Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 10

"I can't stay here." Keegan said to herself. Now she realized why she moved out of her parents house. Her parents wouldn't let her stay up past twelve. She had keep the volume on the tv in her old room really low just so her parents wouldn't bitch about it.

She grabbed her phone and dialed her home number. It rang three times before Chloe answered. "Hello." She groaned.

"Did I wake you?" Keegan asked.

Chloe yawned. "Yea." She said. Keegan could hear the creaking of the bed springs as Chloe sat up. "It's okay though." She said. "What's up?"

"Do you know if the guys left yet?" Keegan asked.

"Um, I don't think so." Chloe said. "I think they all crashed in the living room."

"Fuck..." Keegan sighed.

"I don't think Zacky is here though." Chloe informed her. "I haven't seen him since the party started."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea... why?"

"I can't stay here." Keegan said. "I love my parents to death, but I can't stay."

"I understand." Chloe laughed.

"So, I should be over there in a while." Keegan said.

"All right. Make sure nothing is wrong with Jason's car. He still doesn't know you have it."

"He didn't know you gave it to me?" Keegan asked in shock.

"No." Chloe giggled. "So bring it back in one piece."

Keegan held onto her over-night bag as she made her way inside her house. All the guys were asleep in the living room, just like Chloe said. Jimmy woke up after she closed the door. He had this lazy grin on his face. "What are you doing here?" He asked her. She jumped at his voice. "I thought you were staying with your parents."

"I tried." She laughed softly.

"She couldn't hang." Brian sighed as he rolled over on the sofa.

"Whatever." Keegan smiled. She made her way up the stairs. Saying that the house was a mess would be an understatement. It looked like a tornado had been in there. Keegan poked her head inside Chloe and Jason's room. Chloe was sitting in bed against the head board while Jason was fast asleep next to her. "Hey." She whispered.

Chloe waved to Keegan and smiled. "Are the guys up yet?" She asked.

"Jimmy is." Keegan said. "Brian might be." Chloe nodded. Keegan walked across the hall to her room and opened the door. Her heart sank down into her stomach. Zacky was lying in her bed. "Holy shit." She said a little louder than she intended it to be. Zacky hardly budged. He groaned slightly before returning back to his deep sleep.

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked as she came up behind Keegan.

"That's what's wrong." Keegan said pointing to Zacky. "Why the hell is he in my bed?" Zacky was lying on his stomach and had a bottle in his right hand. This is how he found Keegan in his room, sans the bottle. It would've been kind of funny if Keegan wasn't so pissed at him.

Keegan and Chloe walked deeper in her room and eyed Zacky on her bed. "Zacky!" Chloe yelled trying to get him up.

"Hey," Jason said walking into the room. "Would you knock it off?" He looked at Keegan and then at Chloe. "What're you doing here?" He asked Keegan.

"Trying to get Zacky out of my bed." She groaned. Jason looked down at her bed and smirked.

"You just couldn't stay away." He said to Keegan. She gave him the finger.

"Please." Keegan said. "I thought he wasn't here." Jason walked over to her bed and kind of shook Zacky. "hey," Jason said to his friend. "You've gotta get up." For a minute Zacky didn't budge. Keegan was about to go crazy. But he eventually sat up.

"About time." Chloe said.

"All right," Keegan said. "I would really appreciate it if everyone got out." Zacky looked up at her. He wasn't expecting to be hung over for their reunion.

"Keegan..." He said.

"I want everybody out." She said. Chloe kind of pushed Jason out the room and lead him to their room. Zacky slowly stood up and sluggishly made his way to the door.

"Can we talk?" He asked her when he turned around.

"We have nothing to talk about." Keegan said as she sat down on her bed. Zacky sighed.

"At least let me explain why I left like I did."

"I know why you left." Keegan said. "You had to go on tour."

"But it's not that simple, Keegan." Zacky said as he eased his way back inside her room.

"I don't see why you couldn't have told me." Keegan sighed. "How hard would it have been to take five minutes out of your partying to tell me that you were leaving."

"I didn't know how you would react-"

"So you decide to leave me naked in my bed?" Keegan asked. "That's so lame." By now Zacky was sitting on the edge of her bed. "You couldn't even call me?"

"I did call you." He said. "You hung up on me."

"You called me about a month after you left." Keegan snarled. She ran her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath. She could feel the tears welding up in her eyes already. The last thing she wanted to do was cry in front of him. "I don't know what made you think I would talk to you after you left me."

