Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 2

Keegan lit a cigarette as Zacky pulled into the McDonalds drive through. "I thought we were going out to eat." She said blowing her smoke out the window.

"We're out, and we're about to eat."

"But, fucking McDonalds?"

"Sweet heart, beggers can't be choosers." He informed her. Keegan looked at him from the corner of her eye. He wasn't that bad looking. He was actually pretty hot. She loved the piercings and the tattoos. But most of all, she loved his eyes. No matter how much of an ass he was, he had beautiful eyes. "So," He said. "How long have you known Jason.?"

"Not very long." Keegan said. Zacky leaned his head out the window and yelled at the intercom, telling the woman his order.

"You want something?" He asked her.

"Just give me whatever you're having." She said. Zacky stuck his head back out the window and continued to yell into the intercom. When he finished, he pulled up to the window and pulled out his wallet.

"What about Chloe?" He asked.

"I've known Chloe since high school. We've been friends since freshamn year." Zacky handed the woman his money and waited for their food. "I actually live with her." Zacky looked in Keegan's direction and smirked.

"Does she always wake you up like she did this morning?" Keegan laughed.

"No, this is the first time." She giggled. The woman at the window handed Zacky their food. He thanked her and drove off.

"Do you think they're finished yet?" He asked Keegan. "Justin and Chloe, I mean." Keegan shrugged.

"I hope so." She said as Zacky pulled out of the parking lot. He pulled out something from the bag and began to eat it. "Can you not eat while you drive?" She asked. "I kind of like living."

"I always eat while I drive."

"You probably do." Keegan said. "But could you not do it with me?" Zacky looked over at her.

"You know," He said with a mouth full of food. "You could be really cute." Keegan turned and looked at him. She snatched the bag of food from his lap and searched the bag for some hashbrowns.

"Just keep your eyes on the road." She sighed.

"I'm serious." Zacky said. "You could be pretty, if you didn't spend most of your time being such a bitch." Keegan looked in his direction.

"Like you know anything about me." She said. "You've known me for day, and you can barely remeber anything from last night."

"I can just tell that that's how you act." He said. "I was being nice to you this morning by letting you stay in my bed, I took you to get something to eat-"

"At fucking McDonalds."

"-And, I paid for it." He said. "Now, I'm letting you stay in my car while you bitch me out for giving you a compliment." Keegan turned in her seat so she could get a better look at him.

"Calling me a bitch is supposed to be a compliment?"

"Sweet heart, that's probably the nicest thing anyone can say to you." Keegan bit down on her lip and turned back in her seat. "I knew you wouldn't have anything to say to that." Zacky said to himself. After that, the car ride to his house was quiet, very quiet. It was so quiet, their thoughts seemed to be screaming. When they got to Zacky's house, they noticed that Jason's car was gone. They both sat there with their mouths wide open .

"Fuck." Keegan whispered to herself. Zacky looked up at her.

"Do you want to stay here-"

"No."

"-And wait to see if they come back?" He asked her. "Or do you want me to take you some place?" Keegan looked at Zacky. He was pretty generous, for an asshole. "You want me to take you home?" He asked. Keegan didn't say anything. She was too embarrassed by her bitchy behavior. So, she just nodded. Zacky pulled out the driveway and sped off down the street.

Keegan tried to keep her cool for the rest of the car ride, only because he was giving her a ride. She managed not to say anything too mean, but she did roll her eyes a few times. "This is where you live?" Zacky asked looking at the large house.

"No." Keegan said. "This is my parents house."

"Why the hell would you want to move out of here?" He asked, still staring at the house.

"I didn't want to move out. They kind of, kicked me out." Keegan slid out of the car and pulled on her hood. "Thanks." She said.

"Don't mention it." Zacky said. "Ever." Keegan frowned at him as she closed the door.

"Asshole." She muttered to herself. She made her way up to her parents front door as Zacky sped off down the street. She knocked on the door a few times before someone finally came. Her mom came to the door her lavender robe.

"Keegan," She said sounding surprised. "What're you doing here?" She wrapped her arms around her daughter and hugged her.

"I was just bumming around." Keegan said stepping in. "I thought I would come and see you guys."

"Your dad is cooking breakfast." Her mom said as she pulled her in. "Go in the kitchen and get you someting to eat."

"You look like you can gain a few pounds." Her little brother, Danny, said as he raced down the stairs.

"Fuck off, Danny." She sighed as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Fucking bum..." He said. Keegan groaned.

