Questions

Question 5

Image

We walk into the church slowly. Jordan's eyes dart back at first looking at everyone. He rings out his hands. I slip my hand into his, and he basically jumps.

"Come on, there's some one you need to meet." I guide him through the pews and bring him up to an older man. He's wearing red and white. His head is bald and he's holding a book, while talking to himself.

"Father," the man turns, smiling at me.

"Why hello Chris, how are you?"

"I'm great, Father, how are you?”

"Good, good, I'm fine." his gaze turns to Jordan and then down to our linked hands. A joyous smile lights up his face. "Chris, who is your friend? Is this the boy you’re always talking about?"

"That he is, father, this is Jordan. Jordan, this is Father Vincent."

They shake hands. Jordan gives me a strange look.

"It's nice to meet you Jordan; I’ve heard so many things about you, mostly from Chris. You seem like a nice boy. Tell me Jordan, when was the last time you went to church?"

Jordan looks a little apprehensive but answers, "When I was 15, so almost two years."

Father Vincent nods, "Chris told me about where you two came from. I want you to know, we accept everyone here. We aren’t like Joplin. We don't leave anybody out."

Jordan nods, unsurely. "I... What kind of church is this?"

"Universal Unitarian," Father Vincent answers. "I hope I'm not over stepping, Chris, but have you popped the question yet." he waves his eyebrows in Jordan's direction.

I look down at the floor, shaking my head. I can feel the heat rise to my face. I rub at my cheeks, looking up when the heat is released from my face.

Father Vincent nods at me. "Well, son, I think you should get on this."

"Thank you Father." we depart and find a pew in the middle. We listen closely as until he finishes the sermon.

Jordan practically skips out of the church, his gloved hair tightly gripping mine. We're about four meters from the car when he turns around and throws his hands around my waist. He squeezes me, hands gripping on my coat. "Thank you so much. I can't believe I actually had a good time in a church." he has a look of deliberation before rising to his tip toes and kissing me. His cheeks are red afterwards. I smile, he was so cute. I kiss his nose and open his door for him.

-------

"Gah, Chris how am I supposed to buy you something for Christmas if I can't leave on my own. Let me go with Cameron. I'll be back in an hour, please let me up."

I frown, getting off the couch and off of Jordan. He smiles and meekly kisses my cheek.

"Thanks, dear." he gingerly walks to our room and Cameron joins me back on the couch.
“‘Thanks dear'" he repast mockingly, "you two act like an old couple. Did you even ask him out yet?"

I shake my head. "Not yet."

Cameron frowns, "better get a move on it. I leave tomorrow. And then that gives you five days until Grant flies back. And only seven days until I get back as well. I can't wait for New Years. We can have the best time... Grant and I, bought a shit load of silly string."

"Didn’t Cady and Stephen say they were flying out too? Just to like chill and spend New Years?"

"yeah, Cady's dad racked up enough frequent flyer miles to fly both of them out for only thirty-something dollars."

"Wow that's good... Where are they going to sleep? I mean there's the couch... But that's only one spot." I question.

"Well... We were thinking by that time you and Jordan would be sharing a bed... You seem like you’re almost at that point." he laughs.

"You guys are terrible." I roll my eyes. “But, who knows, we may already be doing that."

Cameron arches an eye brow. “Excuse me? And I missed this?"

I laugh, getting off the couch. "I'm going to check on him."

I walk into the room, and Jordan is standing in front of his suitcase. He looks over at me and smiles, "the blue or the black pants?"

"The blue," I reply. Jordan blushes as he strips down and re-dresses in a fresh pair of clothes. I smirk and slap his ass as we walk out of the bedroom.

"Oh Chris, you pervert, what did you do to our innocent Jordan?"

"Nothing." Jordan replies, hugging me. I place my lips lovingly on his head.

"Bye, you two." I smile waving from the door as the get in the car and drive away.

I get up from my seat and decide to set up more Christmas decorations. I dig through a bag that Cameron had bought the other day. Having some suspicions when he said he bought more decorations. I soon come across, the item I had a feeling he purchased. Mistletoe. I roll my eyes. He was so predictable, attached to the mistletoe, though, was a note.

Hey Chris, I thought you’d go snooping and find this. This is for your bedroom door.

I obey, stringing it up to my door, securing it with a thumb tack. This would be interesting. I walk into my room next, grabbing a seemingly ordinary box out from under my bed. I unpack my summer clothes, which shielded the true purpose of the box. I pull out Jordan’s gifts and set them down on my bet. I go to retrieve the wrapping paper, scissors, etc. for wrapping.

I carefully fold each shirt and pair of pants I bought him. By the time I’m done with these, I have six small packages. I reach back into the hiding place and pull out one more thing. It’s a tiny velvet box. I lovingly, wrap the box. Jordan would probably flip when he saw it, but I’d have to ask him out first. Then on Christmas day I could give him the promise ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah... this story is so behind. I was suppose to Have the six chapter done for tomorrow, and this one was supposed to be up earlier, but oh well. As long as i have the New Years chapter up on time.

Four comments? And how do you guys feel about the two having sex? Just curious.