Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

Auction

"Let me out!" I screamed. My voice echoed along with my violent blows upon the steel door. I fiercely kicked an pounded on what appeared to be my only exit, but the only result was my soar knuckles and numb toes. Failure was not an option. I had to get out, because no one locks me up, I mean how dare they? I am not a animal! Who the hell do they think they are?
"Ugh!" I groaned in defeat. My arms hurt, my feet felt like jello and I was stuck with a dingy bed cot as my source of comfort; Lucky me.
The anger boiling inside me seemed to simmer down to sadness. Being stuck in a cell alone by yourself leaves your mind open to too many possibilities.
I scowled as tears threatened to fall from being focused on reality too long. The reality was; I was never going to see my mother again. She was gone and I was stuck in a prison place held by my kidnapper.
The rusted springs on my mattress squealed in protest as I flopped down, and willed myself to concentrate. To think of a happy place, where no one could harm me, or mess with me. Being a baby about my situation was not going to make it any better. I need to think rationally, I need to think of a happy place.
My lips parted, and I took a deep breath to calm me and search my memories for a happy day. For just one small happy thought that would wipe away all of my despair and anguish. If only such things were possible, but nothing could distract me from yesterdays agonizing nightmare.
Flashback:
"Mom!"I hollered. My footsteps into the house should have announced my presents home but my mother did not respond. All the lights were off and the only sound heard was my sneakers, and the grandfather clock in our living rooms swift ticking.
I reached over to flip the light switch in the living room but the house remained a dark cave of wonder. Great the power was out.
My arms shook from my heavy load of a purse, and I released it on our old worn out leather couch. The purse bounced on the brown cushion and flopped on the floor making a loud boom on the wooden floors. I cringed, and waited for my Mother's usual screech of anger from dropping stuff on her new flooring but no sound came.
Mom was a neat freak. Everything had to be in it's place and if you dirtied it you better be prepared for a long ass speech and a list of punishment chores. Usually if she heard stuff hit our newly wooden floors I would end up vacuuming the furniture, Dusting the old box TV, and cleaning her windows. No reply meant she either didn't hear or was purposely ignoring me.
Annoyance bubbled inside me, and escaped through my grumbled sigh, and I continued farther inside our house in search for my mom.
"Mom! Why's the power out? Did we blow a fuse?" My bellow echoed through out the deadly silent house, and My ears strained to hear any possible sound, but there was none. A dreaded chill slid it's way of my spine sending unwanted shivers through me.
I shook my head, and scurried into the kitchen hopeful to find mom looking for the flash light or something.
My nerves began to spike into sheer panic when I found the kitchen empty of my mother and in neat condition as if she hasn't been in here all night. Mom never stays out of the kitchen, she is either doing paperwork at the table or baking something incredibly delicious for dinner.
Our steel sink was clean of all dishes, meaning she hasn't cooked a thing all night, the white gas oven was wiped down to perfection and our marble counter tops had a towel draped neatly over them ready for clean dishes to dry. The windows above the sink were clean as all get out, and the sun flower curtains were drawn back ready for the sun to shine on her pitcher of daisies sitting on the window seal. Where was my mother?
My worry was nagging at the back of my mind, so I reached over and grabbed the only thing visible near me on the counter tops... A butter knife. Just great, when you're in fear of the worsted make it better with a second to best weapon. No need to worry Ember you're just holding a eating utensil like it will save your life!
The pathetic attempt to find a weapon made me scowl as I caught a glimpse of my reflection on the back door.
The glass reflected the moon on my reflection only making me look all the more like a foolish little girl. My choppy bleach blond hair stood at odd angles in the back of my head and the neck length ends of my raspberry purple streaks clung to my face, and my body looked like a pasty white stick. Yay me, I could pass for a stick... Gr.
I looked down at my reflection of my hand holding the knife and shook me head. This was stupid. Why am I holding this?
I reached down to set down the knife but before I let it go I heard a faint "Tap!" on the glass door. My grip on the knife tightened and I spun around defensively ready to chuck this sucker at a robber, but I caught a movement just below the image of my frightened blue eyes... A faint white hand was weakly trying to reach for the sliding door handle behind one of our shrubs. I rushed out the door not caring if I got wet from the rain again because that hand desperately reaching out was my mothers.
"Mom!" I whimpered, and gently pulled her out from behind the bush, and held her in my lap. Her face was as pale as a ghost, and her lips were cracked with blood dried on them. I gripped her arm, and felt a light pulse, then she let out a light moan in protest as I tried to pull her farther away from the bushes.
