Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 17

"What're you doing here?" Keegan's brother Danny asked with a frown. "Mom and dad were supossed to pick me up." He was sitting in a wheelchair with all of his belongings in his lap. Today was they day that he got to go home.

"Yea, well, they sent me." Keegan said.

"Why?" Danny asked. "Where are they?"

"They're at home." Keegan said. "But they needed more time to get everything ready."

"A welcome home party?" He asked with a grin.

"Not really." Keegan said as she walked around to the back of the chair and began to push him. "It's more like a family get together."

"Lame." Danny huffed. He had his arm in a sling and his chest was all wrapped up in bandages.

"Does it still hurt?" Keggan asked as she pushed him out of the hospital.

"A little." Danny said. "My chest mostly. Every time I breathe."

"Well, now you know not to get in a car with your dumbass friends."

"I was driving." Danny smiled.

"You're a shitty driver." Keegan said. They both shared a laugh which caused Danny to groan from the pain.

"You still going out with Zacky?" He asked. Keegan nodded.

"Yea. He's waiting out in the car."

"He's here?" Danny asked. Keegan nodded again. "Marry him. Please Keegan. Then he can be over all the time and maybe the other guys can come over too-"

"Why don't you marry him?" Keegan asked as she looked down at him.

"If same sex marriages were legal-"

"Something's wrong with you." She sighed.

They quickly made their way to Zacky's car. He was slouching in the driver's seat looking kind of bored. "Wake up." Keegan said as she opened the door. Zacky jumpmed a bit.

"Hey." He said as Keegan helped Danny get into the back seat.

"I'll be right back." Keegan told Danny. "I'm going to go put this wheelchair back. Try not to bug Zacky." Keegan shut the door and quickly walked towards the hospital.

"You feeling any better?" Zacky asked him.

"A little." Danny said

"That's all you got is a cast on your arm?"

"No," Danny sighed. "My chest is all wrapped up."

"That sucks." Zacky said. He looked out the window and saw Keegan slowly walking back to the car.

"Hey," Danny said. He winced as he tried to lean forward in his seat. "Do me a favor and marry Keegan."

"What?" Zacky asked turning around.

"She told me when we were inside that she was ready for marriage and that she's waiting for you to ask her."

"What?" Zacky repeated. "Are you serious?" Danny nodded. Just then Keegan opened the passenger door and hopped in.

"I swear." Danny said.

"What?" Keegan asked as she leaned over the arm rest to kiss Zacky. Zacky shook his head and grabbed ahold of the wheel.

"Nothing." He lied. "Tell me how to get to your parents house again."

"You forgot?" Keegan asked.

"I forced myself to forget." He said. Keegan laughed and leaned into his a bit.

"They're not that bad." Keegan said.

"You're mom's not that bad." Zacky sighed. "I like your mom. She doesn't think I'm a puss." Keegan laughed again and gave Zacky a kiss on the cheek.

"Dad doesn't like Zacky." Keegan said to Danny. "He think's Zacky is a puss." Danny laughed along with Keegan before letting out a sigh of pain.

"I don't know what I did." Zacky laughed. "I always thought I was pretty nice to the man."

"You should come with Danny and I." Keegan suggested. "Then you could... I don't know..." Keegan stammered. "Maybe you could talk to him or something."

"When I see your dad Keegan. I'm not thinking about talking to him." He smiled as he looked at her for a second. Keegan rolled her eyes.

"Whatever Zacky." She smiled. "But, you're only digging yourself deeper by not talking to him." Zacky just shrugged. "Make a left at the next light." Keegan leaned back into her seat and folded her arms across her chest. She wanted Zacky and her dad to get along. She didn't want to be one of those girls had an awesome boyfriend who didn't get along with his girlfriend's parents.

The rest of the ride was fairly quiet. The only person who really talked was Danny. "The food there tasted like shit." He would say. "None of the nurses are as hot as they are in the movies and shit." Keegan would mumble things that he seemed to understand. She was still kind of hung up on Zacky and her dad. Her dad has never really liked any of her boyfriends, but he never treated any of them like he was treating Zacky. "I swear Keegan, if you stop fucking Zacky I would never forgive you." Danny said. Keegan still didn't pay him much attention. She listened to Zacky chuckle and exchange a few words with Danny. Before giving him more directions to follow. "Do you think mom and dad are going to be mad at me after I'm all better?" Danny asked Keegan.

"I don't know." Keegan said.

