Sequel: I Will Not Fall
Status: Finished, but is going through editing to fix errors.

I Will Not Break

Beth to the Rescue

Sunlight burst through the only open window in my room causing me to wake from my slumber for the first time in months daring the day. It felt unnatural to be awake when the sun was out now, but my home sickness got the better of me.
Climbing out of my Small cot bed In the corner of my room, I tip toed over to the window and peeled back the see through curtains.Warm sun light rays warmed my face and awakened me fully. I had to admit this room was a lot more accommodating then the other jail cell.

After last nights fight they decided to take me to a better more comfortable Jail room as they called it to sleep.
It turned out to be a closet size room with bars on the window and door. There was a cot, toilet, sink, and surprisingly a tiny dresser with a new set of clothes.
If those douche bags weren't so douche baggy then Graves might be able to learn some tips from them.

The though of Graves immediately made my chest begin to burn, A feeling I am slowly growing use to, and found out I will have to live with for the rest of my life... As I slowly die.
Quinn and Rubin spent hours last night trying to get me to feed off of Rubin but I had lost my hunger quickly after He told me I was a demon.
Seriously who wouldn't lose their appetite once they were told they are a Descendant of a ancient demon who feeds off people pain!
Sadly it made sense and explained my anger issues but something didn't add up. They said there was another option when they didn't think I heard them.

I hated the thought of becoming a demon because Quinn's stupid comments all fit together now. All those stupid things he said that I thought meant he was crazy scared me the most because they were true.
Graves thought I had a good side and I could love him back but this proves I have no love to give him. Once I feed I will become a heartless demon that knows not love. That is why I am so scared to feed. I will become a monster worse then Any of them.

A shadow fell over my face blocking the sunlight from my view. My eyes flew open and I yelped in surprise before Stumbling back.
It wasn't just a shadow of a tree that blocked the sun. It was a person... It was Beth!
She stood grinning from ear to ear holding up a set of pliers and a very scary gun.
She mouthed hold on before disappearing out of my view.
I eagerly stepped back and waited.

Five minutes of impatient torture flew by before the door to my cell opened and Beth stood on the other side of the bars with her pliers. "I don't have the keys so these will have to do," She smirked.
She Lifted up her heavy duty pliers and got to work cutting the bars.
"Hurry someone might come and check on me if they hear that noise," I urged nervously.
She gave me a shut it look then went harder at the clipping. "No ones awake.They are all in a lower floor because they can not be out in the sun light."
Grimly I nodded and waited as she cut the last bar.

She backed up, giving me room to crawl through, which I did hastily and the moment I was all the way through she threw herself at me pulling me into a huge hug. "He didn't mean it," She whispered.
Nothing in my body could have froze more then I did right then."Who?"

She pulled away and looked at me intensely. "Graves. He didn't mean what He only said that because he felt you truly wanted free. So he freed you the only way our father ever taught him. It is rarely done because of how painful it is but He never wanted this to happen," She bawled.
My body shook and my chest burned hotter as the nights conversation replayed. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done. We can't fix it. All we can do is move on, Which we need to do quickly right now," My voice shook as I spoke.

She nodded her head and turned around to a unknown direction to me.
I followed her into the unknown.
...
"The exits right up this hall and we'll be out of here before they even wake up. Graves will be so excited and relieved to see you. He's acted like a zombie ever since you left then after you were taken he's been plotting none stop how to get you back," Beth eagerly rushed us closer and closer to the exit.
My feet froze in an instant.
She looked back at me before turning to me."What did I say?" She questioned.

"I'm not going back with you to Graves. I can't Beth. Once we get out of here I am going to disappear," I shook my head.
She narrowed her eyes and gripped hold of my hand dragging me along with her.
If anyone else had done they they would have lost that hand, but Beth knew she could get away with it. "Does this have anything to do with something that Quinn said?" She asked flatly.

I ignored her as she pulled me along. At the end of the hall she tugged me to the left turn. Once we saw that door we immediately stopped in our tracks.
Right in front of the door was Quinn... Looking highly pissed off.
Crap.

"Beth you should know better That there is always one of us on guard. Your master night, and I am day. Surely you did not think the day would hinder me like all the blood suckers? I am not just of the night. I am of the same blood as this child," He taunted us as he blocked the only exit.
Oh crap... 'I am of the same blood as this child.' He means we are the same type of immortal. "you're a demon!"I blurted.

His smirk widen even more, then before we knew what was happening we were attacked from behind. A set of arms gripped me from behind.and held a gun to my temple.
They yanked us down all the way back to the jail cell I was in before and threw us both in at one time.

Before Quinn shut the door he looked me straight in the eye and smiled. "You know this works out perfectly now. You don't have to feed off of Rubin. He won't be too happy but you will both share a feeding donor. Lets see how long you can keep from feeding from your friend," He laughed then slammed the door.
"Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare us. You have perfect control," Beth insisted.

It helped a lot that Beth had more faith in me then everyone else. It's hard to believe she's my only friend since I came into Graves life. "Thanks that really h-Helps," I began to smile but as I turned to look at her. Bright yellow colors swirled around her whole body.. Her colors made something spark up inside me, and my back tingled.
Slowly my steady good thinking began to disappear... And the hunger was awakened again.
I. MUST. FEED!
♠ ♠ ♠
Heres the next chapter!:) I know it took awhile but heehee it's cause I've made like five Chapters;)