That was when I noticed that the mud clots in her dirty blond hair, and stained all over her light blue sundress wasn't just mud... It was blood. My hair clung to my my face as water dripped down my cheeks. I couldn't tell if it was the rain or my tears.
Have you ever tried to speak but no sound comes out besides a cry for help? Have you ever felt like your voice was stolen from you and replaced by terror? Well that was how I felt when I cried out for my mother to answer me. To talk to me and tell me she was okay, but her response was the scariest thing I had ever seen from her...
She slowly tilted her head up, but the moment her chocolate brown eyes made contact with mine her eyes widened in utter terror. "Run baby girl! RUN! I can't let him get you too!" She wailed. Her body shook as she tried to push me away, too weak to succeed. I gripped hold of her, and tried to stopped the blood pouring out of her neck... Two tiny puncture marks just bellow her jugular were the source of the blood flow.
I pressed my fingers roughly against them and begged the blood to stop coming out."Who mom? Who will get me?" I begged her to tell me. My heart was beating faster and faster as if it would pound out of my chest and beat for the both of us because hers was slowing down rapidly. A faint beat was all I could feel on her neck. She choked up and blood sputter out of her lips.
"The-the-Va-VAMPIRE!" She screamed. Her voice was stronger then I have ever heard come from her. It was a ear splitting scream of complete pain. "What-" She screamed again and again, and all I could do was slap my hands over my ears until her body began to spasm in my grasp, then go completely still... Limp in my arms with no pulse.. No breathe. Nothing.
"No! Mom speak to me! Don't go please talk to me breathe mom breathe!" I cried over and over again. I begged her lips to move; I begged her heart to beat. I slammed my fists down on her chest begging her to move but she remained a lifeless corpse.
My mom was dead.
Tears flooded my vision raining down far more then the storm and my heart ached from pain and despair. It is said pain of the heart is the most dreadful kind of agony anyone can face... If this is true my heart is dead.
I hugged on to my mother in denial, and begged someone to come help us, but then I heard the "Snap!" of a twig. My gaze followed the sound and there at the corner of my house stood a shadow figure. A man had appeared.
At first I was relieved. I thought He had heard all the commotion and come to help, but when He stepped closer... His steps were more predatory then helpful. It was as if his steps weren't steps at all but, like he was floating- No gliding over the grass.
My breathing sped up, and my heart rate excelled as he turned the corner. He cocked his head to the side as if he was sizing me up, and my brain was screaming at me to run. I rose, cautiously with my back pressed against the sliding door. He stepped into the moonlight, his face became visible and I struggled to suppress a gasp of horror.
His skin was whiter then anyone I have ever seen. His cheeks were sharp, and his jaw was strong and firm, He towered over me even from a distance but that was not why I was scared. He was beautiful. The most beautiful man I have ever seen... He eyed me waiting for my reaction but I kept my expression impassive, I held all my fear and panic inside so he wouldn't know I was exploding with terror from the inside out. His blood red gaze flickered to my hand as it hover over the doorknob ready to run for it. His smirk transformed into a grin, and He flashed me sparkling white teeth... And deadly canine fangs.
I couldn't suppress my fear any longer. I slammed open the screen door and ran as fast as I could. My heart beat pounded along with my feet smashing into the wood, and I grabbed hold of anything in my reach and chucking it behind me.
"Get the hell away from me!"I screamed. I rushed through my house and Gripped hold of the front doorknob, and flung it open, but the moment I stepped out I smashed into something hard as rock and cold as ice. It was him. He grabbed hold of my wrists, and pressed me against the door frame, trapped against his murderous hold.
The rain poured down our faces, and dripped down his hair. It clung to his face around his ears and blended in with the pitch black night sky. His gaze stared into my eyes, and desperately I tried to tear them away from his but it was no use. His eyes were mesmerizing, and not in the good way. They were the color of crimson blood, Deeper then any volcano known to man, and stronger then any gaze I've ever seen.
He brought his hand up, and gently stroked my cheek. I tried to pull away from his frozen touch but an inhuman growl escaped his cold dead lips. He leaned down to where his face was inches from mine, His nose touched mine, and those eyes never broke their hold.
His touch sent electricity through my body awakening every nerve inside me. His gaze felt as if it was ripping through my soul and into my darkest secrets.
I hated him with every fiber in my body, but I also wanted him more than anyone in my entire life... That is the moment I decided he would die. I would not rest until this beautiful monster was dead.
The next thing he said was whispered so softly I would not have heard it, had he not said it right in front of me ear. He will one day regret saying it. " Welcome to the slave trade sweet heart. We will break you."

Flash back over:
That was all I remembered from then until I woke up in this stink hole surrounded by darkness. The last thing I remembered was waking up in this cold, dark, and wet cell. It's been days, maybe weeks since they have held me in here. I would awaken to food and water on a tiny plastic trey every night.