"Why don't you grow up?" She said. "Have you even gone through puberty yet?"

"It's too early for you two to be arguing." Her dad said. He was standing over next to the stove, with his mouth open, as wide as a bear's, as he yawned. Keegan walked over to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"'Morning dad."

"What're you doing here?"

"Begging for money." Danny said.

"Dammit Danny!" Keegan said.

"Danny, leave her alone." Keegan's mom said.

"I'm only here because I'm bored and I didn't know where else to go." She said. "I'm bored." She repeated to herself.

"What did you do last night?" Her mom asked as she sat down at the table.

"Party." Her brother and dad said at the same time.

"I don't know why I ever come over." Keegan whispered to herself. She pulled her hood over her head and slumped back in her seat.

"You and that damn jacket."

"Watch your mouth, Danny." Her dad said waving a spatula in his direction.

"What?" He asked. "Like you guys aren't sick of looking at it." He was right. They were all tired of looking at it. But it was Keegan's favorite jacket. It was almost like a security blanket. When she got nervous or upset she would always pull on her hood and kind of hide inside her jacket.

"I'm gonna go." Keegan sighed as she stood up. "You guys are annoying." Her brother laughed. She walked over to her mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek, then walked over to her dad and did the same. She slapped the back of her brother's head as she walked out. "Fucker." She said.

"Keegan." Her mom said. Keegan turned around and was shocked to find her mother handing her a wad of money. "Here you go." She said.

"What is this for?" Keegan asked. Her mom kind of frowned.

"I'm not going to beg you to take it, Keegan." She put the money into Keegan's hand.

"How much is it?"

"It's not much." She said. Keegan gave her mom a hug and another kiss before thanking her.

"I'll pay you back mom." She said. "Eventually."

"I'm sorry, Keegan." Chloe said. "We just couldn't help ourselves." She giggled.

"Why'd you leave?" Keegan practically yelled. "That chubby fucker had to take me home."

"I'm sorry." Chloe said again. "I didn't think you guys would still be at each other's throats."

"Why would you think that?" Keegan asked. "He's such an asshole. I hope I never have to see him again."

"You don't mean that."

"Yes I do."

"He can be nice when he wants to be." She said. "He was really nice to me last night." Chloe said shrugging. Keegan rolled her eyes. "He's kind of cute."

"I guess." Keegan said. "If you're into guys with cleavage."

"Stop acting like that, Keegan." Chloe sighed. "Come on and get dressed."

"I am dressed." Keegan said looking down at herself.

"That's what you had on yesterday." Chloe said. "Take a shower and get dressed. Jason is coming over and he's taking us out."

"Out where?"

"Don't worry about it." Chloe barked. "Just start getting ready."

"It's just going to be us?"

"Jason said he's going to bring a friend so you won't be lonely."

"Do I know him?" Keegan asked.

"Maybe." Chloe said.

Keegan groaned as she sat down on the sofa, across from Zacky. "Look sweetheart," Zacky began. "I don't want to spend my day with you either, but since we have to why not try and make the best of it?" Keegan rolled her eyes.

"I swear I'm going to kill Chloe." She hissed.

"I'll help." Zacky sighed. He and Keegan sat in silence for a good five minutes. They looked at anything in the room, except for eachother. But when Zacky finally looked at Keegan, she began to feel nervous. She quickly pulled on her hood and pushed herself into the sofa. "Are you hungry?" He asked. "We could go and get something to eat while we're waiting for Chloe and Jason." Keegan shook her head. "Do you know where we're supposed to be going?" Keegan shook her head again. Zacky looked around the room, trying to come up with a good conversation starter. Normally he wouldn't have to think of a conversation starter, he'd just have to step into a room. "Um, do you have a boyfriend?" Keegan looked up at him.

"Why?"

"Just curious." Zacky shrugged. "So, do you?"

"Maybe." She said. Just then, Chloe and Jason came walking down the stairs. Chloe smiled at Keegan, hoping that she was over the fact that Zacky was there. But she knew Keegan was still pissed when she flipped her off.

"Are you guys ready now?" Zacky asked. They all nodded and headed for the door.

"Where are we supposed to be going anyway?" Keegan asked.

"The movies." Jason said. Zacky and Keegan rolled their eyes. The movies meant that Chloe and Jason were going to be tounging each other for two hours.

"God," Keegan groaned. "This day couldn't possibly get any worse."