30 Letters

Day 05

Dear Mr. Sandman,

You sneak in, your grin hid behind your skeleton mask. A long night cap writhes and creeps and camouflages perfectly with the shadows cast through my window. You carry a bag of sand, huge and disproportionate to your body.

I am barely dozing, but I don't hear you coming.

You giggle hysterically, reach into your burlap bag and clutch a fist of sand. I twitch in my sleep as the cool grains gather like pools around my eyes. Then you slip through the window snickering, once again.

Suddenly, my sleep turns deep. I am eaten alive by unearthly creatures with long faces. I murder those close to me, and I cannot stop. I am in a forest, trapped in the burning flora. I am in nothingness, floating.

One, two, and even three nightmares a night... It's rather unpleasant, Mr. Sandman, and I don't wish you to come by any longer. You used to give me such fantastic dreams, but now you are just a nuisance. Some nights, I don't sleep at all.

Please don't come by anymore. I am well equipped with a metal baseball bat, and I intend on using it.

Leave me alone you stupid man-fairy,

Roi
♠ ♠ ♠
Fall Out Boy was playing, and the sandman, and... Yeah. Don't look at me like that.

Not proud of this one, just something done in 10 minutes or so.