Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 12

"You gonna stay?" Keegan asked as she opened the car door. Keegan had her glasses and her hood on. She looked just the way she did when she first met Zacky. He wanted to stay, and she wanted him to stay. She wouldn't have asked if she didn't want him there. "You can come in, and after I get out the shower we'll do something." Zacky nodded as he pulled the keys out of the ignition.

"All right." He said. Keegan met him around the car and grabbed his hand. They made it up the front steps before she pulled out her keys.

"Be prepared for whatever shit Jason and Chloe have to throw our way." She smiled as she unlocked the door. Jason was lying on the sofa with the remote on his chest. He looked sick, bored and exuasted. "You look like shit." Keegan said to him. He just groaned in response.

"He's got the flu or something." Chloe said stepping into the room with a bowl of soup. She took a glance at Zacky and then at Keegan. Keegan could tell that Chloe wanted to say something. Thank God she didn't. "Your mom called, Keegan." Chloe said as she made her way to the sofa.

"Hi Chloe." Zacky said sending a weak smile in her direction.

"Zacky." She said. She handed Jason the bowl and he groaned again. "Take it." She said. "It'll make you feel better."

"Can you feed it to me?" Jason asked looking up at her. Keegan rolled her eyes while Zacky tried not to laugh.

"No I can't feed you." Chloe said. "You have two hands, you're capable feeding yourself."

"That's messed up babe," Jason groaned. "I'm in pain." Now Zacky couldn't hold his laughter any longer. This brought a smile to Keegan's face. But Chloe and Jason didn't look that amused.

"You want to wait down here?" Keegan asked. Zacky looked at Chloe and Jason who looked as if they both wanted to kill him.

"I'll wait in your room." He said. Keegan let out a little giggle.

"I thought you would." She smiled. She grabbed Zacky's hand and led him upstairs.

Keegan came strolling out of the bathroom in nothing but her underwear. She had done her hair and her make-up in the bathroom. She was expecting Zacky to be sitting on her bed waiting for her to step out her bathroom naked, but he wasn't. He was lying face down on her bed snoring loudly. She walked over to the end of the bed and tugged at his feet. "Zacky." She said. "Wake up."

"Jesus sweet heart," he sighed as he rolled over. "Let me sleep." He made himself comfortable and tried to go back to sleep. "Just for a few more minutes."

"All right," Keegan sighed. "I'll wake you up after I get dressed." Zacky rolled over slightly and looked at her. He saw that she was without clothes.

"All right, I'm getting up." He said. He wiped the slob from the side of his mouth.

"Good." Keegan said. She got up off the bed and headed for her closet.

"Keegan!" Chloe shouted from the other side of the door. "Your mom called again." Keegan rolled her eyes.

"Thanks." She said back. Keegan looked over her shoulder at Zacky. He had his eyes locked on her. "What?" She asked almost laughing.

"Hurry up and put some clothes on, sweet heart."

"I will if you let me pick them out." Keegan grinned. "Jeez, do you even know what we're going to do yet?" She asked.

"No."

"Then why are you rushing me?" Keegan asked. She turned around and faced him with her hands on her hips. Zacky couldn't help the fact that his mouth was watering. Keegan was standing there in nothing but a green and black polka dot boy shorts with a matching bra. Victoria's secret is out. He thought to himself. "Zacky?"

"You're teasing me, babe." He said. His eyes ran over her tattoos on her chest and stomach. He's seen them all before, but he was really interested in getting reaquainted with them. Keegan smiled as she walked over and sat down next to him. "Come on Keegan." Zacky groaned. "Get dressed."

"Make me." Keegan grinned.

"Keegan!" Chloe shouted again. Keegan rolled her eyes.

"What?!" She yelled back.

"Would you please call your mom?" Chloe asked. "She won't stop calling." Keegan reached for her phone and realized that her mom had called eight times.

"Fuck. She called me eight times." Keegan sighed.

"I wish my mom would call me." Zacky said.

"I wonder what she wants." Keegan dialed her mom's number and waited for her to answer. The phone rang once before her mom answered. "Mom?"

"Keegan where are you?" She asked.

"At home." Keegan said. She could hear a lot of loud noises in the background. She could hear her dad talking to her mom too. "Where are you?"

"The hospital." Her mom sighed. "Danny was in a car accident."

"What?!" Keegan asked as she stood up. "Is he all right?"

"Yes," her mom said. "He's fine. He just broke his arm and a few ribs." Keegan let out a sigh of relief. She had one hand over her heart as she tried to breathe normally. Zacky was right at her side. A few broken ribs and a broken arm was still pretty fucked up, but it was way better than what could've happened. "You don't mind coming down here do you?"

"No," Keegan said shaking her head. "I'll be there as soon as possible." She hung up the phone quickly and walked back over to her closet. This time she didn't hesistate to find some clothes. "My brother was in a car accident." Keegan sighed. "I've got to go see him."

"I'll drive you." Zacky said. Keegan smiled at him as she zipped up her jeans.

"Thanks, but you don't have too."

"It's all right." Zacky said shrugging. "I don't mind. Besides I want to meet your parents." Keegan laughed. It was a dry, nervous laugh. She didn't want Zacky to meet her parents. Not now atleast. She wanted to wait when she was sure Zacky was going to be in her life for a good while. Plus she's sure her parents wouldn't want to meet a guy she hardly knew while her brother was in the hospital.

