Status: Enjoy!!

Remember Me and Don't Let Go

X 2 X

Charlie came to my rescue within moments after I called him. He began calling for an ambulance but something compelled me to stop him.

“Are your parents home?” I asked, now calmer.

“No, why?” He looked at me with confusion, “Amber! She needs a doctor.”

“Let’s just get her to your house and warm her up. I feel like there is going to be a lot of problems if she goes to the hospital…” I murmured.

“Amber, really? She’s probably dying right now!”

“Please, Charlie!” I begged.

Charlie looked at me for a moment before giving in. He scooped her up, bridal style, and jogged to the house with me trailing not too far behind. The warmth of the house greeted us when we stepped inside. Immediately, Charlie put her by the woodstove, which radiated insurmountable heat.

Already, her skin started to become a more natural pallor. I fetched a few blankets from the linen closet only to come back to her sitting against the wall, hyperventilating.

“Hey, hey, you’re okay now.” I cooed, coming to kneel next to her.

Wide brown eyes looked at me with such fear that my heart clenched in sympathy for this unknown girl.

“Who are you?” I murmured as I studied her.

“Who are you?” She retaliated quite viciously.

“My name is Amber Halloway and that’s my boyfriend, Charlie Jennings, over there. We’re not going to hurt you. Can you just tell me your name?” I inched a bit closer to her when she visibly relaxed a bit.

“My name is… is…” Her eyebrows knitted in confusion, “I don’t know what my name is.”

“Check your pockets. Maybe you have some identification on you.” I suggested being that neither Charlie nor I had done so.

The girl patted her pockets but there was no luck. “Oh dear.” She muttered.

“Well, maybe it’ll come back to you.” I told her optimistically.

“Are you hungry?” Charlie, who had remained silent through the whole encounter, now questioned.

The girl looked at him cautiously for a moment before tentatively nodding her head.

As Charlie walked away, the girl stared at me curiously.

“Now, what shall we call you for the time being?”

“Jacob…” I head her faintly whisper.

“Jacob? An odd choice but-“

“No.” She cut me off. “Just a random name that popped into my head. Call me Megan. I like the sound of that name. It feels familiar to me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Megan was her sister, if you don't remember.

I don't think I could ever express how sorry I am that I let this story go on as long as i did without any updates whatsoever.