Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

You are the monster

The complete ride home was awkward and the air was filled with tension.Neither one of us wanted to speak so that was the way it stayed.
Once we arrived at his house I was out the door and heading up the steps in seconds in attempted to get to the room before Creeper.
(yes I am back to calling that douche bag Creeper. It seems fit considering he is a jackass at the moment.)

My attempt to be the one to storm off utterly failed when Creeper flew passed me and out of sight before I even reached the stairwell.
"Jackass," I muttered as I continually stomped.
My feet slammed down on the marble stairs making a echo all across the house which angered me more so I slammed harder to fill the silence.
"Ignorant child," Graves voice yelled down the stairs causing me to leap on the last step up.
He definitely heard me.That's for sure.
I scowled down the hall he disappeared to and shouted back,"Pmsing vampires shouldn't be aloud here!"
The silence that filled made me smile in triumph and continued down the halls.

It took me a while to find my way to our room because I sadly usually had a guide that always accompanied me. Too many hall,and stairwells up later I arrived in a opening living room that seemed unfamiliar and too toasty. It was a gigantic room with Two black leather sofas lining the walls.There was a fire place directly across from the entrance hall,and it was lit with smoke slowly rising and puffing up the chimney.
That's odd..why would a fire place be on in the middle of spring,and at a vampires house? Isn't that like super deadly?
I cautiously entered the room unsure of whether my entrance was safe or not,but my stupidity said otherwise.

"Hello? " I left the questioning hello out into the room half wanting someone to answer,and the other half just wanting to find my damn room.
That fire place does look pretty cozy...
I hesitantly made my way to the fire place an plopped down on the floor right in front of it.
hm now that feels good.
Laying on my stomach I cozied up by the fire and started to feel a bit drowsy.
Something felt wrong about this room but I couldn't escape the comfort of it.My eyes slowly drooped shut and I drifted off in a pleasant slumber.
....
Smoke clouded the Sky's,and fire covered the grounds.Bodies splayed across the burnt out patched of Creepers front yard.
The house was at aflame and piece by piece crumbled down.
My foot steps hovered just above the burning flames but did not touch ground.I stayed afloat, only to see the ruins in front of me.

I scanned over each body begging to not see anyone I new...I was horrified at the sight of Beth's body white as a ghost untouched by the flames,but stone still.
She layed there lifeless with her head turned the the side with her neck exposed..and also to very bloody bite marks.
My screams echoed everywhere as if I was in a building but no one heard.My feet would not move to her side and tears would not form.

My eyes flickered around and around looking for anyone.. Anyone who could help her...but all I saw were bodies of everyone..drained dry.Everyone I knew was dead. That's when I spotted Graves..oh my god Graves.
His body was drenched in blood.from head to toe.Not his own either..Burn marks covered him like patches,and the only way I knew it was him because his face was left unscratched.
My chest burned and as if the fire was reaching them,and my soul felt dead..
I begged my feet to move but I could not.

That is when I saw him..Standing on the ruined steps of Graves house.
a outline of a man.
At the sight of him my body flew forward on its own accord.I didn't stop till I was standing two steps away, and his form was completely clear.
"My child.You've done well," Quinn Grinned.
...

"What is this thing doing sleeping in my Personal chambers!"A roar so loud it woke me from my Nightmare rung just a few steps from my sleeping form.
I snapped my eyes open and leaped away from Creepers father who stood hovering over me like a freaking ghost,but with pissed off eyes.
His eyes were passed their usual anger and into straight pissed offness.His mouth was twisted into a angry scowl, and he was shaking in anger.
"What?"

His eyes widened and he nearly would have ripped my head off if Graves hadn't entered then and there pulling me to the door.
"Sorry father she didn't no.Good night!"He muttered and yanked my ass out of there.
Before I could even try to keep up he picked me up like usual and ran at vampire speed.
Once we reached the room he through me on the bed and glared at me.

"What the hell were you thinking going into my fathers study!"He growled.
I narrowed my eyes at him and rose up out of the bed.
"First off I didn't know that was his room and second off I wouldn't have been in there if some over reacting vampire didn't leave me all alone at the door!I would have made it perfectly fine to the room!"I yelled.
He paused for a moment."I did not overreact" He muttered.

I through my hands in the air in frustration.
"Yes you did!!You got pissed because I was uncomfortable in your lap in the car!"I snapped.
He appeared in my face within seconds and gripped the back of my head and did the last thing in the world I expected him to do.He kissed me.

It was a desperate lustful kiss...Nothing more.Neither of us spoke until he pulled back."I was upset because you tease me none stop Ember.First you say I may not bite you ever,then You throw yourself at me and beg me to bite you.Then the next moment you are pulling away.It's like your fighting your feelings for me.You know you have them ember dammit I love you!"The words tumbled out of his mouth before he could take them back.

I stood astound.
He..He loved me?
That's when I remembered the bond.

I pushed away the disappointed tears getting ready to come,and put on my biggest scowl.
"No you don't.You love what the blood tie makes you love.You only love me because of the blood bond.All the feelings you think I feel are not real.I could never truly love a monster like you."
He looked at me..
I held my glare..
He turned..
Then he spoke." I am sorry You could never love a monster like me."
Then he left.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's almost finished:'( But I'll make more!!:)