Status: Completed (: Check out the sequel

Love's Not A Competition

Chapter 21

When I reached Brittney’s room I saw that there was a note on the door with my name on it. I pulled it off and read it.
Jasmine, Aidan surprised me by taking me out to dinner. Love always, Brittney!

I shoved the note in my pocket and walked down the hall to Eric’s room. I knocked on the door and he pulled it open.
“Hey,” he grinned.
“Hey.”

I walked into his room and saw that half of it was really clean while the other half was a complete mess.
“It looks like a bomb went off in here,” I said.
“Shut up, I’m trying to clean it but it just seems like all I’m doing is moving it around the room. Help me, please, I’m begging you.”
I rolled my eyes but smiled at him.

“Sure I will help you, but I thought Katie would at least help you.”
“Yeah right all she does is to find out what outfit looks best for her dates with Zeke.”
We both rolled our eyes at the thought.
“Want to go to the movies? I can’t be bothered with cleaning.”
“Whatever.”

When we reached the movie theatre there were only two good movies to watch, it was between Zombie Brain after Dinner or Lovely Strolls along the Sand.
“Ew, Lovely Strolls along the Sand,” Eric said.
“I agree. Let’s see Zombie Brain after Dinner.”

We both agreed and brought tickets for the next showing. It started in two minutes so we quickly brought some popcorn and coke before going into the theatre. There weren’t many people in the seats but I could see a lot of couples. I was glad that it was dark. We sat at the back and I sank down in my chair. The movie started. In the first two minutes of the movie I was ready to throw up. Five people had been killed and the zombies had eaten there brains. Eric was laughing along with it and I was cowering in my seat.

“That was so cool!” he yelled.
Everyone turned around and yelled at Eric to shut up. I giggled at him and he frowned back at me. After the movie we saw Zeke and Katie holding hands coming out of the other movie theater.

“Yuck,” Eric mumbled to me.
“Hey you guys,” Katie yelled to us.
“Great, she’s coming over,” Eric said sarcastically.
“So, you two love birds, what movie did you see?” Zeke said smirking.
“You shouldn’t be such an idiot,” I said.

“We saw Zombie Brain after Dinner, but the people in that theatre are so mean,” Eric said sheepishly.
“What did you two see?” I asked trying to keep this conversation going.
“I think we saw Lovely Strolls along the Sand,” Katie giggled.
“What do you mean by ‘you think’ you saw that movie?” Eric asked.

“Well, it’s kind of hard to pay attention to a movie when you have other things to occupy your mind with,” Zeke smirked.
“Well, we better get going. The party’s tonight and I have to get ready,” I said before dragging Eric away.

When we got back to the dorm building Brittney was waiting for me in the lounge. I said goodbye to Eric before Brittney dragged me up the stairs and into her room.
“Where have you been? We are meant to be getting ready for the party.”
“It doesn’t take four hours to put on a costume and do your hair.”
“Well, it does for me.”

“Then you should’ve started without me. I was at the movies with Eric and we ran into Katie and Zeke.”
“Oh. Were they on a date?”
“Yup,” I sighed.

“Well, at the party you can get drunk and hook up with some random boy so you can forget all about him.”
I shook my head. I didn’t like that idea. I couldn’t do it. I wasn’t much of a drinker and I didn’t just hook up with random boys whenever I felt like it.

“Can we please get ready?” Brittney complained.
“Fine, don’t get you panties in a twist,” I laughed.
As we got ready into our costumes I felt silly dressing up as sailor.
“You look hot, Jazzy, any guy would want you.”
“But not Zeke because he’s with Katie,” I said in a sad tone.

Brittney looked at me sadly but didn’t say anything. I was left to my own thoughts as we finished getting ready and finally headed downstairs to where the others were waiting. We took two cabs and I ended up with Katie and Zeke. I was glad that they didn’t act like they usually did but Zeke sat in the middle and it made me uncomfortable. When I saw him grab her hand I finally decided something. I was going to take Brittney’s advice and do exactly what she said. I was going to get drunk and hook up with some random guy.

We reached the hotel and got out of the cab. I waited for Brittney and Eric to show up and grinned at them as they got out of the other cab. We went up to the hotel room together and I grabbed a drink. Eric watched as I downed that glass and the next one.

“Maybe you should slow down,” he said as I picked up my third glass.

I narrowed my eyes at him before walking off. I was scoping the room for hot guys. There were a few but none as good looking as Zeke. I had nearly given up when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I spun around and smiled at the stranger. He looked older than me but I didn’t mind. He had blue eyes and black hair. He looked a bit like Zeke but taller and more muscular. He was wearing a pirate costume.

“Would you like to dance?” he asked.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand, leading me over to the dance floor. We danced for a few songs and it was during a slow song that I saw Zeke and Katie dancing a few feet away. They turned with the music and I saw Zeke look up and our eyes met. His eyes narrowed and I could barely watch as he kissed Katie on the cheek. He looked back at me and I knew that he was trying to make me jealous. Two could play that game.

I reached up and pulled the guys face down to mine and kissed him on the lips. I pulled back and stared over his shoulder at Zeke. He was staring at me again and I smirked. He turned and kissed Katie on the lips and when he looked back at me I shook my head slightly. I grabbed the guys hand and dragged him away from the dance floor. We walked past Brittney, Aidan and Eric. Aidan was holding Brittney while Eric tried to pull a bottle of vodka away from her. She wasn’t giving up without a fight and had just elbowed Aidan in the ribs when we walked past. I led the guy into one of the bedrooms.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to kiss you so unexpectedly,” I said quietly.
“Don’t apologize,” he said, winking at me.
He stepped closer to me and kissed me again.
“I’m Jasmine,” I said after he pulled back.
“I’m Jesse,” he said.

We started kissing again and he was just pushing me towards the bed when the door burst open. We both spun around to see Katie and Zeke walk in. Katie had her legs wrapped around Zeke’s waist and they were kissing. Jesse cleared his throat and they turned to look at us. Zeke let go of Katie and she fell to the ground. Zeke helped her up and they both turned to stare at us.

“Oh, sorry, we thought this room was empty,” Katie said. “We’ll leave you two alone.”
She winked at me and I blushed slightly. I could see Zeke clenching his fist and flinched when he started yelling.

“What are you doing in here with some random guy you don’t even know? He could be a rapist or something! You’re such an idiot!”
“Let her have some fun, she’s old enough to make her own decisions,” Katie said.

“Yeah man, chill out,” Jesse said.
“Shut up, no one’s talking to you,” Zeke snapped at Jesse.
“Zeke, can we just go?” Katie asked.
Zeke didn’t move as he continued staring at me angrily. Katie sighed loudly before storming out of the room.

“Aren’t you going to go after your girlfriend?” I asked quietly.
“Dude she was your girlfriend? She is …” Jesse started to say.
“If you say that next word I am going to make you wish you were never born,” Zeke snarled.
“Come on, Jasmine, let’s go and dance,” Jesse said, grabbing my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i didn't update sooner :) enjoy.