"Maybe later, Zacky." She said. She grabbed a white t-shirt and pulled it over her head quickly.

"Seriously," Zacky said grabbing his keys off her bed. "I want to go. I'll drive." Keegan frowned a bit as she grabbed her jacket and put it on. She found a hair tie on her dresser and put her hair in a pony tail.

"All right." She sighed. "You can come. Just don't be an asshole." She smiled. "And just this once," She said walking over to him. "Don't call me sweet heart." She had her hands on his shoulders trying to balance herself as she slipped on one of her all black Vans. Zacky seized the opportunity and placed his hands on her hips. After she successfully got her shoe on, she looked up at Zacky. "You sure you want to go?" She asked softly. Zacky nodded.

"All right." She sighed. She shimmied out of Zacky's grasp and looked around for her other shoe. "Where is it?" she muttered to herself as she looked under her bed. "Have you seen my other shoe, Zacky?" She asked.

"I didn't even know you had that one." He said pointing to the one on her foot. Keegan looked around her room. She grew more and more impatient and frustrated with every place she didn't find the shoe.

"Why don't you just wear another pair?" Zacky asked.

"It's around here somewhere." Keegan sighed. She opened up her closet door and cursed at the mounds of shoes lying at her feet. "Fuck it," She groaned. "I won't wear fucking shoes." She plopped down on the floor with her face in her hands.

"Keegan, calm down." Zacky said. He made his way towards her and sat down across from her. Keegan lifted her head to show that she was on the verge of tears. "Everything is going to be fine." He said to her.

"I just didn't expect this." She said. She then kind of laughed. "You can never really expect something like this but..." She stopped and took a deep breath, letting her tears roll down her rosy cheeks.

"I know." Zacky said. "Come on Keegan." He said grabbing her hand. Keegan let Zacky help her up. He wiped her tears away and kissed her on the cheek.

"You know," she sniffed. "We haven't gotten to the hospital. You don't have to stop calling me sweet heart yet." She was still holding onto Zacky's hand when he leaned forward and kissed her. He brought his free hand up to her cheek and carressed it lightly with his thumb. More tears came to Keegan's eyes as she kissed him. Zacky pulled away for a moment to wipe away her tears again. He gave her another kiss before looking at her.

"We should go." He said. Keegan nodded. She then found a pair of flip flops under her bed and put them on quickly.

She held Zacky's hand all the way to the hospital. She had this nervous, almost anxious feeling as they parked. She wanted to see her brother. No matter how much arguing and bickering they did, she still loved him. All of the things she said and done to him was coming back to her. It was starting to weight down on her conscience. "You okay?" Zacky asked tugging at Keegan's hand. She looked up at him. He was looking down at her with such concern. Seeing Keegan like this was breaking his heart. This would be the first time he had seen her cry and it wasn't his fault. And as odd as it sounds, it hurt way less when he was the cause of her problems. "Keegan..." He said. He could tell she was about to cry again. He stopped her before they entered the hospital. "Don't." He said. Keegan mashed her lips together as she put her face in her hands. Zacky pulled her into his chest and let her cry. "Your brother is hurt," Zacky said. "But he's all right. Right?" He asked her.

"Yea, but what if something happens?" She asked as she looked up at him. Zacky felt as if he wanted to cry too, but for a whole different reason. The way Keegan was looking at him pulled at his heart strings. "He could be gone at any minute."

"Then we shouldn't be out here." He said. He wiped away her tears for what he hoped was the last time that day and pulled her inside the hospital.

It didn't take long for them to find her parents. They were both sitting down in a waiting room. Keegan finally let go of Zacky's hand as she made her way to her parents. Zacky stood back and watched them all hug, sob and share details about what happened. Zacky noticed that her dad was a big man, and got a little intimidated. He was glad he was wearing a jacket. He didn't want her parents seeing all of his tattoos. Then he thought about his piercings. He sure as hell wasn't taking out his lips rings for anybody, but he did push his septum piercing up into his nose so they wouldn't see it. Right after he did, Keegan walked over to him with her parents. Zacky didn't know what to say or how to act. He never expected to meet Keegan's parents at a time like this. He shook her father's hand and hugged her mother and just tried to be as polite as possible.

"You can go see him if you want." Her mom said. "He's awake."

"He's awake?" Keegan and Zacky asked in shock.

"Yea." Her dad said. "It happened early yesterday. Maybe a few hours after you left, but we couldn't get a hold of you." If Zacky didn't feel like crap before, he sure did now. If he hadn't kept Keegan occupied and kept distributing her with beer the day before, she would've probably been there for the first phone call.

"Will you guys come in there with me?" She asked.

"I can't see him like that." Her mom said. "I went in there earlier and panicked. Keegan turned to Zacky and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"You want me to go in there with you?" He asked her. He figured this was more of a family thing. He didn't see where he fit anywhere in this picture.

"Please." Keegan said. She looked at him with her large pleading eyes. Zacky couldn't say no to her after she bit down on her lip. She looked so hurt and so innocent. Zacky nodded and grabbed her hand.