Waking up in the day started to become harder and harder when they covered my only window with bars and thick black drapes, more ways to change me.
My prison was rather small too. It was maybe the size of a walk in closet. The walls, and floor was all concrete, There was a small light above the steel door exit that trapped me in. It never stayed on longer then ten minutes which was during the time I woke up and ate. Then it would flicker off and I would be trapped in complete darkness once again. There was only three objects in this crap hole, the old cot, a busted toilet, and a rusted sink. So much for treating guests with cleanliness.
The amount of people here was unknown to me for quite some time until one night I was awakened by the sound of someone screwing around by the end of my cot bed. A shadow was placing a food full of food near it but had bumped into the cot startling me out of my sleep. I thought it was him at first so I lunged only to find out it was a very grumpy Chick... She caught me mid air and threw me back on the cot. The only distinct image I caught of her was the same glowing red eyes as him. I figured there was a lot more of them.
The reality of all this was it shouldn't be possible. Vampires don't exist, let alone kidnap people. Vampires were myths, legends everyone watched in scary movies, or stupid romance novels. This is not possible. I will seriously flip shit if they sparkle.
An overwhelming sensation filled my troubled soul annoying me more then those damn drapes, and I kicked the stupid cot I was on like an out of control soccer player pissed at the goalie. Pain sliced through my foot and I gasped, but nothing hurt more then my heart. Every day- Well night since I have been here memories of that night have haunted my dreams, fueling my anger and destroying my heart. All I felt was sorrow, pain and hatred.
I would never forget those glowing red eyes. Even as I stared at the pitch black nothingness of the concrete ceiling all I saw were those eyes. Irises the color of bright crimson red, and Pitch black pupils. They held a slit like appearance that reminded me of a cat. I would never forget them, and Those eyes will see me again because my eyes will be the last thing they see before I rip His heart out. I will have my revenge... I will kill that monster.
My lust to kill him scared me more then my nightmares. I shivered as thoughts unknown to me before flashed through my mind... Images of murdering him. What scared me more is my first reaction was a smile. I leaped off the bed shaking in fear and tripped over the toilet merely two feet from my cot, and smashing into the wall. Great way to stay strong Ember, running into things.
"It's time to get ready," Startled by a woman’s voice at the door of my cell as she swung the door open I jumped back hitting my head on the wall... Again.
"Ow," I groaned. My head throbbed and the light shinning passed her stung my eyes and blinded my vision. At least she didn't sparkle... But then maybe I can't see well enough to know.
The woman's eyes immediately hinted me off that she was indeed a vampire. They held the same slit like appearance as my capture but her pupil, and irises were both completely black.. No red. They caused her skin to look even whiter than it already had, as if she was made of snow. She was a very beautiful woman, well monster also. She had bright red hair that flowed down her super model figure and into lushes ringlets at her waste, a pointed sharp nose with full cheeks and ruby red lips where her fangs peeked out at me in a scowl.
"Hurry up. I don't have all day!" She snapped. Her stiletto high heel boots clicked on the floor as she impatiently beckoned for me to follow. She was wearing a woman’s dress suit the color of a faint gray, and a light blue tie. I stared at her unsure of whether I should listen to her or not but images of that beautiful monster coming my way gave me the strength to rise and obey her because revenge could be just around the corner. So I followed her into the unknown.

"What are you doing?" I snapped. Pain sliced through my head as my hair was yanked backwards twisted in ways too tight for any girl whose kept her hair down as long as I do.
The vampire chick gave me what I was starting to guess as her signature scowl. Her lips tilted up exposing her fangs, long pointy scary fangs. "If you haven't noticed already I am trying to make you look decent enough for the auction! Which is seeming more impossible by the minute if you do not sit still!" She growled. Yes I mean growled at me. As in a very grumpy dog growl.
Confused, I looked at her with a blank stare. What does she mean auction?
"You feeble minded homosapien you are going to be sold to the highest bidder! As in you are a slave now young female," She stated flatly. Terror was my first reaction. I retreated to a salon chair next to me, and held a iron grip onto the handles willing myself to breathe.
The vampire chick took advantage of my willingness to sit in the chair, and pulled my head back into the sink to wash my hair. She had been trying to get me to sit in that chair for the last ten minutes now. She ran her hands through my hair ripping through the tangles and causing me more pain then I already had.
I was going to be sold. I sat frozen in shock scared that if I react I would scream. First they kill my mother then they take me and try to make me a slave? How dare they!
