Status: Completed (: Check out the sequel

Love's Not A Competition

Chapter 59

Exams loomed up and we were all busy studying for them. I wasn’t all that nervous but I could definitely feel the nerves getting worse as the day drew nearer. I had six exams, one for each other my classes except gym which didn’t have exams. They were spread out over two weeks and I was glad that we didn’t have any normal classes during those two weeks. The end of the year was so close. You could definitely feel the excitement in the year. Everyone wanted to leave but I was sad to go. Normally I stayed at Brittney’s over the summer with her family but this year I would really be going home, leaving Zeke for three months.

It’s not that I didn’t trust him, I did. I would just miss him. We had gotten so close and we spent all of our free time together. We always slept on the bottom bunk together and I liked having him there next to me when I woke up. I knew that I would definitely miss that when I went back home. He had promised me that we will talk everyday if we could and I had agreed. Las Vegas wasn’t too far away from Los Angeles so I’m sure we could meet up sometime during the summer. He told me that his parents were away for the whole summer in Australia so he was going to be all alone for the summer. I would’ve offered for him to come and stay with me if I thought that my mother would agree to it, which she probably wouldn’t. I would love for him to come though.

Zeke woke me up early on Monday morning. He was very nervous about exams, I could tell. Especially since he had woken up so early and I knew for a fact that he was not a morning person. He was always grumpy if I woke him up too early in the morning. He went to have a shower and I waited under the covers for him to get out so I could have a shower. I could’ve gone over to Brittney’s shower but I knew she wouldn’t be up at this time of the morning. Besides, I really didn’t want to walk in if she was with Aidan. They were definitely closer than ever, more passionate than ever after their night in the hotel room. It was cute, if you were into that sort of thing. They had also been spending as much time together as they could since Aidan had important exams and had been studying his heart out so he could pass.

Brittney had told me that Aidan’s parents hadn’t been happy about him taking a year off before going to college but had come around in the end. He had been offered a few scholarships and had turned them down except the only one that would let him start next year in the fall instead of this year. I thought it was sweet that he was taking time off just so they could start college together. They will definitely get married one day, I just knew it.

I walked down to breakfast with Zeke after I had gotten ready. There were lots of sleepy faces and last minute revision going on in the dining hall that morning. It was very quiet and peaceful. Even the kids that were normally rowdy had their textbooks open on the table. Zeke didn’t get anything for breakfast and sat down at our usual table while I joined the small queue for some food. I only got a couple of pieces of toast and two cups of coffee because I knew that Zeke would want some. I carried the tray back to the table and he grabbed one of the cups. I smiled at him and ran my hand through his hair.

“You’re going to do great,” I assured him.

He just raised his eyebrows at me and nibbled on a piece of my toast. I was glad I had gotten extra. I knew he wouldn’t have been able to resist. I leaned over and kissed his cheek before sipping on my coffee. We both had one exam today. His was in the morning while mine was later this afternoon. I didn’t even need to be up but I was his morale support. He pulled out his Human Biology textbook and made me ask him random questions about things in the book. I smiled kindly and helped him out.

When we had finished breakfast and it was time, I walked him to his exam. I gave him a kiss for good luck and a pat on the butt just to be cheeky. I was trying to make him relax but his shoulders were stiff as he walked into the room they were holding the exam in. He did glance over his shoulder at me and I blew him a kiss before walking away. I had my own last minute revising to do before my exam later today. I would definitely be happy when this was all over.

My exam wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. It was actually quite simple. History was normally my worst subject but I think I did alright. I met my friends in the lounge after my exam. Zeke pulled me into a hug and kissed me deeply. I was guessing that he was happy his first exam was over. I hadn’t seen him since this morning since his exam had finished at the time mine had started. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap while our friends just watched. I tried to hide the embarrassment though I was actually very happy and pleased.

“How did it go?” Brittney asked.
“Fine,” I said. “It was much simpler than I thought it would be but that could mean that I did terrible in it, I’m not sure.”
“I really don’t want to do our Japanese exam on Wednesday. It’s going to be super hard,” she said.
“No kidding,” I smiled.
“I have an exam tomorrow,” Katie said. “I really don’t want to do it but Jesse’s been helping me study so I think I’ll be fine.”

“Damn, I wish I dated a tutor,” Brittney said.
Aidan cleared his throat and she smiled at him.
“I was kidding,” she said quickly.
He shook his head slightly and she kissed him on the cheek. Eric pretended to throw up and Aidan through a cushion at him.

“You have a free day tomorrow as well, don’t you?” I asked Zeke while the others were occupied.
“Yeah,” he said.
“What did you want to do?”
“Oh, I’m sure we can think of something,” he said cheekily.

He pulled me against his chest and started kissing my neck, telling me exactly what he planned to do tomorrow.
“Get a room,” Eric complained.
“Oh trust me, we will,” Zeke said.
“Gross,” Eric said.
“Agreed,” Katie said.

I blushed while Zeke just smirked smugly at them. Zeke certainly didn’t mind public displays of affection but I was always embarrassed if he got too carried away, not that I was complaining. I knew one thing though; I was looking forward to tomorrow. Brittney caught my eye and winked at me which I ignored. I wasn’t going to do what she was thinking, that was a fact. I didn’t want to ruin our relationship by having sex right now. I wasn’t ready. I just hoped that Zeke knew that and wouldn’t force it or anything, not that he was that type of boy. I just knew what they were like when it came to sex and didn’t want to disappoint him or make him angry. Ugh, teenage life was so complicated sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: