Status: Work in progress

Playing Innocence

Seven strangers with seven different backgrounds living seven very different lives.

Six hours spent crowded into that hotel room making dreams become reality.

Five crimes executed by brand new criminals that shocked a nation.

Four days to get out the country before they’re caught.

Three romances that bloom in a hail of bullets.

Two rival criminal gangs out for blood.

One billion dollars on the line.


* * * * *

An old criminal mastermind has been released from prison and he has a plan. Derek de Raine knows that at sixty with prostate cancer he isn’t going to live long, and before he dies he wants to execute the crime of the century. Unfortunately, he can’t do it alone and his gang loyalties are all burnt out too. Derek isn’t called a mastermind for nothing. Derek creates a plan.

He picks seven perfect strangers from seven different backgrounds. He chooses carefully making sure that his new gang will be able to execute the crime and making sure that everyone he picks will agree because a single no from someone willing to run to the police would tear him apart. Derek carefully hand picks his individuals, and makes a house call to each one with his proposition.

He gives them the invitation and he waits patiently.

Hello. You have been hand picked to join a new organization. You will earn one million dollars if you are willing to step outside the box and risk your own life for one week to plan and execute the robbery of the century. A private jet and off seas bank account has already been set up in your name. To accept this offer you must be at The Eagle Motel on July 7th by nine o’clock. Bring no one, tell no one, and bring everything you wish to keep.

Seven people find seven invitations, and a whole new league of criminals in born.
  1. Derek De Raine
    The trials and tribulations of love