue. Brian stared down at her, his chest heaving with anger.

"Why Brian?" she asked softly.

"W-w-why? Why? Your father is fucking Satan for god's sake!" Brian thundered and sputtered.

"But why don't you want me to go Brian?"

"Because you and the baby could get hurt and it would be my responsibility."

"It's because you love me, isn't it?" she inquired.

By now, Brian was very flustered. He didn't want to say anything to encourage her, but he didn't want her to leave the place she had called home for so long now. He took a deep breath and rubbed his temples, trying to calm himself.

"Wretched, we had some amazing times, that I'll admit-."

"OH!" Wretched suddenly exclaimed, her hands flying to her stomach.

Worried, Brian leaned over her, watching her face. It grew from a sheer look of panic to amusement, and her eyes watered again. Without warning, she grabbed a hold of his hand and placed it on her stomach.

Ever since she had gotten pregnant, Brian had not once touched her stomach. Now, he felt very vulnerable and unnerved. There had never been any doubt that this was his child, but the very feel of the baby kicking inside the womb frightened him. His heart sped up as he watched Wretched laugh in delight, and an incredible warmth spread from his chest outward. His breath came in odd pants, and his eyes felt teary.

"It's because you love me, Brian," she told him with a small smile, and leaned forward to press a kiss to his forehead.

He shut his eyes firmly and just stood there, feeling his child kick. He had loved her all along, he realized, but he didn't know how to say it. He still wasn't sure how to say it. So, he fell to his knees, cradled Wretched's belly in his hands, and cried the softest of cries. Love was a scary thing, and it was hard to acknowledge when someone got into your heart. There was no doubt about it that Wretched had gotten into Brian's heart a long time ago, and he was just too stubborn a man to admit it.

"I love you, Brian. I always have," she told him, stroking the hair of her master gently.

From the dark, soaked cloth of her dress, Brian's voice was heard. He mumbled something at first, before he got enough courage to speak up fully.

"I know. And I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comment please! xo
Wretched's outfit.