Questions

Answer 11

Image

I was out in cold, snowy, icy, frigid, white California, yes, California. I was finally out of Missouri. You have no idea how happy I am to be out of there, even if it’s just for two and a half weeks. And what’s better? I have a boyfriend, finally someone to love me, though we sort of made a promise that we’d go out. It’s official now. And do you want to know what’s even better then that? My boyfriend is my best friend of over ten years. I never though I would be able to get him out of the closet he had lived in for eighteen years. But, better late then never, right?

Chris is the kind of boyfriend all those teenaged girls dream of. He’s kind, loving and always calls me by some pet name. He loves the simple things about me, little quirks that I myself, don’t really like. He loves my height. He thinks it’s adorable. Its not, I always need his help to reach stuff in the apartment. Second he loves my lip ring, which I took out, about a week ago. I think I look stupid with so many piercings. He thinks I look good when I don’t do my hair and walk around the apartment in sweats. Geez, now here I am sounding like a girl.

The only problem so far, since I’ve been out here? Chris’ homophobic parents flew out two days ago and stole Chris for a day. I lost a day to spend with him, by his parents, who hate me. They stayed at the apartment leaving Grant and I to hang at the mall all day. Not. Fun. We weren’t expecting to see them at all today, so we were all just going to chill out. It was just going to be another day with him… along with Grant, Cameron, Stephen and Cady. I had no idea when the three were supposed to arrive, but at this moment, I didn’t care.

I was under the covers snuggled up against Chris. It was perfect, the moments like this we shared. I know Chris was awake when he kisses my forehead. His lips trail up and down my jaw line. I squeak, inching away from him.

"Chris, 'm trying to sleep. We can kiss later." I grumble, hiding under the covers, or at least attempting to.

His fingers run up my sides, lightly brushing them. "Jord, it's eight. Come on, I want to kiss." He kisses my nose, the action causing me to wiggle it.

"Happy? Now let me sleep.” I fake-groan, closing my eyes. I wasn’t really that tired and he knew it was a joke as well.

"Jor, come on let's get up. Cady and Stephen are going to be here soon."

I sigh over-dramatically, getting up. I grab a pair of clothes, both articles of clothing being presents from Chris. I wonder if he noticed I didn’t grab boxers…

I wash my hair quickly knowing that very soon Chris would be outside smoking and maybe, just maybe, I could catch him before he goes out to smoke and convince him otherwise. As long as I was around him, he didn’t dare light up a cigarette, which is how his pack a day habit had become a single cigarette a day one.

I pull the shirt over my torso, walking to Chris’ and I shared room. I frown when I don’t see him. Damn. I grab a hoodie and then layer another Jacket on top of it. I open the door, it squeaking as I do so. I find Chris rigidly fighting the cold, a cigarette held in his hand. I sigh, standing as close to him as physically possible. My nose scrunches together at the smell of the smoke.

"I wish you'd quit. You only smoke once a day.” I mumble, shiver at a gust of wind. He just had to go to a college in the snowy part of California.

"I know. Tomorrow, I'll try not to." He replies, smooshing the bud in the ash tray. I smile at the response, intertwining our hands, leading him into the apartment. We end up on the couch, watching some random show on the TV. I was only half paying attention to it. I was mostly preoccupied with Chris hand drawing weird shapes on my hips.

I hear the front door open and three pairs of footsteps. I can just barely hear Cameron describe everything to Stephen and Cady. They walk into the living room and out of my peripheral vision I can see Cameron grinning at the two of us.

"And here's the living room, where you can see Chris and Jordan cuddling." You can even hear the smirk in his voice. I roll my eyes, smiling to my two friends. I almost laugh the look on their faces. They were most certainly gawking at how close Chris and I were. Chris never so much as hugged people before I forced him out of the closet.

Stephen smiles, "Hey Jor, hey Chris, it's been a while man." Stephen smiles, shaking our hands before; Cady kisses out cheeks and greets us as well.

I move around in Chris lap, idly talking with Stephen about anything that may have happened since I’ve been out here. I feel eyes on me and turn and look at Chris. I nibble on my lip, it made me nervous when people are transfixed on me for an extended amount of time.

"Your neck." He giggles. I involuntarily touch at my neck, wincing as I feel a slight pain. Damn Chris and his lips.

“Finally.” Cameron shouts.