"I was hoping you wouldn't be so bitter." Zacky said. "I knew you would be upset. That was expected."

"You're not saying anything I want to hear, Zacky."

"Well," Zacky began. "I'm sorry." Keegan bit down on her lip as hard as she could and closed her eyes. "I never meant to hurt you." She couldn't hold back the tears any longer, even with her eyes closed.

"Zacky..." She sighed. He turned to look over at her, and his heart broke. Tears were spewing out of her eyes like there was no end. He moved closer to her.

"Don't cry." He said to her. He wanted to wrap his arms around her, but he wasn't sure how she would react. Keegan looked up at him. Her cheeks were bright pink and her eyes were slowly turning red. Zacky took his thumb and wiped away her tears. Then there was an intense pause. Neither one of them moved. They just sat there and looked at each other.

"Maybe you should go." She said. Zacky didn't say a word. He just looked at her. She pulled herself away from him and stood up. "Please." Zacky stood up and made his way towards the door.

"If you want to talk," He said. "you know where I'll be." He said just before closing the door.

"Wow." Chloe said. She took a sip of her French Vanilla coffee and sat back. "He said all that?" She asked. Keegan nodded.

"Yea." She said. Her eyes were still red, and her head was still hurting from crying.

"So what're you going to do?" Chloe asked. Keegan bit down on her lip and shrugged. She had no idea on what to do.

"What do you think I should do?"

"Well it's obvious you feel something for him."

"What makes you say that?" Keegan frowned.

"Well, you cried." Chloe said taking another sip of her coffee. "You wouldn't have cried if he didn't mean anything to you."

"Bullshit." Keegan sighed. She laid back down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"That's how it is when Jason and I get into it."

"Well you've been going out with the same guy since junior high." Keegan snorted. It was quiet for a while. Keegan could tell Chloe was growing impatient, but she just wanted to be sure about everything.

"If you didn't care about him, you wouldn't be asking for my advice." Chloe informed her. "You would already have your mind made up. You don't know what to do because you still like him." Keegan

"That's dumb." Keegan said.

"Whatever Keegan." Chloe said as she threw a pillow at her. She picked up her cup of coffee and headed for the door. "You're so hard to please." She said. Chloe walked out the room and closed the door, but she came back in almost immediately. "Jason said that the guys are having another party tonight at their house." Keegan looked up at her friend. "Maybe you can not talk to Zacky there." Chloe closed the door for the last time. Keegan laid on her bed deep in thought. What Chloe said made sense, but she didn't want to believe it. Keegan didn't want to admit that she felt something for Zacky. She didn't want to forgive him after what he did to her.

"Hey." Zacky said. Keegan kind of smiled. She had mustered up enough courage to come down to Zacky's place and try to have a conversation with him without crying.

"Hey." Keegan said back, still smiling. Zacky was in shock. He didn't expect Keegan to show up, and he definately wasn't expecting a smile.

"Do you-"

"What are you doing here?" Jimmy slurred as he approached Keegan.

"What?" Keegan asked. "I can't be here?" Jimmy shook his head.

"I just thought that you were trying to get as far away from Zacky as possible." Keegan and Zacky both looked at each other. Jimmy kind of got the hint. "I guess I'll leave you two alone then." He said just before walking away.

Ha. Keegan thought. Alone in a house full of people. "You want something to drink?" Zacky asked. Keegan thought about saying no. She didn't need anything in her system that could make her do anything she really didn't want to do. But something made her forget all of that.

"Yea." She nodded. Zacky began to reach for her hand, but decided against it. He didn't want to put too much pressure on her. He was already thanking God for letting her come.

They made their way into the crowded kitchen and fished out two beers. "How have you been?" Zacky asked. He immediately felt like punching himself in the face. He had just seen her a few hours ago, and she was crying. Keegan noticed and smiled. Atleast she knew he was as nervous as herself.

"I'm better." She said. She took a sip of her beer and looked around the room.

"I'm glad you made it." Zacky said.

"What?!" Keegan yelled. The room was crowded and extremly loud. She could hardly hear herself think.

Zacky leaned in closer to her and said it just a bit louder. "I'm glad you came."

"Oh." Keegan nodded. "Chloe was the one who convinced me to show up."

"Chloe just about hates me." Zacky said. Keegan grinned.

"The guys were telling me about what she said to you." Keegan said. She smiled wider when she noticed Zacky's embarrasment. Zacky kind of smiled back at her. He was beginning to think that fucking up wasn't such a bad idea.