Status: Oh hold. Sorry guys. :(

Better Off Dead

Ribbon Bound Hearts

**********

My ears perked up when I heard the human whimper. I looked over and I should see her shifting and she seemed upset. She was still asleep but something wasn’t letting her. It was probably the ongoing thunder. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to stop for a while.

I uncurled my tail and my ears lay back on my head. I was still concerned for the human. I feared she still might be cold.

I got up and did a quick stretch before walking over to the human. I could still smell blood. It was started to scab but I was still worried. She was shivering. My nose brushed against the blanket and I laid down next to her. I didn’t know what to do.

I growled as I could smell another member of my pack approaching the cave. I jumped up and trotted over to the entrance. It was Zacky. He was a log time friend. He was also a black wolf in his form. He had little areas of brown but overall the same like me. He sensed my anger and backed down.

He lowered his head in a submissive way and whimpered. I growled. I really didn’t want to have to explain myself just yet. He tried to look in my house, if you will, but I felt myself snarl.

He wagged his tail and backed off. He knew I wasn’t meaning to be mean but just wanting to be left alone. He wondered off and I walked back in. The human was still shivering. Her arm had fallen even farther from the blanket and was now staring at me like some diseased figure.

I let my paws make their way over there. There were bruises all over her arm. She looked like a Dalmatian. I could see her little scrapes trying to heal. I leaned down and licked across a few. It was common for most animals to lick a wound to help it scab over. So I thought what the hell? Why not try it?

I tired to nudge her arm under the blanket but it didn’t seem to work. I got it as close as I could and then I moved to lay right next to her. She was really cold. Her body slightly turned to me. I’m sure my incoming winter coat was keeping her warm now. I was just hoping the cold wasn’t killing her. I was still concerned about the broken bone too.

She had to be in pain. I was thankful for her sleeping though most of it. I just didn’t know what to do when she wakes up. I mean, do I go into human? Stay wolf so she thinks I’m a dog? Will she panic? Will she try to move and hurt her leg more?

I whined and buried my nose into the blanket. I had no idea what to do. All I know is that I didn’t leave her alone. I brought her here. I mean that was a good thing right? A spared life was something I learned very young. You were always to keep each other safe. It was required of you. You save them or die trying.

Love is love. Strength means you live. That bond makes you the person you are now. That’s why we’re so strong. It was our loving caring selves. I just hope that this latest stunt wasn’t going to affect that. I worked hard to get to this spot.

I’d have to break it to them gently.

I laughed inside my head and closed my eyes. I still hadn’t gotten much sleep. I had a feeling I wouldn’t be getting much more either because if this human wakes she’s going to be in a shit load of pain. Now I know I can’t do anything to help that. Well, I think one of our medic members might know something. I could go ask.

I contemplated going to him and asking him. But I was afraid he’d ask questions.

What could I do?


I knew what I could do.

Try to keep this human live the best I could.
***************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.

Please comment and subscribe. It means a lot to us.

Also, thanks to: HailMisery, and Catharine.