Questions

Question 7

Image

"Hi Mom, dad how are you?" I greet, faking enthusiasm to see them. I'd rather be spending time with Jordan. Christmas was just to short. There's never enough time in the day to make out. Jordan would agree. I don't think Grant will though... He kinda walked in on us making out. Apparently we should have warned him, or at least put a sock on the door.

My parents glance around the apartment, nodding in approval. Jordan, Grant and I had spent the last day vacuuming everything, and I mean everything. We vacuumed the walls, yeah pointless, but we did.

My mom sweeps her finger over a counter when she thinks I'm not looking. Smiling at my father, she shows him her dirtless finger. How was I related to these people?

I lead them to the living room part of the apartment offering them the couch. They oblige, watching me sit as well. I offer them a small smile. Shit was awkward.

"So how's college Chris? You better be passing." my father states, harshly looking at me. He refuses to make any eye contact with me. The day I get married to some 'nice white girl' will be the first time he'll do it.

"College is good. I have a 3.8 GPA, it's the highest out of everyone here." my dad nods.

"So what do you kids do for fun here? They're doesn't look like much to do."

I roll my shoulders, “there really isn't. So that's really the only way everyone really focuses on school. There's little talk about parties." the most to do was to go to the mall or the enclosed zoo. I'm not mentioning either though. I had no idea where Grant had taken Jordan.

"So where's the Christmas tree? You did put one up right?" my mom asks, eyes darting around.

"Yeah we did, we took it down already. There was so many pine needles everywhere yesterday. Some managed to make it to the bathroom. I wasn't sure how that happened."

My mom nods. "Do you mind if I get a drink?"

"Yes I do, you're my guest what can I get you?" I force a smile, if I hadn't I knew my dad would have said something about me being disrespectful and not appreciative that they flew out to see me. I mean I did want them to know I didn't want to see them... but I didn't want the hitching that would accompany it.

"What do you have?"

I bite at my spiderbites, "juice and water... And maybe milk, I have no idea if Grant bought any."

She nods, "still on your little 'vegan phase,' I see." she mutters. I clench my fist. They thought everything was a phase. They thought my love for music was a phase, just like if they found out, they'd think my homosexuality was a phase. "I'll have water, dear."

I nod, looking over to my father, "Do you want anything to drink, dad?" he shakes his head, as I traipse into the kitchen. I grab a freshly cleaned glass out of the dishwasher, filling it with water.

I head back and hand her the glass, sitting back down. She smiles.

"So Christofer, do you have a girlfriend?" my father asks, his cold brown eyes' glancing hovering over my forehead.

"No, Dad, I'm to busy with college. I have to keep my mind on school first, then girls."

My dad frowns, "well you better hurry up, your mother and I expect grandkids before you turn twenty-five."

I glare at him in my head. Even if I was straight, there's no way I was having kids that young. I wouldn't even be out of college by then, if he expects me to become the 'lawyer' he always wanted me to be.

"Dad I'm still going to be in School by then, don't you think that's a little ridiculous?" I ask. If he wanted grandkids, he better have another child and pray it's straight. Or accept that he'd have non-biological grandkids.

"Well that's what your mother and I are for. We'll take care of them." he replies smugly. I internally moan...

Wait...

"Them? You expect more then one?" I ask astonished.

"Well, yes, you'll have one, then a set of twins and maybe one more."

I shake my head, "that's way too many. I can barely see myself managing one child, let alone four."

"Like I said, that's what your mother and I are for."

I close my eyes, and then turn to my mother. She looked just as adamant as my dad. I sigh, I wasn't going to win this argument, but I already knew I won the battle.

"Chris," my mother smiles, "it's the gift of life, it's a beautiful thing." she smiles, it soon flips as her rocky eyes lock on something behind me. “Who’s are those?" he words are harsh, my heart skipping a beat, dint tell me I left something of Jordan's out in the open.

I turn reluctantly. My heart was beating erratically I didn't want this conversation with my parents yet. I wasn't ready.

I take a sigh of relief, it was just my cigarettes. I thought by now my parents knew I smoked. I've been doing so for three years. It's a bad habit, I know. Jordan lectures me about it everyday. I've cut down though because of him, so he's happier. Instead of a pack a week, it's a pack every other week.

"It’s a pack of cigarettes, mom." I reply, writing off her previous question.

"I didn't ask what, Christofer, I asked who's" my mother grits her teeth at me.

"Oh, those are mine."

My dad makes a disgusted face at me, “Since when do you smoke?”

I didn’t like where this was going. “I was fifteen when I started.” My mother glares at the pack of cigarettes.

“It’s a nasty habit. You should really quit.”

“I know, I know. I’m trying. I’ve cut down a lot.”

My mom nods.

-

“Bye Mom, bye dad. Am I seeing you two tomorrow, or are you going to spend the day around town?”

“We’re going to be in town tomorrow and Wednesday. We’ll go out to eat together Wednesday night, okay?”

I nod, “Bye, see you then.” I hug my mother and shake my father’s hand. I let out a sigh of exhaustion and lay down on the couch. It was so hard to try and please them. I was glad they didn’t break into war mode when they found out I smoked. They were probably in there car right now asking what I had done wrong while raising me to get me to start smoking. Well… if they asked I could give them maybe… about five. I reach for my phone sending two quick messages to Grant and Jordan that my parents left.

Was it bad that I missed Jordan this much, already?

I hear the door click open, feet thumping towards me. I feel a sudden weight on top of me and a pair of soft lips on mine.

I grin, opening my eyes, “Hello to you too, Jord.” I kiss his nose and wrap my arms around him.

There’s a quick, bright light. It leaves as soon as it comes. We turn towards Grant, holding his arms up in defense with a camera in one hand.

“What? You guys are too cute! These aren’t going to leave this apartment. Oh and Cameron’s coming back tomorrow and he’s bringing out the two lovebirds. Be warned. He said they’re expecting some really bad weather in Joplin.”

“Fuck.” I whisper. Jordan tilts his head at me in confusion. “That means my parents will be here longer. This could ruin our New Years. ”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! This was on a lost flash drive! It was half way finished and I finished the chapter today.

Is anyone else excited for the Glamour Kills Tour? I'm so excited for it.

Will Chris' parents leave before the storm, or will they be stuck blocking the love of the two?
----

Also i have a two-shot here. I'd appreciate it if you'd check it out... and maybe comment?