Questions

Question 3

Image

Standing in the airport I can't help but feel excited, but nervous at the same time. This was the first time I'd get to see Jordan in months, this I'd all the first time we'd be able to be close... for the most part. Grant was going to be back home for the break and Cameron was leaving in four days. I was nervous because from the sound of it my parents wanted to fly out to see me. If they saw Jordan there, things were not going to be good.

Both my parents were never really fond of Jordan. I always heard then making jokes about him and commenting that he was going to burn in hell. They even told me multiple times I was NOT allowed to bring him into the house because, “What were the neighbors going to think of me?” Eventually I even had to explain to Jordan why he wasn’t allowed over my house. His facial expression killed me, especially when he started crying. He couldn’t understand why his preference of guys instead of girls could make my parents not like him. And to be honest, neither am I.

It was going to be great to be able to be with Jordan and get to cuddle, something I had really been looking forward to. Maybe we could move closer to a relationship, it's what we both want, but this was a thousand mile plus distance relationship. I couldn’t push anything to fast. I didn't want it to crumble away.

I look at a huge television screen in the airport, looking for the screen that said which flights were departing, arriving or delayed. I smile at the screen as it highlights the letter of the Joplin flight stating it had just landed. I quicken my pace in the right direction to meet him at baggage claim. I wanted to be able to surprise him. I had told him that I couldn’t make it to pick him up and that he was going to have to take a cab. I love on his face when he’s surprised. It’s so priceless.

I gaze around for my petite brunette... At least he should be short... Maybe he grew a bit. I grin at the thought, but highly doubt it. Both of his parents were short.

I look over all the tall, well-dressed businessman, and families. I fail to see him, continuing my glances. Then my eyes land on him, yup still as short as ever. He was bundled up in a puffy jacket, as there was about two feet of snow littering the usual green earth. The jacket looks as if it ate his torso. His cheeks were rosy and there was a scarf secured around his neck. He was standing around the machine that spun the luggage around. His eyes perk up as his eyes land on a familiar duffle bag. It was the same one I had got him to replace his decrepit old one for his birthday.

I take this as my time to sneak up on my, my grin matching that of a Cheshire cat. I wrap my arms around his waist. He jumps spinning around the best he can in my grasp. His hazel eyes land on me and the tension leaves his body. He sends me a shy smile and puts his arms around as well. His feet go on top of mine and we rock slowly back and forth. I squeeze him tighter then release him placing a soft kiss on his nose. His face lights up and I'm pretty sure it was redder then the glass ornaments we have of the Christmas tree.

"Hey babe, how are you?" I ask, grabbing his hands and holding them in front of us.

"Great. But… you told me you weren’t going to be here." he gets a small grin at the word babe, and it causes me to grin as well.

“I wanted to surprise you.” His smile gets bigger as I finish my answer.

"You’re so awesome, Chris. So, how about you?" he asks me.

"Wonderful, because I have you for two weeks."

He giggles and we start to walk the exit. I hear him mutter to himself a few times but it's the last thing I hear that has me speak up, "Jordan calm down, it's not Joplin, two guys holding hands is very common here."

He nods and hugs me as we get hit by a frigid breeze. I smirk a bit, it was about negative twenty here, a big difference from Joplin. Jordan would be colder then usual...

Jordan + cold = snuggling. Simple math.

I take off one of my jackets and hand it to him. In record speed he pulls off his heavy jacket, slides on mine and pulls his back on. And as if a second thought to him, "you won't be cold now... Will you?" he asks noticing my lack of warm clothing.

"I'll be fine you get used to it. It's been like this since the end of October."

He shakes his head, “I’m having second thoughts about coming here next year."

"Don’t back out on me n- did you say next year!"

He nods sheepishly, "yeah... I picked up some extra credits this summer and can graduate this year. That's okay, right?"

"Hell yes!" I respond opening the car door for him. His face flushes again. “You can finally get out of that shit town!”

He laughs a little, “Well there’s that too, but I just really want to be with you.” He looks away, timid voice whispering.

I nod, opening the door for him on my car. He blushes and sits down. I get in on the other side and put my key in the ignition. As we’re pulling out of the airport’s parking lot, I ask, “So Jor, are you hungry?”

He shakes his head, “No.”
I nod and keep driving until we come up the apartment- the one Grant, Cameron and I were renting. I immediately recognize the car Cameron and Grant were sharing in the one of the parking spaces. I turn off the car and we both get out.

In literally the first two seconds Jordan is in the apartment Cameron jumps him. He’s squeezing the kid and saying how much he missed him and Jordan’s trying his damnedest to get away.

“Chrissssss, help me!” Jordan calls his arms flying in my direction. I just grin in return and stay in my place. “Pleeeeaaaasssseee Chris?”

“I just missed you Jordan. Why can’t you just embrace this hug?” Cameron pouts, still hugging Jordan.

“Because you’re cutting off my breathing!”

“Sooooooo?”

“Cam just let him go.”

“You’re gonna have enough time when I’m gone to spoon him, I’m just getting my time in now.” Cameron grins, finally releasing Jordan from the hug.

I blush and look away.

“They know?” Jordan whispers looking at me.

“That we do Jordan, just make sure Chris here doesn’t steal your precious innocence or you won’t be the same little Jordan we all know and love.” Cameron rants.

I look over at Jordan to see him red again. Man was it easy to make him blush. “Cameron, are you drunk or something?”

“Pshhhh, no just messing around with you guys.” And with that he walks into kitchen.

I shake my head and look back over to Jordan, “Want me to show you where you’re sleeping?”

He nods and follows me. I point to a bed that is across from another. He places his duffle bag down and lays his head on the pillow. “That your bed?” he asks pointing to the one I am now currently sitting on.

“Yuiop. Cam and Grant have the other room. We decided since you were eventually going to come out here for college we’d just set it up like this.”

“Right. What times is it?” he asks.

“Its only eight… something.”

“Mhhhmmm,” he mutters closing his eyes. “Tired.”

I grin at how childish he sounds. “Then sleep Jor. Everyone’s still going to be here tomorrow.”

“’Kay, night Chris.”

“Night Jordan,” I say getting up to head out of the room to talk to Cameron.

“Umm, Chris?”

“Yes, babe?”

“Can you… umm can you make blueberry and banana pancakes tomorrow.”

“Course dear, good night.”

“Nigghhhht.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the delay :(
But I'm back, for the most part :)

Would this chapter make you think bad things are to come?