30 Letters

Day 02

Dear Crush,

I fear I missed my chance, Crush.

We liked each other, back in sixth grade. You were a dork with a bad haircut, you weren't that cute, and everyone thought you were annoying. I was going through a phase of terrible long, comb-over hair and tasteless emo kid apparel. I laugh when I think of how I influenced you; you looked quite ridiculous walking around with that checkered arm warmer.

But really, we were nothing more than best friends that held hands, hugged between classes, and got cutest couple in the yearbook. There was a tiny spark inside of our awkward puppy love, but it faded and we drifted.

Now, everyone loves you. People drift toward you, instead of away. You suddenly got these boyish good looks; your personality hasn't changed much from your outlandish, spastic character, but you're much more lovable now.

It's a cute feeling, really. Your presence intrigues me and I'd like to know more about you, since I didn't learn much way back when. My heart skips when you say you love me, even though I know you don't mean it that way; even though you say that to everyone. It hurts me to know that you've moved on from our year completely, and I feel as if you're bored of me.

You're amazing, Crush, but you've left me in the dust.