Questions

Question 2

Image

Looking down at the clock at the bottom of my laptop screen I sigh. This one sided conversation was getting played and it was getting played fast. I inject ‘mhhms’ and ‘ohhs’ and even inserting a “Good job,’ when necessary. But really, it was getting annoying listening to the same story for an hour.

“Jordan, I know you feel accomplished that you got Cady and Stephen together, but I really am tired of hearing about it. Its all you talked about for an hour.”

I hear Jordan let out a deflated sigh, “It’s just a big deal to me, Chris! I mean, this is half a year of my work! I’m just proud of it!”

“I know you are, Jor. I am too; I’m proud of you, I just have homework to do, and if this all you’re going to talk about, I think I should be doing my homework instead. And don’t take that offensively, because I want to hear about your day, really I do. Just not the same thing over and over again.”

“Okay.” He says dispiritedly, by the tone in his voice I know he’s pouting. I hear shuffling in the background and am guessing he’s moving to his bed. He always did this when he had something important to say.

“Chris… Chris, how’s college?” the boy on the other line asks.

“It’s good, besides the homework and the classes.”

“So, is it just that fact that you’re living in an accepting town?”

“Pretty much.”

“Chris…” Jordan starts but stops.

“Yes, Jordan?”

“What are you doing during the winter break?”

I smile, “Staying out in here in California, what about you?”

“Umm… well… I was wondering… if I could fly out there and see you?”

I grin, "I'd like that, I think Grant and Cameron miss you too. I haven't seen you since August and it's nearly the end of November!"

"I know it's been a while. Umm, speaking of Grant and Cam, do they know about you, yet?" Jordan asks sheepishly, knowing this was a touchy subject.

I let out a breath, "Soon, babe, I promise. When you come up, I'll tell them, if I haven't already."

There's another awkward pause before Jordan speaks again. "Um Chris, I was wondering... Umm... You're still waiting for me right?"

He sounded so cute, "yes Jordan I am." I look up as the dorm room door opens, "speak of the devils, Cam and Grant are back."

Jordan has me say hi to them and just as were about to go back to talking Grant grabs my phone, "Hey Jordan! How's Joplin? Still close minded. Just wait until you graduate and come out to college in bright 'ol Cali. You'll love this place. Cam says hi by the way. Wait! What happened with Cady and Stephen? Get out!"

I roll my eyes and start typing up an essay that was due in a week, while Grant and Cameron take turns talking to Jordan. I start to zone out too, typing away before:

"Jordan, you're not ugly or fat. Don't listen to those homophobic douche bags. If I were gay, I'd totally date you." Cameron responds.

"Yeah," Grant grabs the phone back, "if I were gay I'd be all over you about us having sex."

I start choking on my own salvia, heat running to my cheeks, reddening them.

"And Chris over there, I can only guess the things the two of you would do if you were gay."

But I am, I think inwardly. I should come out to them, I know they won't think differently of me, I just don't want thing to be awkward in our dorm.

"Well it was nice talking to you Jordan, but I think its about time we give Chris his phone back. You might be coming here soon? Well I guess we might see you then."

The phone is thrust into my face as Cameron and Grant go back to talking about some girl the two saw.

"Hey, so you're sure you don't mind if I fly over for the break?" he asks

"I'm positive; we have a free bed here, so you can stay here. It's not like Cam or Grant would be upset."

"Okay, well I'll order the ticket tonight... Um I kinda told my mom about you. She promised not to say anything to anyone. I just needed to talk to her about stuff and for the plane she wouldn't let me otherwise. She had her suspicions about us and I just-"

"Jordan, it's okay."

"Oh, good, I was afraid you were going to yell at me."

"I could never lie to you-" I stop myself remembering I wasn't alone.

"I know I'm just too cute." I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Yeah, totally." I respond sarcastically.

"Hey!"

"Jordan I have to go, I have two hours to do my work and then I have to leave for work. I'll talk to you later"

"Can you call me after you're done working?"

"That's kind of midnight there, kid. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Fucking time zones," he mutters, letting out and unamused sound, "okay, so I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night Chris."

"Night Jordan."

I close my phone and look over to Cam and Garret, both are grinning.

"What?" I ask.

"Did he forget the two hour difference, again?" Garret asks.

"Yeah... Why?"

"That’s just adorable. Seriously it's a wonder how that kid doesn't have guys lining out to date him." Cameron states

"Cuz there's no gays in Joplin and from sound of it; he's crushing on a certain brunette, with tattoos, who's a freshman in college." Garret says.

"Hmm, wonder who that could be *coughChriscough*," Cameron fake coughs.

I roll my eyes, "Really guys?"

"You haven't realized?" Garret asks.

"I'm not answering that."

"Oh Chris you knew... You're not leading him on are you? Cuz you guys talk on the phone everyday like a freaking couple." Cameron points out.

"Chris, if you are and you break his heart, I'm breaking hour arm."

"I would never do that! I could never hurt Jordan." I put my hands out in defense.

The two look between each other before Garret starts speaking. I knew what was coming. I was hoping I was wrong. I wasn't ready.

"...Chris..."
No

"...are..."

Not now.

"...gay?"

Fuck.

I bite my lip, looking down at my laptop and saving what I was working on, promptly shutting it down. I grab a hoodie and slide on my lophers. "I'm going for a walk."

"Hey, Chris, come on just give us an answer. We're you're friends. We accepted Jordan, do you really think we wouldn't de the same for you?”

“I don’t feel like talking about this.” I mutter, trying to pass Grant. He stands in my way though.

“Chris please, we’re just curious. And stop making jokes about you dating girls. Please Chris.” Grant pleads, while I try to push around him, failing. “Chris fine, I’ll stop asking, just don’t leave, please?”

“I have work,” I mutter, continuing my goal of passing him

“Chris, you just said you had work in two hours, sit the hell down and breathe.”

I comply, better to what he says, then to go against them and have a fight. Its not like he would hurt me, I’d probably push through (eventually) and fall foreword.
Both of them stare intently at me from where they're standing. I bite my lip and look at the floor. Their eyes bore into me and I start to fidget around.

"Will you guys stop that?" I ask, voice barely above a whisper.

"Stop what?" Grant asks.

"Freaking staring at me."

I bite my lip harder as they continue. I breathe in deeply then exhale. I look at the two of them.

"Fine you win, yes I am."

""You’re what, Chris?" Cameron asks in mock confusion.

I inhale, "you got me, I'm gay."

The two then squeal, legit squeal, engulfing me in a too tight hug.

"Awwww Chris, if you and Jordan date you'll make the cutest couple!" Cameron comments.

"Or are you two already?"

"Umm, not yet, were waiting until were both in college."

Grant nods, smirk forming on his face. "Are we going to need to signal for when Jordan and you two are alone, so we don’t walk in on you two doing anything dirty?... DON’T CORRUPT OUR DEAR, INNOCENT JORDAN!”

"Shut up, Grant." I mumble blushing at the ground.

"Chris is right Grant, shut up. Now," Cameron pauses," Chris, do you two have protection?" he tries to say seriously and breaks out laughing mid sentence.

"You guys are two much." I sigh.

"We’re just happy for you man."
♠ ♠ ♠
So next chapter ensues some Chrisdan (Chris and Jordan's pairing name that me and my friend made)

So if this chapter isn't as amazing as the last one.