Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 16

Zacky put his foot on the brake as he came to a red light. He had one hand on the wheel, and the other on Keegan's thigh. Keegan was sitting back in her seat looking adoringly at Zacky. He looked so consentrated. He kept chewing on his bottom lip and looking up at the light. Keegan couldn't help herself.

"I love you Zacky." She said. She hated that she said it first, but she just couldn't help herself. It's how she felt at that moment. The fact that Zacky might be mad at her right now, or what he did to her didn't alter her feelings. She knew she loved him, and she was hoping that he loved her back. Zacky looked over at her. She was smiling sweetly, and her hair and glasses only made her look more perfect than normal.

"I love you too, sweet heart." He said. Keegan smiled at him before turning her head to look out the window. The light turned green and Zacky slowly drove through the intersection. He removed his hand from Keegan's thigh and grabbed her hand.

"McDonald's?" Keegan laughed as they pulled into the drive through. Zacky grinned.

"I know how much you love it." He said. Keegan smiled at him before she leaned over the arm rest and kissed him.

Welcome to McDonald's. How may I help you?

The voice on the intercom said. Too bad Zacky and Keegan weren't paying any attention.

Sir, how may I help you?

Keegan laughed a bit into their kiss. She pulled away slightly nibbling on his bottom lip.

"There's a line forming behind us." She said. Zacky gave her another kiss before pullig away.

"What do you want?" He asked her.

"Whatever you're having plus an apple pie." She said leaning back into her seat.

After getting their food, they went back to Keegan's house. They ran into Jason and Chloe as they stepped inside. They were arguing. About Jason leaving for the tour no doubt. "Hey." Keegan said as she closed the door. Jason put his head down as Chloe turned to the couple.

"Hey Keegan." Chloe sighed. "Zacky."

"Hi Chloe." He mumbled. Keegan turned to Zacky.

"Do you mind waiting for me upstairs so I can talk to Chloe?" She asked. Zacky shook his head. Keegan smiled before kissing him and turned back to the fueding couple on the sofa. "All right Chloe," Keegan said as she heard Zacky's foot steps heading up the stairs. Keegan sat down on the sofa across from them. "I'm going to stay with you while the guys are gone." She said. Chloe smiled. She got up off the sofa and made her way towards Keegan and gave her a hug. "But, I'm not staying the whole time." She said. "I'm going to help you with all the hard stuff, and then when we're done, I'm going to leave." She said. Chloe still had her arms wrapped around Keegan.

"You're a life saver." She said. Keegan rolled her eyes as she looked at Jason. He was sitting with his arms triumphantly folded across his chest.

"I was just about to give in too." He said to the girls. Chloe lfited her middle finger. Jason just laughed.

"All right, let go of me." Keegan said pushing Chloe off of her. "I've got to go spend some time with Zacky before he leaves." Keegan said.

"Thanks Keegan." Chloe said.

"Yea." Keegan said as she walked around the sofa. She hit Jason on the back of his head just before running up the stairs.

As soon as she made it to her room, she closed the door and locked it. She had a feeling Chloe would be wanting to talk about her and Jason's wedding, and Keegan wasn't in the wedding planning mood. "Zacky, I-" Keegan stopped when she saw Zacky inhaling her apple pie. "Zacky!"

"What?" He asked setting down the small red box. "I left you half."

"That was my apple pie. If you wanted one you should've gotten one." Keegan sat down on her bed next to him and kicked off her shoes.

"I just thought we could share." He said with a mouthful of pie. "Look." he said handing her the box. "I even left you the bigger piece." Keegan shook her head and laughed. "What?" Zacky asked. Keegan leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Greedy ass." She mumbled as she began to pull her food from the white bag.

"What were you going to tell me?" Zacky asked.

"I was going to tell you that I figured out a way for us to still see each other while you're on tour."

"Oh?"

"I'm going to stay for a while and help Chloe with all the stuff she can't do by herself,"

"And..."

"And then when we're finish with all the big girl stuff, I'll come and join you." Keegan said. She took a sip of her Coke and nudged him with her elbow. "Sound good?" She asked.

"No." Zacky said honestly. "But it'll have to do." Keegan leaned over and gave him another kiss on the cheek. Zacky wiped away the salt from her fries that was now on his cheek as she giggled. "What if all the big girl stuff takes up most of the tour?"

"I'll come and see you Zacky." Keegan said. "Even if I'm down to the last day, I'll come and see you." She said as she stole one of his fries. "Now, pass me my half of the pie."

"Can't we just pretend like we're not here?" Zacky asked. Keegan shook her head as she made her way to the door.

"Your car is outside." She said. "They know somebody is here."

"Stop being such a puss Zach." Jason said. Keegan and Zacky both gave him a dirty look.

"Just don't worry about them, okay Zacky?" Keegan asked as she looked Zacky over. She made sure he was wearing a short sleeved shirt and that his septum piercing was out."Don't even think about them." Keegan stood on the tip sof her toes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. "Okay?" Zacky nodded. The doorbell rang again and Keegan finally opened it. "Hi mom. Hi dad." She said.

