Sloppy Love Jingles

chapter 23

Keegan was sitting between Johnny and Mat with her leg crossed over the other, and her arms folded on top of her chest. She's had a smile on her face ever since she sat down. She wished Zacky was here to see it. She wished he could just walk in and see how happy she was without him. Keegan wanted him to see how Matt's arm was loosly draped on the back of the sofa, and how his hand would casually caress her shoulder every now and then.

She wished e was here to see how Johnny would lean into her everytime he said something to her.

"Shouldn't you guys be with your family or something?" Keegan asked Johnny. Johnny shrugged before moving a bit closer to her.

"We've seen them already today." He said. "Usually the day after we get home is their day." He smiled. "We've got to put in one more day of partying before we can settle down and hang out with the folks." Johnny shrugged again. "They get it." Keegan nodded before looking down at her shoulder. Matt's thumb was slowly moving up and down her shoulder. Keegan looked across Jimmy and Brian sitting on the love seat. Jimmy had his hands up to his face and he was laughing widly. Keegan felt Matt's body shake with laughter. Brian had just made a joke about Zacky. Johnny kind of nudged Keegan with his knee as he started laughing along too. Soon everyone was laughing.

"Babe, get me another beer." Jason said to Chloe.

"Your legs work don't they?" She asked.

"But baby..." Jason whined.

"I'll get it." Keegan said as she stood up. She picked up a few beers cans that were on the able. "Anybody else want a beer?" She asked.

"Yea," Jimmy said handing him her empty beer can. "You can get me one." Keegan reached out and took his can. His fingers lightly grazing hers. Keegan looked at him for a second. He almost smiled at her. Keegan looked over at the rest of the guys. Brian was looking at her like she was his next meal. Johnny had a smug smile on his face while he was eying her legs. And Matt, with his arms comfortably hanging behind the sofa, was admiring her chest. Keegan almost laughed at how uninhibited they were about checking her out. "Thanks." Jimmy said. Keegan kind of nodded before giving all the guys one last glance.

"Wow." She muttered to herself as she entered the kitchen. She dumped all the cans into a large garbage bag.

"You recycle?" Matt asked as he stepped into the kitchen. He placed his can in the bag.

"Only when you guys are here." Keegan said. "That's the only time we have a lot of cans." She set the bag near the back door and sighed. "It'll be filled by the end of the night."

"Zacky just called Jimmy." Matt said. Keegan shrugged her shoulders. "He was wondering when we were leaving." Keegan didn't say or do anything. She just stood there with a blank expression on her face. "You don't care?"

"I don't care about anything that has to do with him." She said. Matt nodded as he got three beers. He handed one to Keegan and kept the other two.

"I know you've been dying to ask us about that girl." Matt said. Keegan shrugged again. "She wasn't as great as you think." He said. "She was like a temporary replacement. She wasn't as cool as you, she wasn't as pretty as you."

"Then why was he with her?" Keegan asked. "Why did he have to be so stupid?" This time Matt shrugged.

"I don't know." He said. "But you can ask him when he get's here."

"Huh?"

"He's on his way here."

When Keegan opened the door and saw Zacky the only thing she thought of was how good he looked. For a split moment, she forgot about what he did. She saw the Zacky that she spent countless hours with. She was on her way to hug him, then he opened his mouth. "Keegan I'm-" He didn't even get a chance to finish. Keegan brought her hand up and slapped him.

"Who do you think you are?" Keegan asked him as she closed the door. She stood outside with her arms crossed and a frown on her face. "You think you can just come up here and apologize and everything will be all right?" Zacky didn't say anything. He just looked at her. "I don't know what that girl has been feeding you to make you think I'd take you back after what you did to me."

"Keegan, let me just explain."

"Like you did last time?" Keegan huffed. "I don't want to hear a thing you have to say." She said. "I'm not going to let there be a next time, Zacky." Keegan sighed and ran her hand down her face. "I think you should just leave."

"I'm not leaving."

"Zacky..."

"Keegan, I'm not leaving until you atleast let me tell you how it happened."

"I don't want to know how it happened." Keegan frowned. "I could care less about how you coaxed her into sleeping with you." Keegan said. "I actually feel bad for her. You were just fucking with her like you were with me."

"I messed up." He said. "I don't have an excuse. I just fucked up this time."

"I should've listened to my dad." Keegan muttered.

"That's bullshit Keegan." He said.

"Well," Keegan shrugged. "You can sit out here and complain about me not taking you back being bullshit. I'm going to head inside."

"Sweetheart-"

"Please," Keegan huffed. "I stopped being your sweetheart when you started fucking someone else."