Status: Enjoy!!

Remember Me and Don't Let Go

X 3 X

When asked, Megan had refused to go to the hospital. She just wanted to get warm and sleep. Which, of course, worried Charlie and I, due to the possibility of her not waking up.

No worries, though, because she woke up fifteen minutes screaming from where she had slept on the couch. Charlie and I, who had been residing in the kitchen silently studying one another and pondering the situation, had come to her rescue.

She clung to Charlie when he had tried to calm down. Currently, though, she was muttering short, random phrases. These phrases consisting of “so cold…”, “like marble,” or “horrid red eyes… screaming…pain,” and so on.

I was wide eyed in panic at some of them. However, there was underlying curiosity at what she had endured before we found her.

“We need to bring you to the hospital…” I murmured as I gently stroked her greasy brown hair.

“No…” She whimpered, “I just need a shower and some clothes. I need to find my way home…”

“But Megan-“

“No.” She cut me off. “Don’t call me that anymore. I can’t- I can’t handle the sound of that bitter name anymore. It makes me want to cry hearing it.” She ended quietly. Megan- I mean, the girl, now fully faced me after she quickly pulled away from Charlie. “Ask me questions.”

“About what?” I hesitantly inquired in confusion.

“Anything. Everything. Just, please, ask me questions.”

“What’s your name?” Charlie interjected.

“I don’t know. Started with an odd letter, though. Next one.” She answered after a pause.

“How do you know the basic alphabet but nothing about who you are, where you came from, or anything in general about your past?” I now asked.

The girl watched me for a moment. “Selective erasing.” She whispered.

“That’s odd. How is that even possible anyways?” Charlie face scrunched in thought.

“Don’t know. Next.”

“Where did you live before?” I ignored Charlie as he thought quietly to himself.

“In a house.” She grinned to show straight teeth.

“Smartass?” I chuckled, glad to see some humor. “Okay, do you like candy?”

“Some, not much. I get a stomach ache to easily.” She answered easily but then froze in shock. “Ask me more stupid, unimportant stuff!”

“Do you like Abercrombie and Fitch?”

“Only if I can get it cheap… My… sister did!”

“What’s your sister’s name?” Charlie interrupted our excited buzz.

The smile, that was on the girl’s face, fell away to be replaced by a grimace. “I don’t know… but I feel like she’s gone. Like a hollow feeling someone would get when a person close to them dies…”

A tense silence entered the room before I quietly broke it. “How old are you?”

“Eighteen, I think. Can’t remember my birthday…”

Charlie began opening his mouth to voice a question but the girl shook her head rapidly. “I’m blank. I can’t think anymore without it hurting my head.”

So we remained silent until the girl said something.
♠ ♠ ♠
POP QUIZ: When is Zeeva's birthday?