The vampire chick Finished up with my hair and yanked me out of the chair toward a wall lined with clothes. The walls were decorated in a floral blue design all over the room and salon equipment sat all over the room. The vampire chick shoved me in front of a mirror and examined my appearance with noticeable displeasure.
"Do not worry child. It will give you wrinkles and make my job all the more impossible. Besides as long as you do what you are told you shall live a descent slave life span," She assured me.
I frowned. You know that statement doesn't really make me feel any better. They think after all they have put me over I am just going to roll on my tummy like a dog and submit to their authority? Screw that. We all want things in life but lately that doesn't necessarily mean we are going to get what we want.
My frown turned in a mischievous grin, confidence, and rage piled all into one gave me a mind set to win. My new masters life was going to be hell because I am not a slave.
............
"Next up we have a fine specimen, a male homsapien at the age of seven-teen, and no permanent damage has been inflicted upon him. Blood type ---- ...." A speaker announced the long introduction of the boy in front of me as we were led up on stage. A group of five was present, all human that I was aware of. There was a crowd of people seated in long lines of chairs, all eyes were on the boy front and center, but something was odd about the way the examined him.
Their eyes were like magnets drawn to the source of the attention, no ones gaze wavered nor did their expressions change. They made their bids silently with a raise of hands, and no changes of body language. The strangeness was at a level I could not understand, I frowned.
Nervously, I grabbed the hem of my dress so it wouldn't cause me to trip as I made my way up the auction stairs, no one noticed my entrance thankfully. I planned to make it through this thing invisible to most.
The dress the Vampire chick dressed me in was meant to make me look appealing and stand out more though so it made it a tad bit harder to blend in. The dress was a dark purple floor length gown with spaghetti straps, and my back exposed to the v-shaped dip stopping just above my butt. My hair was straightened to perfect, and a black bow was placed around my neck for extra appeal. I had to admit the chick knew how to fix a girl up, but I was going for discrete, not fabulous freak.
A girl behind me gave my arm a hasty pinch ushering me forward more and drawing the crowds eyes on me.. They literally froze. Panic hit me quick but I swallowed it, still as a rock.
Frustrated I tried to back up a bit to hide behind the others but they pushed me forward, eager to distance themselves from the stage.
"Next up we have a female Homosapeon, age unknown, color white, and blood type unknown, and extremely desirable and unique. Her scent has not been identified yet per say, but we will start the bidding at Five-thousand dollars," The speaker announced, and turned to me, beckoning at the center of the stage. With a nervous gulp I stuck my head up high and marched to the center.
The auctioneer finished identifying me, and waited for the first bid, but the crowd just stared, slightly bored and slightly curious. All the females visible were giving me a disgusted look, and the males were sizing me up for their next meal. I guess you could say they unlocked my inner rebel, because I plastered on the bitchiest glare I could and flipped all of them off... On the stage. I didn't care who these people thought they were or who they were, when you treat me like trash I will treat you like one too. My snicker was the only sound heard from the silence that followed.
All eyes were on me, most were dumbfounded stares while others were pissed off. Then I did the stupidest thing ever. I hoped off stage... Then just like that the entire room erupted in bids. My impassive expression faltered for a moment and I gave them full few of my confusion.
"First time for this one in the slave trade, Still needs broken in! Do I have any more takers?" Questioned the auctioneer. Then it donned on me. They didn't realize I was fresh meat, or a challenge as he just put it until I jumped off the damn stage. All the other slaves here looked like they would kill themselves if you asked, they were broken. I pretty much just said ,"hey look at me! I'm a pretty new flower with my thorns still intact! Cut me please!"
I just screwed myself over.
"One hundred thousand dollars!" My mind bubble was popped as a bidder hollered over the roaring crowd. Silence followed, no one wanted to pass that bidder. "Sold to Mr. Graves!" The speaker yelled. My new owner wasn't that hard to pin point in the crowd dew to the fact they had separated to make room for him.
He was dressed in a completely black business suit, His hair was cut just at his ears and the color of midnight black. He was extremely well built and he had the face you could never forget seeing, but his eyes were the deal breaker. Irises the color of crimson red, Pupils charcoal black, and slits like a cat...
You've got to be freaking kidding me.
He was a boy.... A hot boy, staring right at me. He had fangs... And he was my mother's killer.
Fury surged through me, like a race horse headed for the finish line. I lunged at him, tears streaming down my face, Wild scream bursting free, and hands stretched out to rip through skin. If I had been in my right mind I would have realized something was off about me wanting to rip through skin or even hurt someone but I didn't notice. Nothing could make me care about what he was or how bad he could hurt me. He killed my mother and for that he will pay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it:) Comment plz and tell me your opinion.
I also spell checked!