Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 11

Zacky was kind of surprised when Keegan agreed to go upstairs with him. He was even more surprised when she grabbed his hand on the way up. He tried not to show how happy he was, but he was sure that his sweaty palms were giving it all away. "You can sit down anywhere." He said after he closed the door to his room. Keegan kind of grinned before sitting down on the edge of his bed. She took off her jacket and kicked off her shoes before folding her legs beneath her. Zacky came and sat down near her. He didn't want to get too close. He had been drinking since he got home that day, and he didn't want to screw things up. "You still mad at me?" He asked her. Keegan shrugged.

"A little." She said. "Can you blame me?" She asked him. Zacky didn't say anything, he just took a sip of his beer. Damn, he thought. I really fucked up. "I'm willing to try and work things out." Keegan informed him.

"What do you mean by work things out?"

"I don't want to stay mad at you." She said. "Even if what you did was pretty fucked up." Zacky took another sip of his beer. He was surprised that he wasn't completely wasted yet. He hoped that the alcohol he'd been consuming all day didn't rush to his head and he'd do something to embarrass himself and piss off Keegan. He was so nervous, he was sure he'd mess up again. "I enjoyed your company." Keegan said. "And you weren't bad in bed."

"Huh?" Zacky asked. Keegan laughed at the high pitch of his voice.

"You heard me." She said. Zacky felt himself moving closer to her. He couldn't stop himself. It was the alcohol.

"Well, when we work things out," Zacky began. "What will we be?" Keegan shrugged her shoulders.

"We'll have to wait and see." She said. Zacky nodded. He brought his beer up to his lips, but Keegan took it away from him. "You keep drinking like that, you're going to kill youself." She said. She drunk the rest of his beer before setting the bottle down on the floor.

"Jesus sweet heart." Zacky said. "What are you trying to do?" Keegan smiled up at him.

"I missed you calling me sweet heart."

Keegan woke up with a massive head ache. One of those bad ones that make it extremely hard to open her eyes. So she decided to keep them closed. She could tell she wasn't at home, and she sure as hell could tell she wasn't alone. She groaned as her hand ran over the large arm that was draped over her. "Zacky?" She said.

"Hmm?" Keegan's heart sank deep down into her stomach. She was hung over and lying in the bed of an old fling. She knew they couldn't have possibly just slept.

"Did we-"

"No." Zacky sighed. He wrapped his arm around her tighter. "We didn't do anything. You're still in your clothes. And the only reason you're in my bed is because you didn't want to leave last night. You could hardly move."

"I can hardly move now." Keegan said. Zacky had been up for quiet some time. All he had was a minor head ache and bad breath. He'd been thinking about what he and Keegan were talking about last night. He was so sure that she had forgotten about it. "But I want breakfast." She mumbled. She tried her hardest to move closer to Zacky, but she didn't budge. So Zacky moved a bit closer to her.

"Want me to go get you something?" He asked her.

"Pfft, like McDonalds." She said. "No thank you." She laughed. Keegan immediately regretted laughing. "You remeber when you took me to McDonalds?" She asked.

"Mmhmm." Zacky said. "You were in a real bad mood."

"Yup. You told me that I could be really pretty if I wasn't such a bitch."

"You know I didn't mean it." Zacky said. "I was just mad."

"Shut up." Keegan groaned. "You know you meant it." Zacky was silent for a moment. He was trying to figure out something to say to convince her that he didn't mean it. "Do you still think of me in that way, Zacky?" Keegan asked.

"Of course not, sweet heart." Zacky said. "I never did." Keegan grinned. She finally managed to move. She leaned forward and gave Zacky a brief kiss on the lips.

"You're so full of shit." She laughed. "I could really use some asprin." She said bringing her hand up to her head.

"The only way to get rid of a hangover is to get drunk again." Jimmy said. Keegan and Zacky both looked over at the doorway. Jimmy was leaning against the door in nothing but his boxers.

"You seem to show up at the worse times Jimmy." Zacky said. Jimmy smiled.

"Keegan doesn't think so." Jimmy teased. "Do you Keegan?"

"Can you get me some asprin and some water, Jimmy?" She asked.

"Well, since you have such a lousy boyfriend," He said looking at Zacky. "I will." He gave them both one last glance before heading downstairs to find some asprin.

It was two in the afternoon and Keegan was sitting on Zacky's kitchen counter eating a bowl of cereal. "You've got one shitty boyfriend." Matt said as he came strolling into the kicthen.

"I don't have a boyfriend." Keegan said.

"Oh please." He smiled. "You and Zacky love each other."

"What?" Zacky asked as he came bouncing down the stairs. His hair was still wet from the shower.

"I was telling Keegan how you're a shitty boyfriend and you guys are in love." Zacky looked at Matt before looking at Keegan. She didn't seem to mind his comment, so neither did Zacky.

"Don't you have some place to be?" Zacky asked. Matt flipped him off. Zacky looked at Keegan. "Do you want me to take you home when you finish?" He asked. Keegan frowned.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?" She asked. Zacky's eyes widened as he shook his head. Fuck.

"No." He said. "I was just-"

"Do you have other plans?" She asked. Zacky continued to shake his head.

"I just thought you would want to go home and clean up a bit."

"Are you saying I smell?" Keegan asked. Damn.

"No, not at all, I just-" Keegan and Matt both started laughing.

"Jeez Zacky, calm down." Matt said. When Zacky realized when was going on he began to laugh too.

"That's not funny." He said to the two of them. Matt gave him a pat on the back before leaving the kitchen.

"I'm sorry." Keegan laughed. "You just seemed so tense, I couldn't help myself." She put her bowl into the sink and grabbed Zacky's hand.

"So do you want me to take you home now?" He asked as he let her pull him between her legs. He rested his hands on her hips and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Yea," She said. "You can take me home now."