"Hi honey." Her mom said giving Keegan a hug. As she pulled away from her daughter, she noticed Zacky standing behind her. "Hello Zacky." She said. She didn't hesitate to give him a hug. "It's... nice to see you again." She smiled. Zacky smiled back at her.

"It's nice to see you too." He said placing his hand on Keegan's lower back.

"Come in." Keegan said. They all made their way to the sofa where Jason and Chloe were both sitting.

"Hi Chloe, Jason." Her mom said nodding to them. They both smiled and gave a polite hello.

"Did Keegan tell you about our engagemeant?" Chloe asked. Keegan rolled her eyes as she looked at Zacky. Chloe had to tell everybody.

"No she hasn't." Her mom said reaching for Chloe's hand.

"I've had better things to do." Keegan said.

"Like what?" Her dad asked looking at Zacky. He was trying so hard to intemidate Zacky, and it was working. With every passing second, Zacky would slip lower and lower into the cushions of the sofa.

"Pick at scabs." Keegan said.

"Keegan's just bitter." Jason said. "She has to stay here and help Chloe plan our wedding, while Zacky and I go on tour." Keegan's parents faces lit up. Her dad's scowl was replaced with a smirk. Her mother had dropped Chloe's hand and forgot out her engagement completely.

"You're staying?" Her mom asked. Keegan nodded.

"Not by choice." Keegan said. "And not for long."

"What does that mean?" Her dad asked. Keegan sighed.

"When the planning is done, I'm going to visit Zacky." She said. Zacky stood up quickly.

"Anybody want something to drink?" He asked. It was an eager attempt to change the subject.

"No thank you." Keegan's mom smiled.

"I'll have a beer." Her dad said.

"No." Keegan said. "He'll have a water." Zacky looked back and forth between Keegan and her dad.

"No, I'll have a beer. I know you kids have some."

"Yes," Keegan said. "We do. Tons of it. Enough to last a decade. But you can not drink in my house."

"Why the hell not?" Her dad asked as he sat back into his seat.

"I can't drink in yours." Keegan said shrugging.

"So, a water then?" Zacky asked.

"Yes." Keegan and her mom said at the same time. Zacky let out a deep breath as he turned around and walked towards the kicthen.

When inside, Zacky reached for the cabinet over his head to get to the cups.He couldn't help but let out another sigh. He liked the kitchen. He was out of the way of Keegan and her dad's personal disagreements. Zacky felt safe in the kitchen. "Hand me a beer out of the ice box." Zacky looked over to see Keegan's dad leaning against the counter rubbing his temples. Zacky's eyes went wide for a moment. "You hear me?" Her dad asked. Zacky sat the cup on the counter and went for the ice box to retrieve a beer for the man who despised him. Zacky handed the man the chilled bottle. "You're not going to open it?" He asked. Zacky nodded and grabbed the bottle opener in the drawer. He opened it and handed the beer to Keegan's father. "Thanks." He huffed. Zacky went back to the cup that was sitting on the counter. "Grab a beer." Keegan's dad said. Zacky nodded. He put the cup back in the cabinet and got a beer for himself. "What do you play?" Her dad asked.

"Guitar." Zacky mumbled.

"Speak up." Her dad said.

"Guitar." Zacky repeated.

"That's better." Her dad smirked. "Can't have my baby dating a puss." He said. "You guys are dating right?" He asked. "You're not just hooking up?" Zacky felt as if he were going to throw up. Any second he was just going to blow chunks all over Keegan's dad.

"We're dating." He said.

"How long have you been dating?"

"About four months." Zacky said.

"Do you love her?" He asked. Zacky coughed a bit as he got that sour taste at the back of his throat.

"Yes sir." Zacky said nodding. "A lot."

"What are you intentions with her?" Her father asked. Zacky looked down at his feet. He wanted to tell her dad just how he felt about all these damn questions. He wanted to pour the rest of his beer on top of his head. Zacky wanted to tell him how he knew his daughter's body like the strings of his guitar and plucked at her just as often. And most of all he wanted to thrust his fist in her father's face, but he didn't. He settled for a shrug.

"I don't know." Zacky said.

"You don't know?" Her dad asked.

"Jesus daddy, leave him alone." Keegan said as she stepped into the kicthen. She looked down at the beer in her dad's hands. "I thought told you no drinking." She said. Her dad opened his mouth to say something but Keegan cut him off. "Mom said she's not feeling well. She's ready to go home."

"All right." Her dad said. He leaned down and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "It was nice talking to you Zach." Her father walked out into the living room leaving Keegan and Zacky alone.

"Sorry Zacky." She said. "I should of figured he was in here messing with you."

"He called me a puss." Zacky said. Keegan giggled for a second, but then stopped herself.

"I'm sorry." She said again, but she couldn't hide her smile.

"Go ahead." Zacky said. "Laugh if you want to."

"Babe, I don't want to laugh." She said, trying desperately not to bust into a fit of giggles. "But it's funny." She said. "Come on, you want to laugh too."

"Your dad scares the shit out of me Keegan." Zacky said. "I swear I almost punched him." Zacky said leaning down and kissing her.

"Sure you did babe."

"I swear."

"I heard you." Keegan said kissing him. "Come on." She said grabbing his hand. "Let's go say bye to my mom, then you can tell me all about it."