Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 14

"No way." Keegan said reaching for her friends hand.

"I know." Chloe said as she looked down at the ring on her finger. "I thought he was never going to ask." Jason had proposed to her and of course Chloe said yes. She was sitting on Keegan's bed showing off her engagemeant ring.

"It's gorgeous." Keegan said. "I'm a bit jealous." She admitted.

"You should be." Chloe smiled.

"Well, congradulations." Keegan said as Chloe stood up. "I'd hug you, but I'm naked." Chloe looked down at Keegan and realized that she was only in her towel.

"Sorry." Chloe giggled. "I guess I was just a bit excited about the engagement. I'll let you get dressed." Chloe walked out the room and closed the door behind her. Keegan sat down on her bed and began to chew on her nails. She was trying to figure out a way to tell Zacky that her parents wanted to see him. They were a bit concerned about what had went on while Zacky annd Keegan were there, and now they wanted to get to know him. Just to make sure he's worthy of their precious daughter. Keegan didn't know how Zacky would take it. She'd hope that he's be down for it. But something told her that he wouldn't.

"Sweet heart," Zacky said stepping inside Keegan's room. "You done yet?"

"Almost." Keegan said from her bathroom. "I just gotta fix my hair." Keegan walked out the bathroom brushing her hair back. "Hey, instead of going to a party tonight like we normally do, let's do something else." She smiled. Zacky shrugged as he sat down on her bed.

"All right." He said. "What do you want to do?"

"Want to go to dinner?" She asked as she put her hair up into a pony tail.

"Like a real date?" Zacky asked smiling.

"Yea..." Keegan said. "A double date." She said.

"With Jason and Chloe?" Zacky asked. Keegan turned around and walked back into the bathroom.

"No. My mom and dad." She said.

"Are you serious?" Zacky asked.

"They called me a few minutes after I got out the shower and said they wanted us to have dinner with them." Zacky sat there for a moment as he let the idea process. It could go great and her family coould like him. Or it could go to hell and they would hate him. "So do you want to?" She asked. Of course Zacky wanted to say no, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He felt way too much for her to ever say no to her.

"Yea." He said. "When are we leaving?"

"Now?" She said as she looked at herself in her mirror.

"Now?" Zacky asked. Keegan nodded as she readjusted her bra.

"I'm going to call them and we're going to meet them there." She said. She walked over to him and sat down next to him. "You nervous?"

"A little bit." He admitted. Keegan smiled and kissed him.

"Don't be." She said. She pulled him up to his feet. "I think they like you." Zacky brought his hand up to his nose and tried to push his piercing up. "Leave it." Keegan said. "I like it. You look good with it."

"Your parents might not like it." Zacky said.

"So what?" She asked. "I like it." She stood on the tips of her toes and gave him a quick kiss. "And don't cover up your arms." She said.

"They're going to hate me for sure." Zacky said just before giving her a kiss.

"No they won't." Keegan said tugging at his hands. "But they might after I tell them I'll be on tour with you."

"Sweet heart no." Zacky said. "Don't tell them that."

"I was just joking." Keegan said laughing. She wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her chin on his chest. "Lighten up. It won't be that bad."

Bull shit. Zacky thought as they walked into the restraunt. He and Keegan had to stand in the small line for a few minutes before they could be seated with her parents. Zacky of course was sweating bullets. Keegan somehow had gained the rockstar mentality that Zacky and all his friends had. She was standing in line, clutching her purse with her head held high.

"Oh God." Zacky heard Keegan's mom say just before they reached the table. Keegan kissed her mother and father before letting Zacky pull out her seat for her.

"How are you guys?" Keegan asked trying to make conversation. Her parents didn't pay attention though. They were too busy looking at Zacky. The piercings, the tattoos. It was a bit much. "Hey." Keegan said trying to get their attention.

"Oh." Her mom said taking another glance at Zacky. "Sorry." Zacky felt himself sinking deeper and deeper into his seat. "We went to go see Danny today." Her mom said. "He was trying to walk around."

"He mentioned you." Keegan's father said to Zacky. "He says you're in a band." Zacky knew what was coming next. If they new about his band, then they would eventually know about Keegan coming on tour with him.

"Yea," Keegan's mother laughed a little. "He asked us if we put him in the Make A Wish foundation." Keegan laughed as she took a sip of the water that was in front of her.

"He told Zacky that he was a fan of his last night." Keegan said.

"Is that why you have all the tatoos?" Her dad asked. He said it in a polite way, but the look in his eyes let everyone know that he wasn't pleased.

"Come on, dad." Keegan said. "I have tattoos. There's nothing wrong with them."

"I'm just saying," Her dad said. "I have a few myself, but I didn't go overboard."

"Well," Keegan said looking a Zacky. "I like them." She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Zacky looked at her parents and then looked back at her. He didn't know what to say. Luckily the waitress came over to take everyone's orders. Zacky let Keegan order for him. He was terrified. Never in his life has he been so intimidated by a girl's parents. "Zacky," Keegan whispered as her parents ordered. "Say something." She had her hand on his knee squeezing it lightly. "Please."

"So Zacky," Her mother said as the waitress left. "What type of music does your band play?" She asked.

"It's like the stuff I like." Keegan said glancing at Zacky.

"That hard stuff with a ton of screaming?" Her dad asked. Zacky nodded.

"Sort of." He said finally. "We've changed a bit."

"They're pretty successful." Keegan said.

"Do you tour a lot?" Her mom asked. Shit. Zacky and Keegan both thought. They both kind of tensed up.

"Yea, we do." Zacky stutted. "We just got off our last tour about a week ago." Zacky said. "It was a short one. Only two months."

"When is your next one?" Her dad asked. Zacky looked at Keegan. She returned the look.

"In about a month." He said.

"Oh, how long is it?"

"Six months." Zacky said. He felt light headed and sick.

"Yea." Keegan said. "And I'm coming with him." Her mother nearly choked on her water. Her dad didn't seem to show much emotion at all. He'd been sending Zacky that pissed off look since they sat down.

"You're what?" Her mom asked.

"I'm coming with him." Keegan said.

"Really?" Her dad asked. Keegan nodded. Keegan put her hand under the table and squeezed Zacky's knee again.

"I invited her last night and she said yes." He said.

"Well," Keegan's mom said after a short pause. "That sounds like fun." She looked up at her husband and tried to smile. "Doesn't it honey?"

"Yea, fun."

The dinner went on like that for the rest of the night. Zacky didn't speak much, and he didn't eat that much either. He offered to pay, but Keegan's dad refused. Everyone was happy whne the dinner was over. When Zacky got back into the car, he let out a deep breath. He felt choked up through out the whole dinner, and he could finally breathe.

"That wasn't so bad, huh?" Keegan said as she closed her door.

"Sweet heart, that was brutal." He said as he started the car up.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't think it would be that bad." She leaned over in her seat and kiss him, but he moved away. "You mad at me now?" She asked. Zacky didn't dare look at her.

"No," He said. "I just..." He stopped and took a deep breath again. Keegan got back in her seat and buckled up.

"It's cool." She said. "I understand." Zacky didn't question her. He just put the car in gear and drove off.