"I think they're not mad at me now because I'm all fucked up and shit."

"Jesus Christ, Danny." Keegan said as she turned around and looked at him. "You have a horrible mouth." Zacky and Danny laughed as Zacky made his last turn onto Keegan's parent's block. "That's not something you should be proud of."

"Yea kid," Zacky laughed as he pulled up to the house. "You should probably take it down a notch."

"Sorry." Danny laughed. There was a line of cars in front of their parent's house. Keegan could only imagine how many of her family memebers she didn't remember were inside that house. "Let me out Keegan."

"Let me say goodbye to Zacky then I'll walk you up." Keegan said turning to look at him.

"I don't need help walking, I just need you to open the door." Keegan looked at Zacky with pleading eyes.

"You sure you don't want to come in?" She asked. "It would be really nice if you came in. Atleast to say hi to my mom." Zacky just kind of shrugged. He never took his hand off the wheel, and his eyes never left the pavement in front of him.

"I got some things to do with the guys before we leave tomorrow." He said. "Sorry." Keegan nodded slowly. She looked back at Danny before she looked back at Zacky.

"I'm sorry we can't be together for your last night here." She said softly. "You won't be busy tonight will you?" Keegan asked. Danny groaned from the backseat.

"Come on Keegan." He sighed.

"Zacky..." She said.

"We'll see when I come and pick you up." Zacky said. Keegan nodded again before leaning over and kissing him softly on his cheek.

"I'll call you when I'm ready." She said. She got out the car and opened the door for Danny.

"See ya, Zacky." Danny said as he let Keegan help him out the car.

"Have fun kid."

"I'll try." He said. He wrapped hia free arm around Keegan's neck, groaning from the pain in his chest. Keegan wrapped her arm around his waist and held onto his tightly. She kicked the door closed and tried her hardest to not drop her brother as they made their way up the steps of their parent's home. "I like Zacky." Danny sighed.

"Yea, I know."

"But if he talks about dad in front of me again, I'm going to punch him in that over-sized nose he has." Danny smiled.

"I won't stop you." Keegan said as she rang the doorbell.

"Danny!" Her mom screeched as she opened the door. Danny removed his arm from Keegan's neck and wrapped it around his mother's.

"Hi mom." He said.

"Hey mom." Keegan said.

"Is your boyfriend coming in?" Her mother asked nodding towards Zacky's parked car. Keegan turned around and noticed Zacky on his phone.

"I don't think so."

"He's scared of dad." Danny said.

"He's getting out of his car." Their mom said. Keegan and danny both turned around and watched as Zacky walked up to the house. By the time he made it to the steps, he had slipped his phone into his pocket and smiiled politely at Keegan's mom.

"What're you doing Zacky?" Keegan asked a bit stunned.

"You asked me to stay." He smiled as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "So, I'm staying."

"Good!" Their mom said. "Now you can meet the rest of the family." She said as she helped Danny inside. "I promise they're a lot nicer than Keegan's father."

Zacky, Keegan and Danny spent most of their time sitting on the sofa watching a baseball game. Keegan wasn't that into it, but Zacky and Danny were. Everyone there hugged, kissed, and told Danny how lucky he was that he got out of the accident alive. He would listen for a brief moment, but would eventually go back to the game. Zacky made sure that Keegan introduced him to everyone before they sat down so he could enjoy the game. He even said hi to her dad. He only did it to piss him off though. "At least it's a start." Keegan said.

Keegan and Zacky left a few hours later. "Your place or mine?" Zacky asked as he drove away from her parent's house. His eyelids looked heavy, his clothes hung off of him in an unflattering way, his once nicely groomed hair hung in his face. He looked exausted.

"Your's." Keegan said. "I'm not in the mood to deal with Chloe and Jason right now." Keegan chuckled. "I can just imagine the things they're doing now."

"Especially since Jason is leaving tomorrow." Zacky shuttered at the thought of what could be going on at Keegan's house. "Nasty."

"Thank you for staying." Keegan smiled. "It meant a lot to me that you weren't a puss and you stayed." She teased. Zacky smiled a bit. "I'm going to miss you Zacky."

"You better." He smiled. "I'm going to be counting down the days until you get to come with us."

"I've already started helping Chloe with some of the planning so I can come and see you as soon as possible."

"Good." Zacky said. He leaned over and gave Keegan a kiss on the cheek.

"Pay attention Zacky." She giggled. "Now hurry up and get us to your house."