Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 20

Keegan sat on her bed with her legs folded beneath her. She was watching the floor as Chloe paced across the room. She held the phone to her ear as she talked to Jason. She kept yelling things like "Who the fuck does he think he is?" And, "I hope it falls off!" Keegan just sat there, fighting back tears. Zacky made such an effort to get them together. Keegan didn't get how he could just mess everything up like he did. "What did he just call me?" Chloe asked. "A nosey what?" Keegan looked up at Chloe to see her standing in the middle of the room with her hand on her hip. Her foot frantically tapping against the floor. "And you just let him call me these names?" Keegan looked back down at the floor.

She wanted to cry so badly. She wanted to run around the house, screaming and yelling. She wanted to break things, like Zacky's nose. She just wanted to cry, but she refused to cry. She didn't want to shed another tear for Zacky. He obviously didn't care for her, so why should she show that she cared for him by crying. "Who is she?" Chloe asked Jason. "No, tell me!" She whined. "But-" Chloe sighed and walked over to Keegan. "Here." She said. "Jason won't tell me who she is." Keegan was hesitant to take the phone, but she did.

"Yea." She sighed.

"She's just a tag along." Jason said. "Zacky was bored and picked her up after one of their shows." Keegan just sat there. "From what I can see she doesn't mean anything. She's nobody." Keegan looked up at Chloe and handed her phone back to her.

"What'd he say?" She asked Keegan. Keegan looked down into her hands ans sighed. She wasn't in a talking mood. All she could think about was Zacky. She thought about how sweet he was when he wasn't fucking up. How soft his hands were and the way he touched her. She thought about the many tattoos than ran up and down his arms. She thought about his piercings, his smile, and his eyes. Thinking about all the good times they shared almost made her smile. Then she got to thinking about when he left her, and now this. All the good seemed to be outweighed by the bad. It pissed her off like nothing else in the world. She wanted to hurt him. But then she started thinking about all the things that they've done. Things like the memorable activities that took place in her bed and the mellow drives to McDonald's. The things that she knew she would miss. Her shoulders slumped and her face fell. She mashed her lips together and brought her shaking hands up to her face. She pushed her teeth down on her lips in an attempt to keep the tears hidden behind her eyes lids. "Yea, she's going to start crying." Chloe said. Keegan took a deep breath and tried to stop thinking about Zacky completely.

It didn't work. She thought about the time when her brother was in that accident. Zacky was so nice and comforting. He tried so hard to help her through that. Thinking about what he's just done to her, made it hard to believe that he was the same person. How could someone who was so sweet and sincere cheat on someone. "Hell no he can't talk to her." Chloe said. Keegan brought her hands down from her face and looked at Chloe. "He had his chance to talk to her." Keegan held her hand out to Chloe.

"Let me talk to him." She said. Chloe looked at her for a moment before shaking her head.

"No."

"Chloe," Keegan frowned. "Give me the phone."

"You don't need to talk to him." She said.

"I know." Keegan said. "But I want to." Chloe rolled her eyes. "Give me the phone Chloe." Keegan said. Chloe walked over to her and handed her the phone once again.

"Keegan?"

"What is it Zacky?"

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "She's nobody. She means nothing to-"

"Is she still there?" Keegan asked. Zacky went silent for a second. All Keegan could hear was the slight humming noisecoming from the phone. "Is she still there Zacky?"

"Well-"

"I can't believe you Zacky." Keegan sighed. "I don't understand how you could do this to me."

"Sweet heart, I-"

"Don't call me sweet heart." Keegan snapped. "I find it funny that you would throw away a good thing for a tag along."

"Keegan, it's not what you think."

"Then what is it Zacky?" Keegan asked. Zacky didn't say anything. Keegan heard him sigh before the line went silent.

"Keegan, I-"

"Bye Zacky." Keegan sighed as she hung up the phone. She groaned loudly before throwing the phone across the room. "Fuck," She said running a hand down her face. "I hate when my dad is right."

Since then, Keegan seemed to find herself laughing. Everytime Zacky would call her, she would double over in laughter. She found it funny how he was calling her now. After a month of avoiding her, and what Keegan would call one of the worst break-ups she has ever endured, now he wanted to talk. Keegan would laugh her ass off everytime she would see his name on her caller i.d. He was persistant, just as much as he was pathetic. She would answer every now and then. Just to tell him to kill himself, or that there was another guy in her bed with her. Then she would hang up on him and laugh. She refused to cry for him. So she laughed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Danny asked as he opened the door. His chest wasn't bandaged up anymore, but he still looked a bit bruised up.

"I just came by to see how everyone is doing." Keegan said as she pushed him out of her way. "You still hurting?" She asked as she made her way inside.

"Not much." Danny said.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"I don't know. They've been gone for about an hour." He poked his head out the door before looking at Keegan. "Where is Zacky?" He asked her.

"On his tour." Keegan said.

"Oh yea." He said as he closed the door. He moved over to the sofa and took a seat. Keegan walked into the kitchen. "How is he?"

"I don't know." Keegan said. "But I hope his crotch is itching."

"What?" Danny asked.

"We're not together anymore."

"Why the hell not?" Danny asked as he stood up. "You were supossed to marry him Keegan!"

"Well I'm not."

"How the hell did you manage to mess this up?"

"I didn't do a thing Danny." Keegan said as she pulled a cup out of the dish holder. "He cheated on me." Danny stood there quietly, running his fingers along the tiled counter top. He looked down at his feet as he tried to think of something to say. What do you say to something like that? Sorry just doesn't seem to cut it. He looked up, raising a brow as Keegan began to laugh hysterically. She leaned back against the counter and brought her hands up to her face as she laughed. Her honey colored hair bounced as she shook her head in hysterics.

Danny stood there just watching her. He was unsure of what to do. He didn't know if he should laugh with her or hug her. But after a while, it was appearant that she wasn't laughing anymore. As hard as she tried to mask her sobbing with laughter, she didn't succeed. "Keegan," Danny said. Keegan removed her hands from covering her face and began wiping away the tears from her eyes.

"Damn." She sighed. "I was trying so hard not to cry." She looked up at Danny. He had wrinkles of concern on his forehead. Keegan smiled softly before standing up stright. "I think I'm going to go." She said. "Don't tell mom and dad about Zacky all right?" Keegan asked. "I'd never hear the end of it." Danny nodded. "Thanks." Keegan said. She walked over and rustled his hair a bit. "I'll see you later."

"You all right Keegan?" Danny asked. Keegan nodded.

"Yea." She said as she began digging around in her purse. She pulled out a box of cigarettes's and brought one up to her lips. Danny felt around in his pockets and pulled out a lighter and tossed it to her. "I just need to find a party."