‹ Prequel: You Left Me To Wonder
Status: Kind of a day to day thing

Finding Me

Tunnel Vision

I ask myself the same question too often. If there really is a greater force out there, a God, or Abba, or Buddha, or whatever else there is, how can they let such terrible things happen to good people?

It only takes a second for lives to be lost or changed. Or, as I have seen, possibly both.

How can somebody who had so much going for suddenly have nothing left to fight for? Is it humanly possible to lose all hope?

I see and feel the sunlight as it streaks across our faces. Your eyes light up, and then he walks into the room, and they die. I want to tell you everything will work out, but I can't promise that.

They tell us that we can be anything we want to be, way back when. But that's a load of bull. I will never be like Beyonce, never be able to dunk on a basketball hoop.

I think that in truth, our futures are already decided for us. Some are bright, like lightning in a summer storm. Others, however, will never shine quiet as brightly.

I want to find the change, find away to make all this pain and anger go away for you, Emma. I want to hear your laugh from all the way down the hall like I could last year.

But we can't have everything. We can only take the cards we've been dealt, and do the best we can.