Status: Completed (: Check out the sequel

Love's Not A Competition

Chapter 28

It was a week later on a Saturday afternoon that I was hiding in my dorm room. The run for charity was in an hour and I really didn’t want to do it. I was just walking out of the bathroom when the door to the room opened and Katie and Brittney walked in.

“Hey, aren’t you going to get ready for the run?” Brittney asked.
“Yeah, it’s for charity,” Katie said.
“Piss off,” I scoffed.
“You promised Aidan that you would do it and everyone else is doing it. Do you have something to hide or something?”
“Come on, let’s all get ready in my room,” Katie said.

I grumbled but grabbed the underwear that I was going to change into before following them to Katie’s room. Katie got ready in the bathroom first and came out wearing a leopard print bra and matching thong. I raised an eyebrow at her before walking into the bathroom. I pulled on my black bra and matching underwear. I walked out of the bathroom and then Brittney got ready in there. Fifteen minutes later Brittney walked out in a pink bra and little pink boy short underwear with white stockings that connected to the boy shorts.

“Do you like what Aidan got me for Christmas?” Brittney asked.
“Ah, sure,” I said.
“Why aren’t you wearing your lingerie, Katie?”
“We’re going on a run, not to a brothel.”

Brittney grinned at her before walking out of the room.
“Do I have to come?” I whined.
Katie glared at me and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the room.
“Its kind a chilly, I’ll go grab my coat.”
“Shut up, you don’t need a coat.”

I grumbled as she pulled me down the stairs. It was at the starting line of the run that we met up with the boys. I could see Jesse a few people down but didn’t walk over to him. He waved at me and I smiled at him. I was trying to hide behind Katie and Brittney but they walked over to their boyfriends and I was left on my own. Eric walked over to me and stood beside me.

“Hey, you came,” he said.
“Unfortunately,” I growled.
“Where is everyone?”

I pointed to where they were standing and Eric looked over there.
“What in the world is Katie wearing?” he asked, turning back to look at me.
“I don’t know and I don’t really want to know.”

I looked over at the others again and noticed that Zeke and Aidan were wearing briefs. Aidan’s were blue and Zeke’s were back. I looked all around me and grimaced.

“What am I doing here?” I asked.
“At the end of the race you get to see how many people pledged for you,” Eric said.
“I bet Katie and Brittney will get a lot.”
“I’m sure you will get some as well.”

“Well no one’s going to see me anyway. As soon as that whistle blows I’m running,” I said.
“You aren’t really going to run are you? It’s meant to be a jog.”
“Who cares? I prefer sprinting anyway. How long is this run again?”

“It’s just around the school and the finish line is here. There are cones marking the way. Why don’t you want to be here?”
“Because I don’t want to run in my underwear,” I said.

Katie and Brittney walked over with Zeke and Aidan following along behind them. I stepped behind Eric and looked over his shoulder at them.
“What do you want?” I asked.
“Why are you hiding?” Brittney asked.
“Because I want to,” I lied.

“I’m the one who should be hiding, I can feel a breeze,” Katie said.
“Well, there’s plenty of room behind Eric, no offence.”
“Don’t come near me, it’s bad enough that I have to see you in your underwear,” Eric said.
“You should feel lucky that you get to see this,” Katie said.

She stepped closer and Eric moved backwards, nearly standing on my foot. She grinned evilly before hugging him. He pushed her off of him and quickly moved so he was standing behind me.

“Don’t hide behind me! I’m meant to be hiding behind you!” I yelled, quickly moving behind him.
We heard a teacher telling everyone to get into position and I walked up to the starting line with Eric.
“Want to race?” I asked him.
I knew that Eric would never turn down a challenge and he grinned at me like I expected.
“Sure,” he said.

I got into my starting position and saw Jesse walking up to the starting line. He raised a whistle to his mouth and I pushed myself up when he blew it. Eric ran beside me as I sprinted for the first corner and I was just rounding the corner when I heard someone yell from behind.

“Someone’s touching my butt!”

It sounded oddly like Katie but I didn’t turn to look as I ran around the corner and started running faster. I was nearly at the second corner when I felt myself getting tired. I wasn’t that good at long distance running and had to slow down. I knew that Eric would be able to beat me if I slowed down but I didn’t mind. I was running past the dorm rooms when Eric passed me. He grinned and I waved as he ran off. I heard someone come up behind me and was surprised to see Katie running along beside me.

“Hey,” she said.
“Hi,” I said.
I had forgotten that Katie played field hockey and I guess you had to have a lot of stamina for that game since you had to run up and down the field all the time.

“Do you know what’s weird? Someone keeps touching my butt and it’s creepy.”
I looked behind us and only saw Zeke running a few feet behind us. I rolled my eyes but didn’t say anything to Katie. We were passing the library and were nearing the finish line when I said goodbye to Katie and sprinted the last stretch. I saw Eric grinning at me and walked over to him.

“Oh no, it seems that you won,” I said.
“Of course I did. What’s my prize?”
“Um, your prize… it’s waiting for you in your dorm room,” I lied before walking off.