30 Letters

Day 04

Dear Willy,

You distance yourself from me, and I from you. You took advantage of me; I was young, I had no idea. I've moved on from it and I hold no grudges. I still love you as my only brother.

You've always been rough. You bruised me real bad back when we horsed around, but we had a lot of fun. Even though I cried sometimes, and you sometimes got an earful from Mama, it was all in [tough] love. You may have thrown a remote or put a hole in my wall a time or two, also. (That was a bitch to Spackle, asshole.) I went through phases, you thought I was weird, and I thought you were a bloody dumbass. You made a lot of mistakes, and you're far from perfect. But so am I. Then you drifted, were seldom home, had a baby, got married, and left. I was quite happy first, but I missed you later on. Partially because you were always my meat-bag for Mama's anger and partially because you're my big brother.

That one night when you were home from the rig—when we just wasted the afternoon. We didn't slaughter one another, but just talked like normal people, laughing and sharing; acknowledging one another for the first time in months...

I was walking on air. I felt as if in that short time, we had forgotten and forgiven. Hopefully, you felt the same, Bro.

Fuck your Droid,

Roi