30 Letters

Day 01

Dear Best Friend(s),

To be honest with you, I don't have a true best friend. Don't misunderstand. I am many a persons' best friend, more than you could count on your fingers twice over. But these people just walk in and out of my life.

It's not like I'm antisocial, not at all. In fact, I'm quite charismatic and several times I've been told that my personality is very irresistible. But I don't trust easily; I will never jump into relationships. I will scrutinize a person discreetly but keenly—is this person worth it? Can I confide in this person and they not judge me? Would I be able to trust this person with my life?

There is one, though.

I could tell you anything: my problems, my joys, my dreams; secrets once under lock and key. Other people see me as a strong, confident person, but I could sob out my phobias and insecurities to you. You were tender, but forceful; you gave me just the kick in the ass I need without sugarcoating it. We used to just sit in the sun, neither of us saying a word, and walk away feeling like it's the best conversation we've ever had. You're a brother from another mother and a best friend.

L.D., I've been counting the days I've been away from you, and wish that we would not have been born a year apart. When we see one another again, may our friendship thrive. And, just maybe, you can be my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Saw this somewhere, and I wanted to do it. Hopefully, this whole thing will benefit me in some way.