"What... Jordan... Are you two...?” Cady goes to ask but she gets interrupted.

"THE FUCK IS THAT ON YOUR NECK?" Cameron yells, moving my hair to ‘properly’ stare at my hickey. "Chris, you gave the kid a hickey! That counts as stealing innocence!" He exclaims, as I feel the heat rush to my cheeks. I bury my head in Chris chest, hiding from everyone else. I hear Chris lightly chuckle at Cameron.

"Are you two dat- wait no, first question; Chris are you straight." Stephen asks. We both quickly explain that yes, Chris was gay, and yes the two of us were dating. Cady was so excited. I had confided with her first that I liked Chris.

Chris gets a call a little later and takes in outside. I excuse myself and follow him outside after I count to sixty. Chris hangs up his phone with a smile, not even noticing me. I tug on his jacket, asking who had called him.

“My dad. He and my mom are heading home today because of the snow.” I flinch. His dad hated me the most out of everyone I knew. I smile though after he mentions that I wouldn’t have to deal with his parents anymore.

We walk into the kitchen, hand in hand. I sit on the counter, placing my hands on his shoulders. He threads his arm around my waist. I touch our lips together. They both move together slowly. I hear the front door open, not stopping to question who it could possibly be.

“Sorry, Christofer, I’ll only be minute. I forgot my- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” His mother shrieks, Chris’ homophobic father at her side, glaring daggers at me.

No, this couldn’t be happening. This wasn’t how Chris was planning on telling his parents. I just screwed up his coming out.

His parents glare at me, both glares sickeningly scary. They don’t even look at Chris. All their anger is directed at me. The ‘fag’ who’s kissing their son

"Chris, what is he doing here?" His mother asks, eyes not leaving me.

I cower behind Chris, this was the worst his parents have ever scared me. I wonder how Chris is doing. He was about to be disowned by his parents. We both knew this, hell I bet everyone in the living room knows.

“He's visiting us." Chris replies, voice strong, though he’s slightly shaking.

"Why were you kissing the fag?" His father roars.

Chris looks at me before answer. He grabs my hand, pulling out into the open, showing his parents. "We're dating, Dad. This is my boyfriend, you already know Jordan."

"This is some kind of joke, right?" Chris shakes his head at his mother’s question.

"You’re disgusting." his father yells, "this is unnatural and against God. You're going to hell, Christofer. You and your gay ass boyfriend. I guess we're never getting the grandkids we want."

The two go back and forth and I can’t help but get sicker as this goes on. Chris was yelling. I had never heard Chris raise his voice. He hated arguing. Him yelling, made me feel so much worse. This was all my fault. If only they could have found out a different way then this. My grip on the back of Chris’ shirt gets tighter and tighter, until my knuckles are white and practically begging me to release my grip.

I wish his parents would accept him. I wish they wouldn’t hate me. I wish they didn’t make my peaceful Chris shout. I felt so hopeless watching them fight. I wish I had the balls to stick up for Chris and my relationship. I’m such a failure as a boyfriend.

“Get your shit now, we’re going to have a long talk about this.” His father barks.

“No we aren’t Dad!” Chris shouts back.

Things after that seem to work in a slow motion.

Chris dad’s fist collides with Chris’ nose. I gasp moving towards him, trying to at least. His dad pushes me back; my head hits the cabinets with a bone chilling bang. I close my eyes an intense pain taking in over. I can hear grunting and I know that his dad is beating him up. I try and fight back the burning tears.

Cameron, Grant and Stephen can all be heard in the background yelling, grabbing on to my dad trying to pull him off me. Cady kneels down next to me and smoothes out my hair, whispering to me.

I open my eyes when I hear the sirens. The really loud sirens that were outside our apartment. I wonder who called the police.

There’s rush of four police officers entering our house and escorting Chris’ parents out of the apartment. His dad is stuffed into the police car.

Chris comes over to my side and kisses my nose. I’m slightly surprised he can move. He wraps his arms around me muttering. “I’m so sorry that this had to happen. I’m so sorry you had to get hurt.” I cry more at this. This was my fault not his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so three questions!
What do you think of the layout?
And what do you think of the story in Jordan's PoV?
What should come first angst, or more of Chris' parents?

I think I'll update in a week or two, depending on how motivated I am.
Thanks<3:
Juli_Tabouli
loveislouder